Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Rain, rain... Go away.

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  52Degrees 
#1 ·
Played hookie from work yesterday. Just didnt feel well enough to ride to work in a storm only to drive a milk carton to the bay into a worse storm.

I'm overdue for chain maintenance, but it looks like it's about to rain more. It was 85° here on this day last year.

#5 ·
Arrived in Maine last Friday and found the high temp was 42 F, with rain and wind and snow still piled in the shadows. Last evening we thought we saw Noah's ark glide by on the lake. It's been raining long enough that it's entirely possible it was the ark. :grin2:

#7 · (Edited)
We were able to get 250 miles in on Saturday heading north. Thought we would head south on Sunday for something different. Bad idea! As we were heading down rt7 Ohio, we were met with a cloud burst and heavy showers. We pulled over and used a church porch to get into our rain suits.
After a few minutes, we jumped back on the V and headed north. We must have ridden into the worst part of the downpour.
The Versys got her baptism!

Shot from Amish country on Saturday. (fellow pulled in right behind us with a horse and buggy)

#8 ·
Crazy spring this year. Rain and cold, dodge the weather to get a ride in. I've never had the furnace on in June before and in a normal year it's off by May at the latest.

We complain about the cold and wet, can't plant the garden, not getting the rides in, the kids were cold at the amusement park. But imagine what the farmers here are facing- fields too wet to work, season getting shorter daily, hoping to make the break-even point and make the payments.

We are fortunate that farmers are willing to take the risk. If you like eating be grateful. And if the weather in your area is good, take a ride and have some fun.

#12 ·
I agree. The rain in the Dallas area has been on and off all the time lately. Normally its completely done raining by mid June and the summer heat starts in. Right now we are getting the wet and the heat mixed together so its "muggy" most days. I don't ride in the rain yet and don't plan to start anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.