This has been a strange week - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This has been a strange week

After I bought my Royal Enfield I started to get use to the EDF, Enfield Delay Factor. That's where people will come over and I end up having to give a Enfield presentation almost every time I stop. I just wonder if I'll get a commission check if they buy one?

But today I was on the Versys, I'd needed a REAL ride and to stop and pick a few eats on the way home. Well I pull into the Kroger lot and there's a older guy loading his car where I normally park so I slide down a few spaces and park. I get off the bike and am taking off my helmet and glove as here he come asking "What kind of bike is that?" He ask question that made good sense for someone looking for a lightweight sport touring bike. Turns out he has a BWM RT and wanted something smaller to run the roads here and WV and he liked the Versys, I even let him sit on it and told him about the 2015 LT and sent him to see my dealer.

Been my week for show and tell I guess.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2012 650 Versys
Time is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kroger? Where's Walmart??
kawdog is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Kroger? Where's Walmart??
Kroger > Wal-Mart

Although, here in Kansas, they are called Dillon's.
blazblu82 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 739
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good story brother Time.

I think some days we are more approachable than others. I walked into a Subway once to get a sandwich. I was wearing the lime/safety green Tourmaster jacket. I am sitting on the bike A KLR of course) stowing my sandwich in the tank bag. A nurse comes out of Subway, and we are both staring at each other, she's wearing lime green scrubs, and they looked quite amazing on her... there is a medical clinic nearby and it was lunchtime.

She blurted out "nice bike"..... and I sort of drooled and managed to get out a 'thank you' while trying to focus and remember where the bike key goes.

I think about her every time I go past that Subway....

Hey, a guy can dream.
unstable_rider is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable_rider View Post
Good story brother Time.

I think some days we are more approachable than others. I walked into a Subway once to get a sandwich. I was wearing the lime/safety green Tourmaster jacket. I am sitting on the bike A KLR of course) stowing my sandwich in the tank bag. A nurse comes out of Subway, and we are both staring at each other, she's wearing lime green scrubs, and they looked quite amazing on her... there is a medical clinic nearby and it was lunchtime.

She blurted out "nice bike"..... and I sort of drooled and managed to get out a 'thank you' while trying to focus and remember where the bike key goes.

I think about her every time I go past that Subway....

Hey, a guy can dream.
FYI, Subway has Genetically Modified (GM) bread, so it doesn't have enzymes that satiates your hunger (you can eat it and never fill up.) Not to mention in 5, 10, 20 years from now, what are Monsanto's chemicals going to do to you? They are the number one food chain, but knowing their bread is GM and realizing you can eat those buttload bread sandwiches and not feel full needs no further elucidation
kawdog is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 739
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Leaves me limp Dawg,

Now I am not in the mood....

Back to White Castle? Can of sardines on the side of the road.... ?
unstable_rider is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:11 AM
Member
 
silviefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: welches, oregon
Posts: 3,156
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
I know the feeling... Go out on bobber. Oh what year is that? how many cc? how fast will it go?what model is it?....on Versys its mostly the tards ask what it is then when they hear Kawasaki they ask if its fast and or if I want to race v.v...the older wiser ones actually just like yours are interested in it for a comfy sport tourer

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
silviefox is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
FYI, Subway has Genetically Modified (GM) bread, so it doesn't have enzymes that satiates your hunger (you can eat it and never fill up.) Not to mention in 5, 10, 20 years from now, what are Monsanto's chemicals going to do to you? They are the number one food chain, but knowing their bread is GM and realizing you can eat those buttload bread sandwiches and not feel full needs no further elucidation
I've been eating Monsanto laced food for many decades. So far, riding bikes has been much harder on my body than baloney sandwiches.
saddlebag is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Zoomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Of the few times I've gotten stopped, its usually intelligent questions and commentary......after the initial "WTH is that" opener.

Personally I like that I chose a bike that has people scratching their heads.

But I'm weird like that, sooooo..........

2014 Versys 650 in glorious Kawasaki Green
Zoomie is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Central WV
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Turns out he has a BWM RT and wanted something smaller to run the roads here and WV and he liked the Versys, I even let him sit on it and told him about the 2015 LT and sent him to see my dealer.
Uhm...where in WV? We're a rare breed around here.
AdventureSeeker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome