New to forum - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Devilsfan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New to forum

Want to say hello to all.

purchased a new 2017 1000 black on black yesterday, pick it up next week. can't wait, iv'e been on a klr 650 for a few yrs and thought it would be good to go up a bit on CC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

New to forum

Signing in from Georgetown Ontario.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Good choice in bikes. I'm enjoying my 2016 1000

P1020257 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada / Southern Ontario

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Welcome!

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Well tomorrow is the big day, Going to pick up my new bike. Can't wait to see how the 1000 performs
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Garage

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:12 AM

Garage
welcome from far away savannah ga. well you have had it a whole day now. what do you think?
civit
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

well i'm a little concerned about the power and the need to use it... love the bike so far, learning the power range in what gear to be in is a bit of a curve, but it's something i'll get used to. what i do find is the roll on and roll off is a bit clunky. i'll find the sweet spot anf work with that.

But all and all i'm in love with the bike and can't wait for a distance run with all my gear on board.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Well iv'e put on 3000k's so far on my bike, love the power. But this has to be one of the most uncomfortable bikes i have ever ridden.

the seat pushes my nuts into the tank, my right hand goes numb with in 10k, really looking to make changes so i can ride with out feeling that this bike was a bad choice.

seems that at 4000rpm is where the bike wants to run but that is also the spot that mostly buzzes the bars. i tried a set of risers and that did not help. looking to get the seat chopped a bit so it sets level as opposed to having an incline in it.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by ToSlow; 08-06-2018 at 09:34 PM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I say give it time. I've had a learning/comfort curve on my 2018. I did change the seat but like stated before, I have NEVER had a stock seat that I could ride for long distances on, except for my Volusia.

I think, for me at least, my brain is telling me it's an ADV bike while also a Ninja! (Thus I call it my Adventure Ninja!) Keeping that in mind I want the power it has to offer while finding myself looking for that Ninja speed. I just don't think it's geared that way. In the end, I opted for more of an ADV bike and I think the Versys nails it (compared to the NC700 and the V-strom) plus it gives me a little bit of something different...and I like that!

As for the hands going numb I put on a set of Grip Puppies. I think it helps a lot but I still get some numbing myself. I'm leary of risers as every other bike I've put them on I've wound up taking them off as they change the feel of handling in a negative way to me. I think I just have to adjust the bars a tad, either forwards or back and see how that goes.

Overall...I ain't getting rid of my Versys for a LONG time to come! Love this motorcycle!
onewizard likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Kitchener Ont

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSlow View Post
Well iv'e put on 3000k's so far on my bike, love the power. But this has to be one of the most uncomfortable bikes i have ever ridden.

the seat pushes my nuts into the tank, my right hand goes numb with in 10k, really looking to make changes so i can ride with out feeling that this bike was a bad choice.

seems that at 4000rpm is where the bike wants to run but that is also the spot that mostly buzzes the bars. i tried a set of risers and that did not help. looking to get the seat chopped a bit so it sets level as opposed to having an incline in it.

any thoughts would be appreciated.
I go through Glen Williams from time to time, and have modified my 2015 650 Versys seat. See posts 31 & 32 I have updated photos https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...tions-diy.html
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

there is a guy next door to two wheel motor sports, i'm going to drop the seat off to him and get it modified to fit me. either or i'll get it to a point that i can ride it.

if you're in kitchener then we should go for a ride some weekend.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Enjoy your ride and be safe....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode