Comonality between the 2012-2015 Versys 1000 and the 2015 - on Versys 1000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Comonality between the 2012-2015 Versys 1000 and the 2015 - on Versys 1000

Folks,

I just purchased on of the last of the old shape Versys 1000 (2014 shape) on a 2015 plate. As I am looking around the interweb, I see Kawasaki are not making many spares for this bike anymore and accessories are becoming more difficult to find in suppliers.( Europe)

My question, more in line with spares and accessories ( such as lowered seats, engine bars etc), will many 2015 on P&A fit my machine? Is there much difference between the two variants or is the change predominantly cosmetics?

Strange, as I just bought a PUIG Touring screen and it was marked up for a 2017 Versys 1000, but fitted perfectly. That being said - I cannot find a replacement ( Low ) seat for a Versys 1000 (2014) anywhere, all out of stock and can't reorder.

Many Thanks

JMC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys 1000 2015b.jpg (42.4 KB, 4 views)

Live, Ride, Be Happy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
The Versys 1000 didn't hit the States till 2015 so we have no experience with the first model. Some Canada members might be able to help since the first model was released there. Good Luck....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCormack View Post
I cannot find a replacement ( Low ) seat for a Versys 1000 (2014) anywhere, all out of stock and can't reorder.
I got a lowered seat for my 15 650 from Sargent, probably similar price to Kawi. Look up seats on the forum, you can DIY a lowered seat by trimming some foam off yours and getting it recovered...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode