2019 Versys 1000 SE LT - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumik View Post
It will be interesting to see what their 'stripped down" version keeps and let's go! I would like to see new lights, TFT and the electronics like cruise control! Oh yes - new colors and perhaps a gas gauge that works before the first half tank is gone too.

I really love my bike. No bike is perfect, but mine is close to perfect for me.
-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:39 PM

Garage
SW Moto Bars on a 2019 SE

Not sure if it was this forum or another I am on. some one was asking if the SW MOTO crash bars from a 15 thru 18 Versys will fit the 2019 new bike. Well no they won't. Mounting points are the same but the Faring and cornering light panels of the 19 get in the way of the bars. Guess I will have to sell them to my son-in-law. He has a 15 model. Also the Givi Tank lock ring from the earlier models will not fit. Different tank filler setup.

Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086,
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
19 V1000LTSE (Flying Nun)
post #63 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:06 PM

So have finally thrown a leg over one, feels lighter and better balanced than the previous V1k, seems like they were able to lower the CG a bit. The fit and finish on it is incredible, as good as any European bike and noticeably better than the previous V. The sheer amount of tech on it is untouchable at this price point by anything else currently. It does look like at least for this year the US only gets the SE LT, and we only get the matte white/black and not the metallic green. Should hopefully be able to ride one in the next month or two.

post #64 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:47 PM

I had forgotten everything all about the SE. went to my dealer today and there it was. Much more of a presence with that wide front fairing. Comes across more as a touring bike than the previous model. Strangely the wheelbase looked shorter but that could have been an optical illusion because of the new front fairing larger size. I think the flat black really cheapens the look of such an expensive bike, looks too plasticy to me. Also not fond of the header pipes, they could look nicer.

Last edited by Turk; 05-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.
post #65 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:17 PM

Here's Revzilla's take on the new Versys 1000:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined
post #66 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:08 PM

Saw my first one in the wild today. Ironically I happened to be in Bologna, Italy on my way back from the Ducati factory tour.

post #67 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:27 PM

Garage
Hi all

We just picked up the 19 SE+. We're coming off an aprilia Capo 1200 TP.
We ride 2up basically all the time. This is also our first inline 4. She feels very smooth after all the v-twins we've owned.

We were able to do a short 250 miler for our maiden test run on Sunday. We looked to be getting near 50mpg average (according to Rideology).
I thought the Versys suspension felt pretty balanced compared to our Capo, which also had semi-active suspension. If it would ever stop raining, we'll get to play with the settings a bit more.

I think we'll be enjoying our time getting used to the bike.
MPG is excellent.
The pillion area seems to be comfortable...per my better half.
The ergo's are good.
The controls are better thought out than I'm used to.
I may throw on a slip-on, but for now I'll keep her quiet.

richy
chid, Turk, Buffalo_Bob and 2 others like this.
post #68 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Garage
Second test.

Filled up to just below the filler hole. Ended up with around 225 miles total.
The dash displayed the flashing bar indicator at around 200 miles, so I figured I'd better stop and see how much she would take. We ended up with a couple miles more at 202 before finding a gas station. It required 3.8 gallons to fill up to just below the filler hole again.
The capacity of the Versys tank is 5.5? If so, we still had around 1.8 gals in reserve. The dash showed an average around 50mpg (last time I checked)... Calculating 202 / 3.8, it comes out as 53mpg-ish.
I'm thinking a safe, conservative 45mpg for the last 1.8 would get us another 80-ish miles to near dry.
I'll take 250-275 miles per tank any day.

richy

I could be wrong somewhere also...wouldn't be the first time. But the numbers are good. I'll check again for fuel capacity. I've seen two different figures.
olie and Shibumik like this.
post #69 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Here's Revzilla's take on the new Versys 1000:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined
Thanks for the mention. I've since put more than 4,000 miles on that bike and I have a little more to say about it. Plus we'll have more content coming about the new Versys at RevZilla.
52Degrees likes this.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #70 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:08 PM

Garage
I didn't know the new V1 has a helmet lock. I wonder if mine does. Haha.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #71 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:40 PM

I had a chance today to test ride a V1000 LT SE+ 2019.

I don't like the color scheme, the black is almost mat, but looks dirty?!? and it gets HOT in the sun.
It's visibly bigger than the 650, especially the front with the big fairings, the cornering light...
The seat is longer, and the passenger seat seems a lot bigger than the 650.

Interesting instrument cluster, the screen is bright and nice, with a lot of info.
There are 2 places where the N shows up, on the rpm dial on top and on the screen, where the gear is displayed. It had a strange behavior at one point, I was looking for the N, but I couldn't find it, and the gear was not showing anything
Gear change feels great, slipper clutch, quick shift both up and down, clutch-less. I find it a little difficult to find the N. Going down toward 1st, once you are already in 1st, there is an elastic feel on the pedal, so you know you are on 1st. Interesting.

It feels heavier than the 650 to pick it up from the kick stand (doh..)
But once it gets moving, the weight difference felt is minimal.

Good ergonomic position, it feels bigger and higher than the 650.
The seat I had the impression that is harder, but I was surprised for 30 min of riding was comfortable. It is slopped upwards in front and I didn't feel the forward slide.

The buttons felt... cheap.... the click that they make when you push them, the turn signal lever is small and feels flimsy. The horn is a joke (I do have the Denali Airhorn on mine )
Mirrors were ok, but they could be bigger, I didn't notice any vibration on highway.

The handle bars grips are small, even with the heating that comes standard.
Clutch action was very smooth and easy, but I would change the levers to short ones pretty fast.

The windshield was in the lowest position and I didn't expect the highway run, so I had to lower my head, the wind was pretty strong. I'm curious how the ride would be with the windshield in a higher position.

That's about it....

oh, and the ride: effortless power, very smooth delivery, from low rpm. I had to hold tight on the handlebar, it accelerates FAST!
of course I was looking for the 7th on the highway..... at 115km/h it was at 4krpm, better than the 650.
I like that even at low rpm <2000, it moves and it doesn't ask for a downshift.
I felt a small vibration on the handlebars, but the engine is soooooo smooth.

I like it... a lot.... for touring. Not sure I would like it more than the 650 in town.
And for sure, not at 18k :O:O

But... who knows... one day....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V1000 LT SE+.jpg (44.9 KB, 15 views)

Versys 2015 Green
post #72 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Garage
We just purchased our V1 a few weeks ago...and with our 402 mile ride yesterday, we turned over 1300 two-up miles on the ODO. My only gripe is that the driver area of the seat might need leveling out. I think I was slowly sliding forward all day, which starts to get a bit irritating in spots. Well...I should mention that we were on the bike for around 8 hours, not counting stops for lunch and fuel. My wife had no complaints with the pillion area.
The V is easily more quiet than our aprilia Caponord, and seems to wear us out a bit less in the long run. I'm running the screen in the lowest setting now. It stopped the buffeting, but you can still hear the low frequency vibes. (hey, we're on a motorcycle!) But after the ride was complete, we weren't as worn out as we used be.
The cable clutch FEELS like a hydro unit for sure. It's very smooth and light. Shifting is a little funky with the QS and linkage. It feels mushy, but shifts were still accurate and crisp. The rear brake MAY need bleeding...I'll have to bed the pads in a bit more though.
I switched between the ROAD and SPORT modes enroute and noticed a bit of get up and go on SPORT. I'll be checking that out a bit more now with some miles under our belts.
Fuel-wise...we tended to see the low-fuel light flash around the 110 mile mark. We would stop and top off the tank in around 1.5-1.8 gal still available. With the 50-ish mpg we were seeing, we probably had another 50 miles safely available. If pushed, I'm thinking 275 miles on the tankful might not be out of the question.
I never thought about it on other bikes, but the V takes a gallon of oil!!! Oil changes look to be quick and clean.
We're already looking forward to putting more miles on! *If the rain would stay away for a change.
I've never had a bike so easy to put on the center stand.. Just makes me wonder about the balance on the stand when it comes time for a front tire replacement.
So far we're loving the bike. The satin black and white looks good and is easily cleaned up with warm water and, in our case, bug carcass removing juice.. It's cicada time here in northern WV, so there's going to be a lot of large bugs smashing into the complex array of fairing panels. Too many crevasses to get into!

richy
olie likes this.
post #73 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:43 PM

Garage
With all the options out there I just can't see myself spending that kind of money for a touring bike with a chain to maintain. Otherwise, nice job Kawasaki.

My Versys Travels:

post #74 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:03 AM

Garage
A shaftie would have been nice, but the low maintenance and care of a quality chain doesn't bother me either. Our Guzzi has a shaft, but still requires a tiny bit of upkeep. A cleaning around the venting tube and maybe a trans and gearbox fluid change at some point and you're good. *unless you get a seal somewhere that develops a weep. Then I'll take that chain!!!!

olie likes this.
post #75 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 PM

How's the suspension on the V1? Is it compliant on bumpy (street) roads? I really enjoy my 650 Versys but man the impulses from some of the nasty roads around here feel like a kidney punch, over and over again. Upgrading to the V1 is rattling around my brain but really want it to be a lot more comfortable than the 650 to justify the cost.
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Nice but too big for me and expensive.
post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloFrom2012Versys650 View Post
How's the suspension on the V1? Is it compliant on bumpy (street) roads? I really enjoy my 650 Versys but man the impulses from some of the nasty roads around here feel like a kidney punch, over and over again. Upgrading to the V1 is rattling around my brain but really want it to be a lot more comfortable than the 650 to justify the cost.
I upgraded my shock w/ a Yamaha R1 shock, and properly "set my sag". Total co$t...? Around $250US. So I have basically ridden MOST of my 165,000 V650 miles on an R1 shock, and I do NOT get any kidney punches.

A fellow on here had an OHLINS shock FOR SALE at about $250US, awhile back - HELLUVA deal!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:54 PM

More opinions on the Versys 1000 SE LT+ after a little more than a month and more than 5,000 miles:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ad-to-revzilla

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
More opinions on the Versys 1000 SE LT+ after a little more than a month and more than 5,000 miles:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ad-to-revzilla

The only thing i found disturbing about the article was that you went to Kansas City and ate at a vegetarian restaurant.
Fly-Sig and olie like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

GREAT write-up!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in