Aftermarket seat for Shorties? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Aftermarket seat for Shorties?

I have a '16 Versys 1k and Ive already had the stock seat shaved down and reshaped to be better for me but Im thinking I will just need to bite the bullet and go for an aftermarket if I want to do longer trips. I have a 29" inseam and was wondering if anybody with similar measurements has found a good seat that sits lower than stock but is nice and plush for trips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm 5'7", 29" inseam, and commute 80 miles/day on a stock 2014 Versys 650. I've found the most effective modification to combat being "vertically challenged" is some "road hugging weight" - why, at 175 lbs, the seat height just melts away as soon as I swing a leg over it! :P
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandslow View Post
I'm 5'7", 29" inseam, and commute 80 miles/day on a stock 2014 Versys 650. I've found the most effective modification to combat being "vertically challenged" is some "road hugging weight" - why, at 175 lbs, the seat height just melts away as soon as I swing a leg over it! :P
haha well Im about 210 so I definitely dont have the issue of being too light! I mean I could reduce the preload but I definitely dont want to give up handling stability for being able to flat-foot at a stoplight.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I just recently sold a Seat Concepts Seat off my V-1000 and after getting back onto the stock seat i would say the SC is an inch lower.....

Stock Seat to Seat Concept Seat Kawasaki Versys 1000LT by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Hows the pillion support on that seat concepts? One thing I hate about the stock seat is how often my passenger slides into me under breaking. After I had it reformed, it helped immensely
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo615 View Post
Hows the pillion support on that seat concepts? One thing I hate about the stock seat is how often my passenger slides into me under breaking. After I had it reformed, it helped immensely
Same as stock ..But mine had the Gripper Material so no sliding...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode