Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Coolant Bottle Cover Panel Removal

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dlars 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the panel off that covers the coolant overflow bottle on a 2019 Versys 1000. The 2018 may have the same I think. I can look at it from the left hand side through the handlebar area and see it's a bit below the bottom line and want to add some.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Believe it or not, it is in the owners manual, the hardest part is understanding the push pins, looking like rivets, they only need a round tooth pick or small screw driver to push in slightly, which release them, then use your small slot screw driver or fingernail to pull out, to re-use you push the pin out the opposite way. The remainder is rubber grommets and metric screws. Start near the set / top of the tanks, you will see rubber grommets behind the plastic, believe it or not I use spit to reinstall. Some use WD40, problem with that is it makes it much easier for the panel to pop out again as some lube will remain, spit just dries up>:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.