How I saved $250,000 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
How I saved $250,000

Sometimes you learn that certain things just aren't possible with your particular genetics. That thing that makes you well suited for a particular task may very well be the same trait that completely debilitates you with another.

Today, I replaced my low beam headlamp bulb. I had a couple of minor challenges to overcome. Directly, the adapter for the led wasn't engineered to properly accept the wire retainer, but I overcame that obstacle with the judicious use of a pry bar and a screwdriver (remember kids, 8 hours from bottle to throttle!).

One of the adapters from the set is floating around in my headlamp assembly... I'm going to have to fish it out when I fix my high beam adjusters.

But, I digress...

So, I'm a fairly upper-medium sized person. 5'10, 325 lbs that most people mistake for 240 lbs. I like picking up heavy things, and I guess it shows. This helps when I'm doing things like changing tires or, you know... transmissions or whatever. You know what it doesn't help with?

Reaching through small spaces to replace parts you don't want to have broken when you finish. I got it done. And, thanks to the neighbor's little kids being a mere open window away from me, I managed it without the typically requisite loud swearing that seems to go along with most of my supposedly simple repairs.

Trade secret: dealership shops are in the back to help provide a space cushion between customers and technicians for this reason (partly).

So, back to how I saved a quarter million bucks...

It has always (never) been my dream to be a medical doctor. And, given the amount of crap I'm accustomed to dealing with in everyday life, specializing in a particular area seems the most obvious choice. But, with hands the size of mine, proctology doesn't appear to be a good fit for my genetics.

So I guess I'll skip the whole medical school thing.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
...But, with hands the size of mine, proctology doesn't appear to be a good fit for my genetics.

So I guess I'll skip the whole medical school thing.
Wouldn't your BIG hands be an ASSet while practising proctology...?

52Degrees likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in