Are you violent by nature. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Are you violent by nature.

Are humans violent by nature?
History is full of violence, We even make define time of History by the was that were fought.
The Romans watched gladiatorial games were men fought to the death against men and animals, they watched executions where people were fed to animals. For most of history executions were public, people even brought there children to see them, during the French revolution when many people were guillotined, people would bring handkerchiefs to soak up some of the blood to keep as souvenirs. To this day people still watch animal fights where animals are forced to fight to the death. The modern media is full of violence though most of the violence is done by bad guys who most often get killed in the end.
In ancient history most empires often pillaged the land they conquered, they raped, murdered and enslaved the people they conquered, the Mongol's were the worst, they killed men, women and children with out mercy.
Why are people so violent? Is it genetic, are people violent by nature? Or is it learned behaver?

Share you thoughts and lets all live a life of NON Violent.
FastO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
njd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's definitely genetic. Especially among men. It's probably more accurate to call it hormonal.

The idea of violence is obviously something that humans came up with much later on, but fighting with each other is nothing new. Cavemen killed each other all the time--for food, women, or just plain aggression.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 AM

I think anyone who starts a stupid thread like this.......

NEEDS THEIR ASS KICKED!!!!

V-Zee
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd View Post
It's definitely genetic. Especially among men. It's probably more accurate to call it hormonal.

The idea of violence is obviously something that humans came up with much later on, but fighting with each other is nothing new. Cavemen killed each other all the time--for food, women, or just plain aggression.
Caveman I talked to said thats not so, it was peace love and dope...
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Only when I drink cheap whisky!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 AM

It's like coffee, it doesn't always have to brew - sometimes you use insant.
I Just opened up a fresh can of Whoopass
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
I think anyone who starts a stupid thread like this.......

NEEDS THEIR ASS KICKED!!!!

V-Zee
I see violence here
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 AM

I would answer your question but i'm so pissed off i'm going to choke a cat.

lol
I don't know what to tell you, people are ignorant.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 AM

this thread made me go out kick my dog. Just kidding hes a big happy yellow lab here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leo 10-07 004.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	834.4 KB
ID:	7394  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytrydr View Post
this thread made me go out kick my dog. Just kidding hes a big happy yellow lab here's a pic.
I like your ceiling, Some have a bear rug, you have a dog roof.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 10:58 AM

i can't resist a chance to whore:

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Rik

• i'd kill for a nobel peace prize!!
!!!
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Re: Violence

It's definitely an inherited feature from our evolution.

2 examples:

Humans are at their most violent at around 2 years old (as documented by researchers studying the frequency of aggression towards their peers in one day). This trait is a survival instinct from a not too distant past when infant had to fight for resources, not unlike the cobs of any wild animals. Today, we just call it “the terrible two” (although, watching my 10 month old daughter, there is probably such a thing as the terrible 0.8…)

If you try to avoid violence altogether, you can’t. Nuns are actually much more prone to develop mental illness like OCD due to the lack of violence in their daily life. If it is not expressed somehow, it will get back to bite you in the a**.

The fight-or-flight response from you parasympathetic hormonal system is actually a good example to illustrate what it means to be human. The constant acceleration and deceleration of the heart beat is almost always distressed by daily life and stress. A perfect cycle of heart beat variation can be achieved through meditation. So stress free people “feel” their violence and control it. Actually, there is only one thing that has ever been medically accepted as a probable indication of a near death: an absolutely constant heart beat rate. It’s been documented that people on their death bed do not have a heart beat rate fluctuation anymore: so if you stop to be in equilibrium with your happy Vs Violent nature, you’re dead!

So live your violence peacefully for a happy life. This may include a punching bag, a “blow-****-up” videogame, or the face of the municipal tax assessor. It’s all good!
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 PM

I only get violent when someone or something pisses me off. Like that dumb Bast#[email protected]$ that cut me off yesterday while blabing into his cell phone.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Oh yea, what the heck is "parasympathetic hormonal system "? Is that like, cut me off and I want to break your windsheild with my elbo?
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
I ain't good at it, but I just tried to 'clone' a picture that came out in the '60s. Hope you can read/ see it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uncle Sam.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	7397  

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM

When I drive here in Peru, I have to be very aggressive because all the driving environment is crazy. Public service small buses (called "Combis") and taxis never show respect for the regulations and law so this is like a jungle you know... it makes me aggressive! http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...s/lildevil.gif

But when I go to US for example, rent a car and drive there I never have to touch the horn, or insult someone through the window. I keep a good distance from the other car and no ones try to get in that space... I like to drive there, it makes me peacefull!http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums.../grinangel.gif
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
Oh yea, what the heck is "parasympathetic hormonal system "? Is that like, cut me off and I want to break your windsheild with my elbo?
Pretty much.

Once cut off, your glands will release more epinephrine (adrenaline), which will give you a few seconds of super-human force to use on one's windshield and/or face.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:28 PM

As was said during the first Gulf War, "Nuke them till they glow, then short them in the dark". Aggression doesn't get much better then that

post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 PM

And I thought New Hampshire was this quaint, Norman Rockwell kind of place. Methinks I better reconsider my vacation plans

V-Zee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode