Kawasaki Supercharged Sport Tourer - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Kawasaki Supercharged Sport Tourer

Kawasaki Will Introduce Supercharged Sport Tourer Next Month (with video) MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
twowheeladdict likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Next gen Concours maybe? The current one is still solid but hasn't had a big revamp in a while.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm just wondering if they might drop the 900 engine in the big Versys but supercharge it.....I'd have to trade mine for one...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...029da04132.png

Lot of rumors about it being an H2Gt. Probably going to be pretty pricey.
weljo2001 likes this.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Hopefully a Concours replacement that handles the curves as well as the current one handles high speed.

It is going to need to match all the amenities on the other sport tourers to be competitive though.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-11-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemacleod View Post
Next gen Concours maybe? The current one is still solid but hasn't had a big revamp in a while.
Looks like all they did for the 18 Connie was bring back the 2015 color scheme and call it an 18. I have a 17 and love it. It compliments my V1k.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My guess is a 30 grand comfy rocketship.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
Looks like all they did for the 18 Connie was bring back the 2015 color scheme and call it an 18. I have a 17 and love it. It compliments my V1k.
I would have replaced my '12 Concours with another had they added the features I was looking for. I toured 24 states on my Concours and put 30,000 miles on it. The competitors were adding cruise control and electronic suspension and when I came across the Triumph Trophy SE at a $5000 discount plus $1200 in free accessories, I jumped. The trophy was not as powerful, but much more agile then the Concours. Now that I have had cruise control and electronic suspension I won't buy another sport touring bike without it.
quexpress likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-12-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I would have replaced my '12 Concours with another had they added the features I was looking for. I toured 24 states on my Concours and put 30,000 miles on it. The competitors were adding cruise control and electronic suspension and when I came across the Triumph Trophy SE at a $5000 discount plus $1200 in free accessories, I jumped. The trophy was not as powerful, but much more agile then the Concours. Now that I have had cruise control and electronic suspension I won't buy another sport touring bike without it.
How's the maintenance on the Trophy? It was one of the bikes I was looking at when I bought the Connie.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here It Is....Kawasaki poised to reveal Ninja H2-powered super-tourer | MCN

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 10-12-2017, 01:27 PM

This other Kawasaki retro sure excites me. I had an original Z-1 with the orange color scheme and thought it was such a beautiful bike, as it was revolutionary at the time in 1973. I followed up with a 76 KZ1000, 77 1000 LTD, and 83 GPZ 1100.

Kawasaki?s supercharged retro | MCN
weljo2001 likes this.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Definitely the Concours replacement, in Europe anyway.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
This other Kawasaki retro sure excites me. I had an original Z-1 with the orange color scheme and thought it was such a beautiful bike, as it was revolutionary at the time in 1973. I followed up with a 76 KZ1000, 77 1000 LTD, and 83 GPZ 1100.

Kawasaki?s supercharged retro | MCN
I like that retro version as well.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Definitely the Concours replacement, in Europe anyway.

Seems that photo is an Artist Rendition of what it might look like

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 10-12-2017, 05:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
How's the maintenance on the Trophy? It was one of the bikes I was looking at when I bought the Connie.
Easier than the Concours.

If you follow the manual, you only change the rear diff fluid once and you are done.

Oil changes every 5000 miles.

Bought a dealertool interface that connects to the OBDII port and you can run diagnostics, synch the trottlebodies, bleed the ABS system, read and clear codes, etc. to make maintenance easier.

There is a huge downside to the Triumph Trophy SE if you ride with gear and live where it gets warm. The fairing design keeps all wind off of you. Nothing to push through a mesh jacket and cool you down. I toured all day with temps in the 40s and no need for my heated gear. Just turned on the heated grips.

My local dealer lost Triumph and the closest was 100 miles away. I happened to stop in at the new Harley dealer and the owner made me an offer on an M8 engine Road King that I didn't want to pass up. Got close to what I paid for the Triumph and a discount on the new Harley.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Seems that photo is an Artist Rendition of what it might look like
I agree because I couldn't imagine them giving up the Monocoque Aluminum Frame on the Concours for a tubular frame. the nose plastics and saddlebags are definitely from the Connie though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0013.jpg (92.8 KB, 33 views)
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Old 10-12-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I've pretty much come to the same decision, my next bike will have cruise control. I've been hoping Yamaha would make a sport touring version of the FZ-10 (basically a FJ-10 or Tracer 1k depending on what part of the world you're from) though if they put cruise on the FJ-09 or Kawi put cruise on the V1k or Ninja 1k I would probably jump on one in a heartbeat.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:11 PM

I fully expect this V1 to be my last touring bike. It'll easily go more miles than I anticipate riding over the next few years. I'd give doggone near anything for an electronic cruise control, but not willing to spend the big $ on an aftermarket unit with the shamefully high failure rates they have. The Kaoko I just ordered is the last item on my list of add-ons and the "Blackbird" is ready for next year's touring. The manual throttle assist (while not perfect by a long shot) will have to do.

As for an H2 based sport tourer...I will make a statement I couldn't have conceived of a decade ago: "I have all the horsepower I want and more than I need." Oh Lord, what has happened to me? Who am I now?
weljo2001 likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 PM

Cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy1949 View Post
I fully expect this V1 to be my last touring bike. It'll easily go more miles than I anticipate riding over the next few years. I'd give doggone near anything for an electronic cruise control, but not willing to spend the big $ on an aftermarket unit with the shamefully high failure rates they have. The Kaoko I just ordered is the last item on my list of add-ons and the "Blackbird" is ready for next year's touring. The manual throttle assist (while not perfect by a long shot) will have to do.

As for an H2 based sport tourer...I will make a statement I couldn't have conceived of a decade ago: "I have all the horsepower I want and more than I need." Oh Lord, what has happened to me? Who am I now?
I use this on long trips 1000k and up and it works great. Easy to remove and put back on so you can still keep hand guards on Home - Throttlemeister
Old 11-07-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Doesn't look like it would be too comfortable for a fat guy with bad knees and hip so I'm out...https://www.rushlane.com/kawasaki-ni...12254691.html/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in