Miata or Goldwing as 2nd toy? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Miata or Goldwing as 2nd toy?

I'm in a dilemma, I already have an MX5, but "think" I may rather have a Wing for long distance touring.
I already have the Versys & an old truck that gets me around town (wouldn't trust it to get very far though at 250k mls on the clock)

The Miata will obviously bring a smile to our faces (this is a me'n'er thang!) & keep us dry when needed, but the Wing will also give a greater sense of adventure...............what do you guys think?

PS, it's a "one or the other" situation & I'm not asking about other touring alternatives thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:13 PM

Garage
Miata.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'd say Miata too..

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Miata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
I'd say Miata too..
You say Miata, I say MX5!!!!

I'm going to test ride an older 'Wing later today if the clouds hold back, so l'll give you an update tomorrow on my decision. (which may upset the couple who are travelling 75mls to see the MX5 tomorrow!)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 04:53 PM

Garage
Mazda baby

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:32 PM

. . . . . . . WING . . . . . . .

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Definitely the Miata

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I bought a Pontiac Solstice in August of 2013. I thought it might wean me off my motorcycle addiction a little bit. I drove it 20,000 miles in 18 months and all the way to El Paso, TX, Pax River, MD, and Florida. Drove the entire BRP, many of the coastal roads in Florida, the mountains of NM.

I liked having my wife beside me instead of behind me, but in the end the Solstice was taking away from riding time and it had to go.

I would go for the wing. The new anniversary black, red, and silver wing is the best one I have ever seen.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 PM

Last edited by CamBkm; 11-30-2015 at 05:23 PM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 PM

Mazda. I want one
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post

I'm going to test ride an older 'Wing later today if the clouds hold back, so l'll give you an update tomorrow on my decision.
would you test drive the Miata if it were cloudy?
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 AM

You have to make your own decisions or just have both and just choose which one to use tomorrow.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Great replies guys!!!
How much do those Solstace's cost?
I can't justify buying a new 'Wing no matter how good they look!
The old 'Wing I looked at yesterday afternoon was in great condition for it's age but the previous owner had added these aftermarket floor boards that you had to take you foot OFF to reach the bloody rear brake pedal!
I'm going to look at another one later today, & funnily enough when l was coming home with the top down on the MX5 there was a slight whining noise coming from the gearbox when it was idling in neutral, but went when l depressed the clutch pedal, & the pulley belt started screaching (AC off) for no apparent reason!?!?!?
Maybe it's a sign.......................................
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 09:47 AM

Garage
Run away from anything GM, just sayin'.
If you get rid of the MX5, replace it with an S2000. More funner, and will run forever as long as you don't forget to keep oil in it (this is something my dad forgot).

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 12:04 PM

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I'm in the "Miata - MX5" camp too, ESPECIALLY the 2015 ones!

PROBABLY weighs LESS than the 'Wing' too!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJEI1973 View Post
Mazda. I want one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftyler View Post
Run away from anything GM, just sayin'.
If you get rid of the MX5, replace it with an S2000. More funner, and will run forever as long as you don't forget to keep oil in it (this is something my dad forgot).
Basing that remark on what?

My GMC trucks, Buick vehicles, and the Pontiac were pretty much flawless. But did sell the them for half what I paid when they gotclose to 200,000 miles. The GMCs never needed a repair, the Buicks and Pontiac only sensor change outs.

My Versys Travels:

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
Great replies guys!!!
How much do those Solstace's cost?
Depends what you buy. Don't testdrive a GXP Turbo. You will be very disappointed in the miata afterward.

My Versys Travels:

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Basing that remark on what?

My GMC trucks, Buick vehicles, and the Pontiac were pretty much flawless. But did sell the them for half what I paid when they gotclose to 200,000 miles. The GMCs never needed a repair, the Buicks and Pontiac only sensor change outs.
Your experiences aren't typical. GM quality isn't where it should be.
So, you bought the cars with 150k on the clock and sold them at 200k? Otherwise I don't buy that you sold them with that many miles for 1/2 the purchase price since depreciation doesn't work like that (unless you're buying a very rare vehicle and I can't really think of anything that GM makes that qualifies).
Also, GM = cheap plastic interior.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well the MX5 was sold yesterday evening ($1200 profit )
I looked at a 1994 'Wing yesterday with a two tone blue that was produced for that year only & 90k on the clock is a possibility (mainly because l think I can sell it next Spring with at least a $1k profit!) & it's a one owner from new with all documentation & a shedload of extras.
It has the original manual/toolkit & even the open face helmet with microphone & earpieces!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 tone Wing 94.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	73825  

Last edited by my2wheels; 10-08-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode