Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Clutch Cable

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
Most places I've found are saying Motion Pro cables work.. but when I look at motionpro's website, I don't find anything that says it works in my versys.. Can anybody confirm for me the part number for a Motion Pro Clutch Cable for an 07 Versys please? OEM Part number 54011-0058

Found this for MotionPro parts: OEM Search

Don't want to get the wrong cable

#3 ·
#4 ·
Well..the cable itself has already snapped.. I noticed it feeling really loose, so found it was starting to go, tightened it up a bit and tested the feel..felt good, so hopped on the bike to test it out... snapped before I got more than 15 feet.

So now I'm trying to find a clutch cable locally so I can get the bike going again, then I'll get myself a spare OEM to keep in the bike (along with some other key cables that I'd rather not have break on me).

O.K. Why don't you get an O.E.M. cable. They cost about $12 from ronayers.com.
I looked at ronayers.com (hadn't heard of it before) and unless they're giving them away, they don't have any. http://www.ronayers.com/Cables-C417649.aspx

#8 ·
I did go to fisch.. I'm on a 2007 waltermitty. But again - thank you for the site. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks also Black Dog - I'll take a look at bike bandit.

I'd still be curious if anybody can confirm whether Motion Pro cables will work on my bike.. more for good to know information now.

#13 ·
In the spring I pull the cable out and drip 3-in-1 oil down it, clean the barrel and housing and then put fresh grease on the barrel. During the season I occasionally spray a bit of chain lube around the barrel contact point. Works for me. Careful routing is important too.

#14 ·
One of the cable lube tools work well. It uses a spray can to force lube down the cable. All you need to do is disconnect one end. I use the Dupont Teflon stuff in a spray can. Cables will last about forever if properly lubed. Dab of grease on the barrel end and you are good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.