• 2 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 2 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By Hankster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Useless Kawasaki Horn

Driving to work today, stick behind a couple of cars which are stuck behind a tractor. I pull out to overtake both cars and the tractor. Indicators on and both cars pull out almost in to me as im either in their blind spot and or they just haven't seen me. Anyhow time to us the horn......... what a useless piece of Japanese shyte. as useful as a chocolate teapot total waste of time . I could hardly hear the horn let alone anyone else, so time to change.
Anyone changed the horn!
Almost tempted to put an air horn on for the once or twice a year i'd use them!
regards
The Pike Man.

Last edited by Fishforpike; 07-12-2018 at 05:38 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:59 AM

I swapped the OEM horn on my Gen3 650 for a Denali Mini Soundbomb. It's not going to shock a brain-dead cager like an air horn, but it's plug and play, and much louder and car-like than the whiney-little-bitch stocker.
onewizard and Fishforpike like this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I swapped the OEM horn on my Gen3 650 for a Denali Mini Soundbomb. It's not going to shock a brain-dead cager like an air horn, but it's plug and play, and much louder and car-like than the whiney-little-bitch stocker.
Yep, did the same thing but mine is on a Gen 1 650. Had to buy the coal powered version of the horn for a Gen 1 but it still works well, particularly when its set to the "drop your phone while texting and driving" mode .

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:55 AM

Garage
Doug Just Doug likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Denali Split Soundbalm Horn / 2015 650 ABS

Like all of the above, I kept saying the safety coarse taught avoidance, yes explain that when caught between a tractor trailer and a guy pulling a large boat with no extended mirrors , a guy on your ass behind you. Happened twice in one day, went straight to Twisted Throttle . It has saved my life countless times and prevented at least four accidents involving unsuspecting car drivers where I could see a collision about to occur , not involving me. I had at least 2 people thank me for the heads up ( car drivers ).

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...soundbomb.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ali+sound+bomb

I used a stainless 1 1/4 hanger strap for conduit and a piece of aluminum flat bar to move the compressor rearward, as the plastic interfered and so did the T Bob

I used a 1/2 stainless hanger strap cut in half to offset the horn due to proximity of the exhaust , hung off the original mounting bracket, I pulled the original wiring for the horn back to my relay for the compressor, if I want I can convert back to OEM POS

For those looking, the red and yellow are my capped vacuum lines and to the left is my Thermo Bob #4 for snow bikes .
Fishforpike likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 07-12-2018 at 10:33 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM

I used a Wolo Bad Boy air horn placed up under the left side fairing on my 15'. Fits well and works well. Pretty loud............just removed and stashed the OEM one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishforpike View Post
...Anyone changed the horn?
Almost tempted to put an air horn on for the once or twice a year i'd use them!
regards
The Pike Man.
MOST of us! See BELOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I used a Wolo Bad Boy air horn placed up under the left side fairing on my 15'. Fits well and works well. Pretty loud............just removed and stashed the OEM one.
X 3 for the WOLO Bad Boy horns. They sound like a Kenworth or Peterbilt tractor!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Yep, did the same thing but mine is on a Gen 1 650. Had to buy the coal powered version of the horn for a Gen 1 but it still works well, particularly when its set to the "drop your phone while texting and driving" mode .
Another Soundbomb buyer. Beats the *crap* out of the idiot OEM horn. WHY, oh WHY don't bike mfgrs upgrade their horns? this has been a problem since 1970 when I started riding!!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:03 AM

Thanks to all for mentioning the Denali Soundbomb. I just replaced my horn this weekend. Big improvement and a very easy modification. Anyone can do it and probably should do it.
Doug Just Doug likes this.

2016 Versys 650, Carbon Gray/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode