Purchased A Throttle Lock Today :grin2: - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Purchased A Throttle Lock Today :grin2:

https://www.amazon.com/8M4991-Caterp...J45WHTMVNKZR89

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM

Garage
Haha...looks state of the art. I love when simple things can be repurposed for complex tasks.
weljo2001 likes this.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Barkbuster hand guards, Hepko & Becker crash bars, Oxford Heated sports grips, Motowerk lowering Kit with Kickstand insert, Shad SH45 Top Case and Brake Light, Shad Versys Top Mount Kit, Superlite 43T Rear Sprocket, National Cycle VStream Sport Touring Windscreen.

Roaming the country around Columbus in ever wider circles.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got back from lunch and looking at my grips the O-Ring i ordered might not work with the Koso Heated Grips i have....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 08:19 PM

as long as it doesn't impede you from rolling off the throttle in a pinch ....
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvous59 View Post
as long as it doesn't impede you from rolling off the throttle in a pinch ....

Not much room to put it with the Koso's...

P1010703 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020088 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Joe - at least you're not out too many $....
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - at least you're not out too many $....

Thats true. I'll put it on the boys GSXR-750....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:17 PM

Can't you slide the grip closer to the switch housing?
Looks like it would create a gap between grip and bar end to insert the o-ring...

Another option would be so shim the bar end with one (or two) washer(s) to create the needed gap.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 PM

i work on a lot of cat equipment, probably got 20 to 30 of those o-rings in my work truck
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 PM

10 for $5.62 best price I've found. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Aftermar...A0.H1.X8m.TRS1
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Best bang for the $$$$

For simplicity of mounting and function, you can't beat this , also I have the cramp buster, this is with Oxford heated grips. FYI I had the plastic version of Go Cruise, it decided to blow off on a very hot day, while parked, I took the peices into Twisted throttle and upgraded to the aluminum one, well worth the extra $20, as it is adjustable as to tension.

Stuck a plastic bottle between the brake, notice this is a simple move it forward while at speed then crank throttle forward to release.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Not much room to put it with the Koso's...

[r
Have a look at my Go Cruise aluminum lock, less than 1/2 inch required, uses the brake lever , move forward at throttle with thumb, roll forward on throttle to release.The area it travels on comes with the kit , something like a silicone wide rubber band. You need to take the bar weight off to get it on.

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/go-cru...-auminum-black
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 07-16-2018 at 10:47 AM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Have a look at my Go Cruise aluminum lock, less than 1/2 inch required, uses the brake lever , move forward at throttle with thumb, roll forward on throttle to release.The area it travels on comes with the kit , something like a silicone wide rubber band. You need to take the bar weight off to get it on.

Go Cruise 2 Throttle Device Universal, Aluminum | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca

I have one of the Original Go-Cruise sitting on my desk. Bought it for the 09 V.......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
...also I have the cramp buster,

After having TWO friends crash their bikes due to a "Cramp-Buster" problem, I recommend people to NOT use them!

First happened in Alaska (Suzuki Bandit 1200S) when my friend turned UP a steep driveway, which turned out to be the WRONG one. He tried to do a U-turn to the right and his hand caught the Cramp-Buster, jamming the throttle ON, and he went down w/ his 500# Suzuki pinning him. He was pinned for around 10 minutes before somebody saw it, and helped get the bike off him.

Second happened in AZ, my friend (relatively inexperienced on dirt) leading on his '09 Versys riding down a dirt road a "BIT" fast, when he got into the soft stuff on the left shoulder. His bike started into a "tank-slapper", he couldn't get the heel of his right-hand off the Cramp-Buster so the throttle was pinned WFO. He hit a large rock and flew over the handlebars, landing on his back. I ran over to help him (NOT seriously hurt!), checked his bike (broken engine-case), then he rode out pillion w/ me about 14 miles to where we could get cell reception to call a tow-truck.

FIRST thing he did after we got his bike up, was remove that Cramp-Buster and THROW it as far he could, into the desert!
Skypilot 69 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got my Yellow O-Ring in today will test it out tomorrow......
Groanup likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Got my Yellow O-Ring in today will test it out tomorrow......

Hurry up , cause if it works I want to order one and get it by the weekend...
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 green V1K
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
After having TWO friends crash their bikes due to a "Cramp-Buster" problem, I recommend people to NOT use them!

First happened in Alaska (Suzuki Bandit 1200S) when my friend turned UP a steep driveway, which turned out to be the WRONG one. He tried to do a U-turn to the right and his hand caught the Cramp-Buster, jamming the throttle ON, and he went down w/ his 500# Suzuki pinning him. He was pinned for around 10 minutes before somebody saw it, and helped get the bike off him.

Second happened in AZ, my friend (relatively inexperienced on dirt) leading on his '09 Versys riding down a dirt road a "BIT" fast, when he got into the soft stuff on the left shoulder. His bike started into a "tank-slapper", he couldn't get the heel of his right-hand off the Cramp-Buster so the throttle was pinned WFO. He hit a large rock and flew over the handlebars, landing on his back. I ran over to help him (NOT seriously hurt!), checked his bike (broken engine-case), then he rode out pillion w/ me about 14 miles to where we could get cell reception to call a tow-truck.

FIRST thing he did after we got his bike up, was remove that Cramp-Buster and THROW it as far he could, into the desert!
If you notice the angle it is at, I typically rotate it forward, completely around, once in the city, what you see in the picture is too low for any help.On the highway I rotate up once into a long stretch of highway If I was on dirt it wouldn't be on the bike, since I don't do dirt, don't have knobies and I sold my DRZ400S for the very reason that I was getting too old driving the rutted 4X4 tracks in my area , as I got pinned twice in 1 year, one was due to someone putting plywood under a 4X4 to get it out ( on a curve), leaving it in place covered by mud. Too many highway paved road miles causing cupping on the tires.I bought a 07 now a 15 Versys.

I will keep that in mind though, maybe one day I will remove it.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:25 PM

I will take the fall as the dumb, old guy. How do you turn that ring in to a throttle lock??
Thanks, Chuck

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
I will take the fall as the dumb, old guy. How do you turn that ring in to a throttle lock??
Thanks, Chuck

Image 7-13-18 at 11.54 AM by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode