Where do you put your helmet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Where do you put your helmet?

When parked temporarily, is there anywhere on the bike people put their helmet?

Paul
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2012 Honda Gold Wing 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I always put mine in my top case but you could get something like this....Bar End Helmet Hook :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear ..I also have one of these that i can run through my jacket and helmet if needed...https://www.amazon.com/Lock-It-Strap...met+lock+strap
quexpress and StormRider like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Garage
Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
How are those helmets on the seats held in place?

Paul
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:27 PM

Garage
Ortega Hwy Run by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy View Post

They are just sitting on the seat. But you could run the straps through the side handles on the seat. Also you could get one of these nets to hold the helmet on your seat...https://www.harborfreight.com/motorc...net-67010.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Gravity. But seriously, I have and LT so mine goes in the right side bag or the top case. If both are full and it's not windy, I set it on the seat. If it's windy, I'll sometimes set it on the ground next to the bike. There are also hooks under the seat on each side to hang it on, then it's locked until you remove the seat.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I carry my helmet. People don't find me as strange in my riding gear when I am carrying my helmet
Fly-Sig likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Several different methods, when I am stopping to get something to eat, if the bike can be in sight I put the helmet in the trunk but don't lock the lid, the jacket goes across the seat.
If I am riding long distance and with a group that wants to go into a mall, my GPS, GoPro , all valuables get locked in the trunk and side case, the tank bag gets a pin inserted to lock it to the tank ring, if I don't have room I carry my jacket.
If I am at a motel everything comes off except my top case, both trekker cases and the tank bag, PITA but I know of people getting up in the morning and finding their cases pried open and stuff gone. Sometimes I leave everything as is even if I can't see the bike, my front and rear camera lenses record 30 minutes after stopping / powering down, usually this is a breakfast stop in the middle of no where, only people coming to eat.

Having said that, my last ride was with my son and his Honda 919, I left everything on the bike, he carried his helmet with him as always.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 06:54 AM

Garage
If I need to leave my helmet and jacket with the bike because I am going to spend some time walking to a waterfall or around a town square I lock the helmet and jacket to the bike with a cable lock. I run it through the sleeve of the jacket and through the chin bar of the helmet and then through a secure place on the bike like the passenger grab handles. I make sure the cable is visible so if someone is eyeing the bike they will easily notice the cable and keep on walking.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Usually in one of the hard panniers or top case. If security is not an issue at all, maybe on a rearview mirror or on the ground. Many times I'll carry my helmet with me.

The most unusual I've seen is the nearest bike in this photo. The helmet is hanging on the right foot peg.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 10:30 AM

I've used the "helmet hook" on my vstrom, fjr, and versys for years. I love it.

https://thehelmethook.com/
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I had two helmet locks that came off my Vulcan Classic (I removed them when I installed saddlebags) and I just put them on the back of the trunk. Works for hanging helmets and for bungee hook points.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
If I need to leave my helmet and jacket with the bike because I am going to spend some time walking to a waterfall or around a town square I lock the helmet and jacket to the bike with a cable lock. I run it through the sleeve of the jacket and through the chin bar of the helmet and then through a secure place on the bike like the passenger grab handles. I make sure the cable is visible so if someone is eyeing the bike they will easily notice the cable and keep on walking.
I do that sometimes, but my "USUAL" method is using a "ski-lock" that has about 2' of cable w/ a combination-lock. I run it thru my chin-bar (can do it w/ two helmets if necessary) then around a passenger hand-hold, the helmet resting on the seat.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Great responses everybody. Thanks!

Paul
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 06:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I do that sometimes, but my "USUAL" method is using a "ski-lock" that has about 2' of cable w/ a combination-lock. I run it thru my chin-bar (can do it w/ two helmets if necessary) then around a passenger hand-hold, the helmet resting on the seat.

Didn't know people locked up their water skis.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
When parked temporarily, is there anywhere on the bike people put their helmet?
Put it over a mirror where it won't fall. I've got two badly scratched visors from putting on my seat where it can easily fall off with a gust of wind or the slightest jostle. For longer periods I carry it with me or lock in in my top box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode