2019 Versys 1000 SE LT - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumik View Post
It will be interesting to see what their 'stripped down" version keeps and let's go! I would like to see new lights, TFT and the electronics like cruise control! Oh yes - new colors and perhaps a gas gauge that works before the first half tank is gone too.

I really love my bike. No bike is perfect, but mine is close to perfect for me.
-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:39 PM

Garage
SW Moto Bars on a 2019 SE

Not sure if it was this forum or another I am on. some one was asking if the SW MOTO crash bars from a 15 thru 18 Versys will fit the 2019 new bike. Well no they won't. Mounting points are the same but the Faring and cornering light panels of the 19 get in the way of the bars. Guess I will have to sell them to my son-in-law. He has a 15 model. Also the Givi Tank lock ring from the earlier models will not fit. Different tank filler setup.

Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086,
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
19 V1000LTSE (Flying Nun)
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:06 PM

So have finally thrown a leg over one, feels lighter and better balanced than the previous V1k, seems like they were able to lower the CG a bit. The fit and finish on it is incredible, as good as any European bike and noticeably better than the previous V. The sheer amount of tech on it is untouchable at this price point by anything else currently. It does look like at least for this year the US only gets the SE LT, and we only get the matte white/black and not the metallic green. Should hopefully be able to ride one in the next month or two.

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:47 PM

I had forgotten everything all about the SE. went to my dealer today and there it was. Much more of a presence with that wide front fairing. Comes across more as a touring bike than the previous model. Strangely the wheelbase looked shorter but that could have been an optical illusion because of the new front fairing larger size. I think the flat black really cheapens the look of such an expensive bike, looks too plasticy to me. Also not fond of the header pipes, they could look nicer.

Last edited by Turk; 05-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode