Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

I love forum-based recycling!

910 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Thanks to one of our members, I have a new(to me) seat cover! He was just offering it up because he got a new one. A minor good deed, but really handy for the V I bought with some rust and dry rot from sitting outside. It has really low miles, but a checkered past. So I'm slowly bringing it up to speed while riding the crap out of it.
Here's my old one on the picnic bench before dis-assembly and his old one on my bike about an hour after the FedEx guy drove away.

Without forums like these it would be so much harder for people to be so awesome.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's actually in great shape. There's just odd stuff. It's an '09 with only 1300 miles on it. The guy I bought it from got it at auction last year and never even registered it in his state. So who knows how it got there to begin with. Maybe a barely ridden trade-in. Or a repo.

Some of the darker plastic is slightly faded. Some things, like the cylinder bolts and the handlebar ends were badly rusted. And that poor seat... All lead me to believe it sat outside for a while. Underneath, the oil filter and drain bolt looked like they've never been touched. So I doubt the initial service was ever done. The manual is missing, but the tools are still there. Otherwise, it appears and runs like brand new. It's an odd combination of neglect and showroom condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.