• 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By Shibumik

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Cool Babes in Boyland

This past weekend I had meetings in Ohio and decided to take my bike and make some fresh vitamin D for a few days. Instead of the K1600GTL, I grabbed my trusty V1k. Once the meetings ended (I hastened that part of the weekend - hate meetings with a passion), I grabbed a friend and we headed out for a glorious run. Perfect day. Delightful company. Wonderful trip.

We headed up I-71 and pulled off to get gas about 60 miles out. Pulled into the station next to a group of bikes. As it turned out, these folks were Canadians who spent the past 8 days touring to Nashville and back from Montreal. Wonderfully nice people. We talked for more than an hour and exchanged stories. The surprising part was half of the riders were wives and girlfriends! Each woman was riding her own bike. Several gs800’s had been lowered to accommodate the ladies. Once we left, I decided to visit my grandparents’ grave about 40 miles away. Ticked that off then visited a family member about 45 miles away. Beautiful ride through the sights, sounds, and smells of farm country. Life was good.

We decided to head back to Columbus then stopped to get something to eat in a town about 60 miles north on route 23. We then ran into another couple riding on their V-Strom’s. Talked to them a bit and I commented how nice it was to see women getting in the game. They acknowledged they were seeing more of the same and were seeing more everyday. That’s a great thing.

Later that day we arrived back in the city and stepped out for our favorite Stromboli at Carsonies for dinner. As we were leaving another couple asked what we were riding. As it turns out, they both rode as well! Another awesome conversation and some new acquaintances! This was all very new to me.

Of all the riding I’ve done, I have never seen more women involved in biking both alone and as couples than recently. It’s about time. We had a perfect day of biking and experienced the best of biking that few ever experience. My friend, Wendy, had the time of her life and commented how wonderfully nice the people she’s encountered while riding with me have been. While she is not confident enough to ride, she never misses the opportunity to join me on a ride - even if it’s to set up some chairs or hammocks and boil up a fresh pot of Tarrazu coffee by a lake - or a trip amongst the cattle and farmlands.

We ride at work when we can because we enjoy the experience. But that experience extends so far beyond the joy of the machine itself. Bikers know this but aren’t always good about sharing it with others. Sharing the ride with others and making new friends along the way is what biking is all about. The fact that women are stepping up and joining in only makes an already amazing experience even better. I’m learning many of them have found their husbands this way. I think biking is changing in healthy ways that will make it better, more rewarding, and exciting. I personally like the change. It adds another welcome dimension to the experience.

Are you seeing the same in your adventures?
twowheeladdict likes this.

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?

Last edited by Shibumik; 08-08-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Meet this guys who were running the filling station in Cambodia. It was a family business and one of them was a ERN owner. Talked a lot on bikes and said farewell and fuel top up was free.

Biking changes they way you see people and the way people see you.
twowheeladdict and Shibumik like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I was out on the Himalayan exploring the backroads and decided to pick up a streakburger to go at a sit down steak house. While waiting a very bubbly lady plops down beside me and asks if that is my Royal Enfield parked out front. I think she was hoping I was going to be a foreigner touring America. LOL!

She handed me a card with her contact information and told me that she was a distance rider who had over 300,000 miles on her K-bike. Asked me to call her sometime to go for a ride.

I mostly see ladies on Harleys because I mostly see Harleys out riding. They are generally riding with a guy on his bike. Leading or following.

I did see a solo female rider one time with an interesting vanity license plate with the name of some greek poet. Sappho from the Island of Lesbos, but she had it spelled Sapphic to fit on the plate.
Shibumik likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
In the Far East, bikes are a way of life. Itís their transportation. Not quite the same here. In a few years I want to do a trip there to experience it first-hand. Iím jealous!

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I was out on the Himalayan exploring the backroads and decided to pick up a streakburger to go at a sit down steak house. While waiting a very bubbly lady plops down beside me and asks if that is my Royal Enfield parked out front. I think she was hoping I was going to be a foreigner touring America. LOL!

She handed me a card with her contact information and told me that she was a distance rider who had over 300,000 miles on her K-bike. Asked me to call her sometime to go for a ride.

I mostly see ladies on Harleys because I mostly see Harleys out riding. They are generally riding with a guy on his bike. Leading or following.

I did see a solo female rider one time with an interesting vanity license plate with the name of some greek poet. Sappho from the Island of Lesbos, but she had it spelled Sapphic to fit on the plate.
So, did you call her? There were 10 Canadians we met. The ladies were all riding on their own bikes.

I want to try a Himalayan some day. Saw oodles of them in India on a project. Look fun - getting back to basics. Dig the idea.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumik View Post
Quote:

She handed me a card with her contact information and told me that she was a distance rider who had over 300,000 miles on her K-bike. Asked me to call her sometime to go for a ride. <a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:-)</a>

So, did you call her? There were 10 Canadians we met. The ladies were all riding on their own bikes.

I want to try a Himalayan some day. Saw oodles of them in India on a project. Look fun - getting back to basics. Dig the idea.
I asked my wife and she didn't think it was a good idea.

The Himalayan keeps me from getting in trouble off road. A KTM would make me feel like I can go faster than I should. I look at it as a gentleman's adventure bike, while the KTM is a hooligan bike.
Shibumik likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
NICE report Kevin!
Shibumik likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Dear Karunakaran,
You viewed the Communication paper "Emerging Conceptual Of Brotherhood Perceptive Through Superbike Riding: A Grounded Theory" in April 2014. The name "K. Ganapathy" is mentioned by a Communication researcher in a paper uploaded to Academia.

This was in my email sometime back and maybe some of the article i wrote on biking and the impact it has on a group of people got into the Academia where they publish white papers.

So you guys meeting some rides be it Femala or Male has some impact on human life.
Shibumik likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I asked my wife and she didn't think it was a good idea.

The Himalayan keeps me from getting in trouble off road. A KTM would make me feel like I can go faster than I should. I look at it as a gentleman's adventure bike, while the KTM is a hooligan bike.
Women are funny that way. It almost seems like they don’t trust us! Hurts. Just hurts.
twowheeladdict likes this.

Last edited by Shibumik; 08-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode