Gulf Oil Spill....... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gulf Oil Spill.......

As a surfer here in San Diego Cali..I feel sad for anybody living near any affected beaches... Are any of you feeling the pain of the spill ? Can you enjoy the surf or tell me any stories of contamination ? I feel your pain.....Wow, what a mess.....I read it could be stopped soon but thats alot of oil.....Stay strong and pray as I do.....Malcolm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
that oil spill looks pretty bad, hope they can sort it out soon, it is getting a lot of media attention right around the world
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Well I don't think the obama administration's priority is to stop the oil, but rather use the catastrophe to push a new energy plan.
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
We can,t even solve some of our self created problems on the surface, let alone solve a problem that is so deep down.

We asked for it
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Yep, it's a terrible situation.

post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:04 PM

The truth is we are depletion our fossil resources.
We are now forced to go more deeper offshore to satisfy of thirst for black gold.
Last 2 project ago was a deep water project at 1500m depth with Murphy oil.

The BP fiasco was not following the procedures as they should.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

This is a scary thought....The Gulf States only get real surf when there are hurricanes nearby.....This is the season....I have seen videos of people surfing perfect waves...They know where and when to go...Such beautiful beaches and coastline...Maybe a hurricane is not a good thing rite now...
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
Well I don't think the obama administration's priority is to stop the oil, but rather use the catastrophe to push a new energy plan.
Exactly!

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

~~ Rahm Emanuel - Obama Administration White House Chief of Staff

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
The truth is we are depletion our fossil resources.
We are now forced to go more deeper offshore to satisfy of thirst for black gold.
There are PLENTY of readily accessible oil deposits in shallow waters and on dry land but the so called “environmentalists” won’t allow them to be tapped. A classic example is ANWR which would be an ideal place to drill with an absolutely minimal impact on the environment and wildlife (which I care about deeply).

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 AM

Hardware, I 100% agree with you.

I love the prospect of Solar power here in Malaysia which is close to the equator. It's abundant and free. Instead, there are suggestion on nuclear power.

WE have only what we have now to go around . Nature is connected into everything and where do our children go from here? FUBAR, BOHICA or SNAFU.

We assume to much for far too long and ASSUME makes an Ass out of You and Me. I mean this in a good way, Thanks.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

begs the old question that after a hundred years of running engines on fossil fuels that a viable alternative's has not been used
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 03:15 AM
naz

another huge crime against humanity.
big companies has to realise that its not only profit,there are some limits.
here in greece there is a movement against bp products
media usually treat a subject like this by different angles involving politics .
when the media are a tool of the capitalistic companies(they actually own the media) ,and they beeing used constantly the last century to promote its strategies you cant relay on them in life threatening matters.just try to explain the fisherman there that its obamas fault ....
anyway lets hope this disaster stops imediatelly because ocean belongs to everybody and our children should know its real color was originally deep blue,not black...
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 03:34 AM

Maybe the next time the US politics (yes, including Obama) will sign emission and pollution related agreements!

Even the exausts in the US as you all know are quite different than the ones here in Europe.. You know why, right?

rgds
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
begs the old question that after a hundred years of running engines on fossil fuels that a viable alternative's has not been used
Because there is not yet a more efficient, effective, portable, safe, and economically feasible alternative fuel for vehicles. There surely will be... but the technology just doesn’t exist yet – and it never will if we cripple the economies of the world by cutting off the life blood on which they currently run.

When the alternatives are available, we most certainly will migrate to it, because the markets will demand it.

post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Because there is not yet a more efficient, effective, portable, safe, and economically feasible alternative fuel for vehicles. There surely will be... but the technology just doesn’t exist yet – and it never will if we cripple the economies of the world by cutting off the life blood on which they currently run.

When the alternatives are available, we most certainly will migrate to it, because the markets will demand it.
Very well said.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
Maybe the next time the US politics (yes, including Obama) will sign emission and pollution related agreements!
We have made tremendous advances in reducing true pollutant emissions like Carbon Monoxide and Sulphur Dioxide, etc. over the last several decades.

The Kyoto Protocol that the U.S. and the other major industrialized nations refused to sign onto was all about Carbon Dioxide – and the current hyperbolic hysteria over CO2 is ridiculous! CO2 isn’t a pollutant, it’s plant food... It is the `air’ that vegetation (including food crops) needs to thrive... and the whole premise that it is causing “Global Warming” is an unproven theory — based on inaccurate data and demonstrably flawed computer models — that thousands of reputable scientists have railed against (although you wouldn’t know that by watching the mainstream media). It is being promoted by well meaning but ill-informed individuals who believe in it like a religion and want to redistribute wealth to 3rd world countries to ”make it fair”... where most of it it will never arrive because it will most surely be diverted into the pockets of the scam artists like Al Gore and the oil companies who support it who are trying to create and control a whole new commodities market — trading in “Carbon Credits”.

Global Warming The Other Side

post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

In my view technology is there but has been shidden by the extreme greed of the whole oil industry, that is the fear that is thrown up that if we ran vehicles on water all the rich nations would come crashing down economically, not really trying to promote conspircy theories but my original point is how long have we been running on a internal combustion engine which the principle has not changed (fuel in, compression, explosion exhaust)out since henry's model T yet a lot of other technolgys have made quatum leaps in development.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Help america please!!!!!

they just want to use this to pass cap and trade. why don't they just put a bigger pipe over this one and pump out of that i mean damb. these guys don't have an imagination anywhere in our government or at BP. Obama is such a piece of ****! he can't take care of a spill on our land and he can't/won't do anything with border security. Now mister inner city himself is going to sue arizona because his friends need the illeagals to work for their companies. i have read the law.... and guess what it is not racist. If you don't believe me go read it. It is only about 12 pages worth of words. but with all the spacing and headings it fill 17 pages. EVERYONE READ IT THEN CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN OR SENATOR!!! all i think i can do is show people the truth, even though some people just wont listen. if you don't believe me watch GLENN BECK he shows proof of everything he says weather it be video or audio clips of these people. soo you tell me what i can do to help some more.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
In my view technology is there but has been shidden by the extreme greed of the whole oil industry, that is the fear that is thrown up that if we ran vehicles on water all the rich nations would come crashing down economically, not really trying to promote conspircy theories but my original point is how long have we been running on a internal combustion engine which the principle has not changed (fuel in, compression, explosion exhaust)out since henry's model T yet a lot of other technolgys have made quatum leaps in development.

It is inconceivable to me that there is some super energy technology out there (e.g., using your example of running vehicles on water) which is being hidden by the oil companies. Not that I don’t believe that they would want to hide it, try to hide it, or even kill to hide it... I just don’t see how they could hide it. Even if they did... If it was possible to pull it off with our existing associated knowledge and technologies, it wouldn’t be long before some other scientists discovered it all over again... and you can bet that if a car manufacturer got their hands on it, they would produce it in a heartbeat – because it would mean that they would OWN the auto industry.

I also believe that the rich nations would rush to embrace it, because cheap energy would mean lower production costs on everything... and most things are priced according to what the markets will bear, not what they cost to produce, so not only would their markets expand... their profit margins would go through the roof!

The 100 years of running on the same basic design of the internal combustion engine may seem like a long time... but it really isn’t (I used to think 60 years was a long time... until I reached 60 ). Consider how many years it took to get from bronze to steel? How long to go from the bow & arrow to gunpowder & the firearm... and while it’s been refined greatly from the muzzle loading flintlock to the current MiniGun... it’s still the same basic technology of a spark, burning fuel, expanding gas... Just look at the space program where we’re still launching vehicles into orbit using solid fuel boosters rockets that are essentially the same principle that the Chinese discovered over 2000 years ago! I chuckle (and groan) every time I see the ignition sequence of the space shuttle – they light it with a really big sparkler! Where the hell are the anti-gravity units that we were supposed to have by now?!

While microchips & the associated electronic technologies have advanced at an astonishing rate, that’s just because we were able to reverse-engineer the devices we discovered on the extraterrestrial alien spaceships out at Area 51... Yeah, I’m kidding... but the advances of microprocessors, etc., has been an anomaly which took on a life of its own (the new processors allowed them to design the newer processors). It doesn’t normally work like that where (unlike the laws of man) the laws of physics must be obeyed. It’s true that E=MC2 but it’s really tricky to extract the E from the M with a device that’s small enough to fit on our V

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It’s true that E=MC2 but it’s really tricky to extract the E from the M with a device that’s small enough to fit on our V

Now we are talking hardware, a device to fit the V that can go warp speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode