V1000 / Regulator/ Assistance Needed - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By crosshairs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

V1000 / Regulator/ Assistance Needed

I have a 50 amp series regulator and need to establish if the OEM is shunt or series and also would like to have some measurements made, also location of mounting, any photos would be handy , also if someone is able to do some testing with a good digital meter. I am looking for volts ac at the connector from the stator while connected , both at idle and at 2000 RPM, also VDC at the battery for both RPM.

I am looking for someone in Central Ontario with a 2015 or newer V1000 , like I said I have a series Polaris 50 amp rated, already tested on my 650, however I would like to look into the V1000 now, more details in this thread:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...es-50-amp.html

Last edited by onewizard; 08-24-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

V1000 Regulator

Last try before I put everything away, I know it will fit on my 2015 650, $128 Canadian including tax. My local buddy isn't interested and not getting any response from the forum. I need someone willing to do a few simple tests with a meter and someone with a tape measure that can also take photos. I sold my 4012941 Polaris and am looking for using this for both the 650 and V1000, provided the V1000 is actually a shunt ( which is why I need a volunteer to take some measurements). I stuck my neck out and bought this even though I didn't need it ( some members seemed interested months ago), my plan is to install it in place of my CompuFire , as the technology / load rating / voltage drop / is superior to the CompuFire.

No response and I will let this thread fade away.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 01:27 PM

Garage
Im wiling to help, let me know of there is anything I can do from no where near Canada...

2016 green V1K

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Volts AC from stator / under load

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosshairs View Post
Im wiling to help, let me know of there is anything I can do from no where near Canada...
Since I don't have a intimate knowledge of the V1000, I will need to depend on you. Several ways of doing the VAC measurement, one is to use 2 straight pins or 2 needles and pierce the AC lines from the stator, staggering the 2 pins, so that they can't short out and for later taping them up. Another way is to slide the pins from the outside of the connector into the crimp, if you follow the wire there is a seal at the connector, you can easily slide a straight pin into this.
I am looking at the volts AC at idle and also at 2000 to 2500 RPM, also measure the volts DC at the battery for these 2 RPM. If the VAC exceed 28 VAC at the higher RPM , that indicates a Series regulator, no further testing need be done, however if it is less than 20 VAC, I then need the photos of the location, the dimensions similar to what I did here:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...es-50-amp.html

Last edited by onewizard; 08-24-2018 at 07:21 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 PM

Garage
I will bring my meter home tomorrow night and get the measurements
onewizard likes this.

2016 green V1K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode