• 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By topgear
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson
  • 1 Post By BLACK DOG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Replacement For My DuPont Chain Lube (Blue Can)

Think i found what I've been looking for. Just in time i got about 1 more use out of the blue can........Tirox Chain Wax Review - webBikeWorld Just ordered a can.
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:25 PM

Garage
I'll have to keep an eye open for that stuff. I never used the "blue can" but have been using the yellow Dupont for a while and love it. If I was able to put words to paper effectively, my review of the yellow would sound alot like this one, but I aren't very much r tic u lut ! 😀

Brad, Suwanee Ga.
'09 V650, several others too!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad906 View Post
I'll have to keep an eye open for that stuff. I never used the "blue can" but have been using the yellow Dupont for a while and love it. If I was able to put words to paper effectively, my review of the yellow would sound alot like this one, but I aren't very much r tic u lut ! 😀

My step-son is using the yellow DuPont right now but his bike has been sitting for well over a year. The blue can was the best stuff i had ever come across so glad to se the new lube i just ordered is the same thing but better it seems. I got mine at Revzilla since i was putting in an order for some Motul Coolant.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 PM

Garage
I switched to the white can from Honda I like it- does not fly off

Deep in Cajun Country
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Think i found what I've been looking for. Just in time i got about 1 more use out of the blue can........Tirox Chain Wax Review - webBikeWorld Just ordered a can.
I found a local distributor with a very reasonable price $12.95 Canadian plus tax .
weljo2001 likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Garage
I like the Dupont yellow can. Mostly because it also cleans and carries away grime when you apply a new coat - assuming previous coat was the same stuff. It also has pretty much zero fling off. I've also tried Maxim Chain Wax which is the opposite of self cleaning, it just builds up. Currently using Motul which has the best sprayer, it also stays attached to my Grease Ninja due to excellent sprayer. I don't think there is any magic potion for your chain but straight oil and grease based lubes make a mess on your rear tire and attract grit. The Dupont Yellow is definitely worth trying. Lowes carries it.

I got 23,000km out of my OEM chain. Sprockets were not worn. I was pretty good at lubing it every second fill up but cannot vouch for how the chain was cared for, for the first 9000km as I am second owner of bike.

The Dupont multi purpose lube in the blue can is a completely dry teflon lube. The current Dupont chain saver in the yellow can is a blend of moly and teflon.

IMO unscientific reviews like the webBikeWorld reviews are somewhat misleading as about all they are able to rate is how easy it is to apply (very subjective) and if there is any fling off. What they do not rate is how well the various products actually lubricate, attract/repell grit or prevent rust.

Last edited by twowheels; 10-23-2017 at 06:36 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 05:19 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i like there chain brush... but im to damn cheap ill stick to my 80w-90W gear oil as recommended by the manufacture

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 07:16 PM

I all so used the Dupont blue can and liked it a lot but have been using the Tirox chain lube for a while now Iím on my second can and I like it much better than the dupont. There is no fling off and does not attract grime chain always seems to stay clean free of grit and have not had any rust even when ridden in rain. The tirox chain wax seems to coat the chain very well.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 06:03 AM

I use Tirox cleaner with the spiral brush. I then use Belray chain lube. As per the can, spray it on a warm chain, let it sit and ďdryĒ for about fifteen minutes and itís good to go. Sprays on white. No mess whatsoever. Itís my go-to. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 01:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy83 View Post
I use Tirox cleaner with the spiral brush.
I also have the Tirox with the spiral brush and it works great.... but in reality all it is in kerosene . what I did when the can was empty was just buy a gallon of kerosene and use a spray bottle and the spiral brush ...works the same and its way way cheaper....($2.50 a gallon vs $13.00 for 12oz)

2016 green V1K
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What works best for me at cleaning a chain is a Grunge Brush & Goop Hand Cleaner (not the pumice kind) once scrubbed hit with the water hose use a rag to dry off the chain then hit the chain with some WD-40 to dissipate any remaining water then use a rag to rub the chain down then hit it with chain lube. That's if you want a really clean chain...

Chain Cleaning by weljo2001, on Flickr

Chain Cleaning by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-25-2017 at 03:33 PM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Joe - I always wondered HOW you keep your bikes so "spic'n'span"...!

weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

Whoa!!!!! Stop the presses. Fast Eddie commented on a chain lube thread and did not mention WD-40.
weljo2001 likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

I don't think mine was that clean when I picked it up new at the dealer.
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode