4Likes
  • 2 Post By dlars
  • 2 Post By dlars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Coolant Bottle Cover Panel Removal

Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the panel off that covers the coolant overflow bottle on a 2019 Versys 1000. The 2018 may have the same I think. I can look at it from the left hand side through the handlebar area and see it's a bit below the bottom line and want to add some.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you want to add coolant without removing side cowling, you will need to reach in and remove the coolant bottle cover , then use a small hose to fill. It can be done, just need some imagination.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlars View Post
Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the panel off that covers the coolant overflow bottle on a 2019 Versys 1000. The 2018 may have the same I think. I can look at it from the left hand side through the handlebar area and see it's a bit below the bottom line and want to add some.

Thanks in advance
Believe it or not, it is in the owners manual, the hardest part is understanding the push pins, looking like rivets, they only need a round tooth pick or small screw driver to push in slightly, which release them, then use your small slot screw driver or fingernail to pull out, to re-use you push the pin out the opposite way. The remainder is rubber grommets and metric screws. Start near the set / top of the tanks, you will see rubber grommets behind the plastic, believe it or not I use spit to reinstall. Some use WD40, problem with that is it makes it much easier for the panel to pop out again as some lube will remain, spit just dries up

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Believe it or not, it is in the owners manual, the hardest part is understanding the push pins, looking like rivets, they only need a round tooth pick or small screw driver to push in slightly, which release them, then use your small slot screw driver or fingernail to pull out, to re-use you push the pin out the opposite way. The remainder is rubber grommets and metric screws. Start near the set / top of the tanks, you will see rubber grommets behind the plastic, believe it or not I use spit to reinstall. Some use WD40, problem with that is it makes it much easier for the panel to pop out again as some lube will remain, spit just dries up
Alright, it appears as tho numerous panels have to come off or is it just the one
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Alright, it appears as tho numerous panels have to come off or is it just the one
https://www.kawasakipartsnation.com/...d9b439/cowling

Looking at the diagram,it looks like multiple parts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
If you want to add coolant without removing side cowling, you will need to reach in and remove the coolant bottle cover , then use a small hose to fill. It can be done, just need some imagination.
Hmmm interesting, I may need to find a kid with small hands
Fastoman and funflyingguy like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Possibly 1 panel

Quote:
I can only speak for the MK-3 2015 650 Versys, there are two panels, however the lower one is attached to the upper one and come off as a complete assembly, start at the gas tank top, since what you are trying to do is fill the reservoir, you only need some extra clearance. My 2015 650 uses a combination of push pins, screws and rubber grommet/ pins. FYI I can only speak for the 650, the panel at the top is roughly $200. Get a bright flashlight and look between the gas tank and plastic, that should give a clue. Also the owners manual has it in.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I can only speak for the MK-3 2015 650 Versys, there are two panels, however the lower one is attached to the upper one and come off as a complete assembly, start at the gas tank top, since what you are trying to do is fill the reservoir, you only need some extra clearance. My 2015 650 uses a combination of push pins, screws and rubber grommet/ pins. FYI I can only speak for the 650, the panel at the top is roughly $200. Get a bright flashlight and look between the gas tank and plastic, that should give a clue. Also the owners manual has it in.
Thanks for the info. I got it off and it was pretty much to the full line, but I added a little just because I had it off
onewizard and Fastoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode