2019 Versys 1000 SE LT - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Rev Limit / Who Knows

Well lots of general information out there , bike reviews say 10,000 RPM, the owners manual says to not operate in the red zone, whatever that is. One thing I know for sure is this is a set value in the ECU, you want a limit of 10,000 RPM, good luck in doing that inputting that number, it is a value requiring processing within the ECU. Knowing that Steve is working on a V1000, and is able to read values inputted by Kawasaki, 9500 RPM would be a safe value. All data by Kawasaki refers to maximum horsepower at 9000 RPM. My point is, hooking up a V1000 ECU and reading the max RPM setting then stating it on a forum seems as accurate as you are going to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:08 AM

Garage
So, it sucks getting called out. Lol.

Steve, I had no idea you were into the programming end of things. Please accept my sincere apology.

I guess I need to go back and look at what you're up to, because it sounds pretty interesting.

Wizard, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will do my best to make sure I don't stick my foot in my mouth again.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
SouthernCruizer likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:47 AM

don't sweat it.

I may post up a couple dyno runs later today.

Steve
52Degrees likes this.

post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Garage
Funny last night i brought it up to the "Boss" that they are bringing out a new V-1000 with electronic suspension and all kind of other goodies but it was 5 grand more. She smiled and said you can sell your old one and get it...I was stunned for a moment and said nope if I'm going to pay that much more the bike i get will have a shaft drive.......So maybe i should start shopping around....
StormRider, Grumpy and 52Degrees like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-07-2018 at 12:33 PM.
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:41 PM

Garage
I've heard the new GS-A comes in some nice colors for 2019, and with some very unamused farkles.

weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:58 PM

The "cornering" lights are a nice improvement and it looks like all stock lights are LED? About time! They must be following the forum.Maybe the twin low-beams are better,always a hot topic.For me personally,I like the efficient grunt of a twin over a four cylinder powerplant but with that 1000 engine theres lots of everything Im sure.This is an interesting up -date in the evolution of the V1K.
post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Funny last night i brought it up to the "Boss" that they are bringing out a new V-1000 with electronic suspension and all kind of other goodies but it was 5 grand more. She smiled and said you can sell your old one and get it...I was stunned for a moment and said nope if I'm going to pay that much more the bike i get will have a shaft drive.......So maybe i should start shopping around....
Traitor

What bikes are you gonna look at?

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Barkbuster hand guards, Hepko & Becker crash bars, Oxford Heated sports grips, Motowerk lowering Kit with Kickstand insert, Shad SH45 Top Case and Brake Light, Shad Versys Top Mount Kit, Superlite 43T Rear Sprocket, National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen.

Roaming the country around Columbus in ever wider circles.
post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
Traitor

What bikes are you gonna look at?
The one bike i would most be interested in would be the Triumph 1200 Explorer....But my V-1000 is still doing it for me. So I'll think I'll be hanging onto it for a few more years. Just put the Terry Adcock Flat Seat on it and that put the final touches on the bike so no need to get rid of it now that i have it just the way i want it.........Just nice to know if i wanted a new bike that there would be no haggling to get one. My girl doesn't mind me getting a new bike as long as i get rid of the old one.....She has no concept of having more than one bike...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I've heard the new GS-A comes in some nice colors for 2019, and with some very unamused farkles.

I like them bit i hate that the engine sticks out so far....
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-07-2018 at 05:26 PM.
post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The one bike i would most be interested in would be the Triumph 1200 Explorer....But my V-1000 is still doing it for me. So I'll think I'll be hanging onto it for a few more years. Just put the Terry Adcock Flat Seat on it and that put the final touches on the bike so no need to get rid of it now that i have it just the way i want it.........Just nice to know if i wanted a new bike that there would be no haggling to get one. My girl doesn't mind me getting a new bike as long as i get rid of the old one.....She has no concept of having more than one bike...
Cool man, the Triumphs are pretty nice... Yeah, when the lady gives the ok it's a good feeling. Don't think mine would let me have two any time soon. If she did I'd go for a Ducati Scrambler just for a change of pace (assuming at this hypothetical date I can afford one).
52Degrees likes this.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Barkbuster hand guards, Hepko & Becker crash bars, Oxford Heated sports grips, Motowerk lowering Kit with Kickstand insert, Shad SH45 Top Case and Brake Light, Shad Versys Top Mount Kit, Superlite 43T Rear Sprocket, National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen.

Roaming the country around Columbus in ever wider circles.
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

After watching a neighbor "do" the desmo-valves in his Ducati a few years back - I'll get one WHEN I win a lottery so I can pay a mechanic to "do" them...!

StormRider and 52Degrees like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 11:14 PM

I look at the V1000 SE as a less expensive Multistrada or S1000XR, both those bikes are still chain drive and a LOT more expensive for about the same tech level. The main thing your getting on those two is 40 more hp on the Ducati and 60 more hp on the Bimmer. The V1k's 120hp is plenty for road riding, and will be rock solid reliable, something neither the Multi nor the S1000XR is known for.

I've also learned that a less expensive version of this new V1000 that doesn't have the electronic suspension is coming, it will still have cruise control as standard but won't have the electronic suspension or cornering lights, I would expect the IMU and cornering ABS to remain. According to Kawasaki, the SE version hits the US market in mid-february, unknown on the non-SE version but I would expect it not long after. No pricing announced on the non-SE yet, but it was on display at EICMA and apparently comes in metallic Orange/black, the SE comes in metallic Green/Black and the SE LT+ comes in matte white/black.
StormRider likes this.
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:10 AM

on the Canadian website, the 2019 Versys 1000 ABS LTE SE is 19,799 :O:O
The Versys 1000 ABS LTE is 16,599 CAD

The Versys 650 is 10,299.

Multistrada starts at 21,195 CAD

Versys 2015 Green

Last edited by chid; 11-10-2018 at 08:13 AM.
post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 09:48 AM

post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Garage
I want one.

StormRider likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:39 PM

Garage
StormRider likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 07:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
on the Canadian website, the 2019 Versys 1000 ABS LTE SE is 19,799 :O:O
The Versys 1000 ABS LTE is 16,599 CAD

The Versys 650 is 10,299.

Multistrada starts at 21,195 CAD
Yeah, while the 1000 new features sound great, the price is not so great. I guess the more you start to copy the tech of your higher priced competition, the more your price matches theirs. The downside is that they're no longer going to get a break for being down on power or anything else versus the other $20,000 bikes. If you match them on price you have to match them in other ways as well.

--------------------------------
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Barkbuster Storm Guards
SW Motech Riser Block
Givi D405ST Windscreen
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 08:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididar View Post
Yeah, while the 1000 new features sound great, the price is not so great. I guess the more you start to copy the tech of your higher priced competition, the more your price matches theirs. The downside is that they're no longer going to get a break for being down on power or anything else versus the other $20,000 bikes. If you match them on price you have to match them in other ways as well.
Don't forget to compare them regarding build quality, reliability, ease of maintenance, maintenance intervals, warranty, and extended warranties.

I had a chaffed wire under the tank blow the main fuse while on a road trip with my Voyager 1700. I got it repaired at a Honda dealer which was the only dealer within 80 miles and submitted the receipt to Kawasaki and they reimbursed me. How many other manufacturers out there that will let you extend your unlimited mileage extended warranty up to 9 years for a very reasonable cost?

My Versys Travels:

post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Don't forget to compare them regarding build quality, reliability, ease of maintenance, maintenance intervals, warranty, and extended warranties.

I had a chaffed wire under the tank blow the main fuse while on a road trip with my Voyager 1700. I got it repaired at a Honda dealer which was the only dealer within 80 miles and submitted the receipt to Kawasaki and they reimbursed me. How many other manufacturers out there that will let you extend your unlimited mileage extended warranty up to 9 years for a very reasonable cost?
Yep. It all factors in. But, that much cash pushes it out my range. The Versys always gets the "great value for the price" comment in a lot of reviews. Pushing the price higher is going to change how it gets treated in reviews.
jaaklucas likes this.

--------------------------------
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Barkbuster Storm Guards
SW Motech Riser Block
Givi D405ST Windscreen
post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididar View Post
Yep. It all factors in. But, that much cash pushes it out my range. The Versys always gets the "great value for the price" comment in a lot of reviews. Pushing the price higher is going to change how it gets treated in reviews.
But the reviews never consider cost of ownership. When I test rode the KTM adventures I came away thinking that they would be great bikes to rent, but I would never want to own one. Obviously, the owners who traded them in came to the same conclusion.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode