tin-tops coming at you head on - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Angry tin-tops coming at you head on

today on my way to work a car was overtaking several cars so coming at me head-on and me thinking hey he will pull in soon but no continued straight on so I had to take quick evasive action heading for the road shoulder to avoid a head on crash. Bloody car drivers don't give a Monkeys for Motorcycles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
No bike riding here to worry about avoiding cars due to heavy rain and flooding
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

lovely sunny day with 18deg today so was a great ride home at 4.30pm
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Snow forcast down to 200m and rain every day until sunday, have not seen this much rain since bad floods in 86
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

won't make any plans for a ride south this weekend then, though I see the road has been closed just north of Oamaru to all vehicles other than the Army Unimog.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oamaru was cut off north and south and army helping and the temuka river partially burst its banks close to where i work but got back home (30km trip home), not a bike on the road, got 6 days off now so will do some maint on the V
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffyNn View Post
today on my way to work a car was overtaking several cars so coming at me head-on and me thinking hey he will pull in soon but no continued straight on so I had to take quick evasive action heading for the road shoulder to avoid a head on crash. Bloody car drivers don't give a Monkeys for Motorcycles!
Well just got home after a 600km ride and its all the same around the world.
You need to keep your eyes in front, back and side.

Kiwi 41, hope the flood is not bad and all are ok back in town.
Wish you all the best

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
today on my way to work a car was overtaking several cars so coming at me head-on and me thinking hey he will pull in soon but no continued straight on so I had to take quick evasive action heading for the road shoulder to avoid a head on crash. ...
I’ve been considering getting a bike cam and riding with it on all the time... Then — whenever I capture someone (hopefully with a good shot of their license plate) drifting onto the wrong side of the road into the oncoming traffic lane — posting the video up on the Internet! We could even create a special website: www,Stupid_Incompetent_SOBs_Who_Shouldn’t_Be_Allow ed_To_Drive.org

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
I’ve been considering getting a bike cam and riding with it on all the time... Then — whenever I capture someone (hopefully with a good shot of their license plate) drifting onto the wrong side of the road into the oncoming traffic lane — posting the video up on the Internet! We could even create a special website: www,Stupid_Incompetent_SOBs_Who_Shouldn’t_Be_Allow ed_To_Drive.org

Good thought , might help educate some drivers.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:49 PM

Wow, except some enjoy the notoriety, probably would do stupid things to get the "fame".

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Good thought , might help educate some drivers.

yes I think the camera might be good to get the plate number so then could put a report into Traffic police.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Learn to shoot left handed!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
yes I think the camera might be good to get the plate number so then could put a report into Traffic police.
Shhhhh Let’s just forget about my idea... or the next thing you know the cage drivers will be posting up pictures of us on Bikes_that_passed_me_in_a_no_passing_zone.org

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bversysb View Post
Learn to shoot left handed!
Thats Funny

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Shhhhh Let’s just forget about my idea... or the next thing you know the cage drivers will be posting up pictures of us on Bikes_that_passed_me_in_a_no_passing_zone.org
yep there certainly is a risk of that happening as some years ago I was in court to explain why I was doing such a thing though I was lucky in that the driver complaining did not turn up to court so no case to answer.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
yep there certainly is a risk of that happening as some years ago I was in court to explain why I was doing such a thing though I was lucky in that the driver complaining did not turn up to court so no case to answer.
very lucky indeed!

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Rik

the camera idea is nice but I'm thinking along the lines of laser guided missiles

rik
08 versys
nada farkles
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
the camera idea is nice but I'm thinking along the lines of laser guided missiles

rik
08 versys
nada farkles
but that would only reduce the surplus population along with increasing the quality of the gene pool and we can't have that as it would.....

NEVER-MIND! (GO FOR IT)

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 AM

So yesterday I’m stopped on a straight section of a 2 lane road for about 15 or 20 seconds, broad daylight, signal light flashing, waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass so I can turn left into my driveway... 3 or 4 cars have passed and now it’s clear to go... I turn left, across the oncoming lane, and WHAM! — I get hit FROM BEHIND while I’m entirely in the oncoming lane!?!

The bike spins about 120 degrees and stays up! (I’d love to say it was due to my superior riding skills & cat-like reflexes... but I think it was just that the bike didn’t want to fall down. Good bike!.

I’m now alongside the car that hit me, just a few feet from the driver’s window – when she looks at me and says, “Where the hell did you come from!?” I wish I’d had the presence of mind to say something witty like, `I just warped in from another dimension’, but I was literally dumbstruck with disbelief!

Apparently when `she opened her eyes’ and saw me, she swerved left into the oncoming lane to avoid me. Unfortunately that’s where I was already headed too.

My mistake was that I got careless and took my eyes off the mirror for too many consecutive seconds. If I’d seen her coming, I would’ve been able to accelerate out of her path.

I’m fine and the bike looks fine, in fact there isn’t a mark anywhere on it, so I have to think her bumper just hit the tire.

They’re out there folks! Stay sharp!

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hardware thats was a very close call, sounds like somone's watching over you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode