Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2019 Versys 1000 SE LT

25K views 83 replies 30 participants last post by  onewizard 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
Actually, it does come with cruise. It was buried at the bottom of specs. Still way too expensive!

Electronic Rider Aids
Kawasaki Electronic Control Suspension (KECS), Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF), Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) (dual direction), Cruise Control, LED Corning Lights

#7 ·
I second that!

I was hoping for an off road 650 or 1000 to rival the Africa Twin or GS...kind of disappointing in that regard. :frown2:

Reactions: 242826
#8 ·
That Versys 1k SE LT+ is basically the closest thing a Japanese manufacturer has made to a Multistrada or S1000XR. Just has 40 less hp than the Multi 1260 and 60 less hp than the XR. It is also significantly cheaper than both. It is however 5 grand more expensive than a Tracer 900GT, but you're getting a lot more bike for that money (IMU, cornering ABS, electronic suspension, bigger load capacity, bigger side cases, bi-directional quickshifter).

I also wonder if a less tricked out version of this new V1k is coming, such as one without the electronic suspension for a few grand less.

#9 ·
I really like the looks and the features but that price... ouch. If I was buying I think I would take a serious look at the Tracer 900 GT but I like the looks of this Versys so much better. Would love an upspec 650 too, actually I would just like a standard LT with a centerstand.

#10 ·
So there might be a power bump too, apparently the engine is all new. Though the 1000rpm redline makes me think it probably hasn't gained too much power. I wonder if the V650 is to be revamped either this year or next year, as there was no EICMA reveal I suspect next year. I also wonder if the V650 is going to get a bigger motor and pick up some tech as it looks like Kawi wants to go tech heavy with the Versys line. A V650 replacement with around 75-80hp, cruise control, heated grips and centerstand would be great if it isn't too expensive.

#19 · (Edited)
If you haven't anything Good to Say******-----

As a mod, when I see someone go above and beyond to help others, I take note, in fact many times I stick the thread so valuable information doesn't get lost. Since there has been a discussion on the forum related to a new flash available for the 650 ABS 2015 &2016, I assume by now that everyone has come across those threads. Something like the Thermo-Bob, many discuss the pros and cons, at some point people start reacting and I am a happy Thermo Bob owner since 2009. So the merrets of the flash has reached a point were people are getting it done, if you have a question , no problem, however I did look up pedant and It's a negative term that implies someone is showing off book learning or trivia, especially in a tiresome way. , if that happened to me, the person would be getting a PM from me. I assume the poster misunderstood the meaning, and will stop there.
Just in case I am mistaken in the above sentence, consider this a warning.

Reactions: zirconx
#21 ·
Rev Limit / Who Knows

Well lots of general information out there , bike reviews say 10,000 RPM, the owners manual says to not operate in the red zone, whatever that is. One thing I know for sure is this is a set value in the ECU, you want a limit of 10,000 RPM, good luck in doing that inputting that number, it is a value requiring processing within the ECU. Knowing that Steve is working on a V1000, and is able to read values inputted by Kawasaki, 9500 RPM would be a safe value. All data by Kawasaki refers to maximum horsepower at 9000 RPM. My point is, hooking up a V1000 ECU and reading the max RPM setting then stating it on a forum seems as accurate as you are going to get.

#22 ·
So, it sucks getting called out. Lol.

Steve, I had no idea you were into the programming end of things. Please accept my sincere apology.

I guess I need to go back and look at what you're up to, because it sounds pretty interesting.

Wizard, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will do my best to make sure I don't stick my foot in my mouth again.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

#24 · (Edited)
Funny last night i brought it up to the "Boss" that they are bringing out a new V-1000 with electronic suspension and all kind of other goodies but it was 5 grand more. She smiled and said you can sell your old one and get it...I was stunned for a moment and said nope if I'm going to pay that much more the bike i get will have a shaft drive.......So maybe i should start shopping around....:grin2::grin2::grin2:

#27 ·
Traitor >:):wink2:

What bikes are you gonna look at?

#29 · (Edited)
I like them bit i hate that the engine sticks out so far....

#26 ·
The "cornering" lights are a nice improvement and it looks like all stock lights are LED? About time! They must be following the forum.Maybe the twin low-beams are better,always a hot topic.For me personally,I like the efficient grunt of a twin over a four cylinder powerplant but with that 1000 engine theres lots of everything Im sure.This is an interesting up -date in the evolution of the V1K.

#32 ·
I look at the V1000 SE as a less expensive Multistrada or S1000XR, both those bikes are still chain drive and a LOT more expensive for about the same tech level. The main thing your getting on those two is 40 more hp on the Ducati and 60 more hp on the Bimmer. The V1k's 120hp is plenty for road riding, and will be rock solid reliable, something neither the Multi nor the S1000XR is known for.

I've also learned that a less expensive version of this new V1000 that doesn't have the electronic suspension is coming, it will still have cruise control as standard but won't have the electronic suspension or cornering lights, I would expect the IMU and cornering ABS to remain. According to Kawasaki, the SE version hits the US market in mid-february, unknown on the non-SE version but I would expect it not long after. No pricing announced on the non-SE yet, but it was on display at EICMA and apparently comes in metallic Orange/black, the SE comes in metallic Green/Black and the SE LT+ comes in matte white/black.

#37 ·
Yeah, while the 1000 new features sound great, the price is not so great. I guess the more you start to copy the tech of your higher priced competition, the more your price matches theirs. The downside is that they're no longer going to get a break for being down on power or anything else versus the other $20,000 bikes. If you match them on price you have to match them in other ways as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.