For all you gun guys, and gals. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For all you gun guys, and gals.

Just got a new toy and man I am in love. its a new full size Sig Emperor Scorpion. What a nice piece. I know this is a motorcycle forum, but it is too pretty not to share. probably should've bought an exhaust or something like that as I have been griping about it, but screw it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150706_165605_resized.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	67921  

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 11:03 AM

Not a huge gun person, but Sig Sauer's have always been my favorite. Great looking, congrats, just need a silencer and laser sight!

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 AM

Why do you need a gun? Guns kill people...

That's one amazing looking force multiplier.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
Why do you need a gun? Guns kill people...
guns dont kill people.... small objects moving at terminal velocity do..

my carry.. a ruger P90DC SF addition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rjdhg 012.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	67937  

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy View Post
Not a huge gun person, but Sig Sauer's have always been my favorite. Great looking, congrats, just need a silencer and laser sight!
Thanks, Yeah I like Sig too. Its a nightstand/ range gun so it will have a flashlight no laser. Cant afford the crap you need to get a silencer, but even if I could I don't think I would.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
guns dont kill people.... small objects moving at terminal velocity do..

my carry.. a ruger P90DC SF addition
I like ruger too, but the SR1911 just didn't do it for me. I am a 1911 guy as I find most other pistols I am a horrible shot with. But the p90 is a sweet piece too.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I like ruger too, but the SR1911 just didn't do it for me. I am a 1911 guy as I find most other pistols I am a horrible shot with. But the p90 is a sweet piece too.
What is it you like better about the Sig?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Garage
Looks very nice.

I have a Kimber Tac Custom II that I bought a number of years ago. It trades places in and out with my Kahr PM9 for a carry gun depending on the day.

If I were to buy another 1911, the Sig would be very near the top of the list and seeing yours makes we want to go shopping.

Mitch
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
with the P90 the AC sucks ass (civilian model) the DC is the military/special forces version and is night and day to the AC.. much more refined.
and ya im a 1911 lover too other then the 119 parts >.> makes my OCD go nuts when its time for the monthly cleaning...

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
What is it you like better about the Sig?
It isn't "traditional" as it has a tac rail (for the light) the slide is bigger, Fit and finish is real nice, crisper trigger than some others and just the looks. My buddy has the sr1911 by ruger and he is good about cleaning and storing his fire arms. His ruger is stainless, and it is starting to pit if you look close. He has had a few problems with it as a matter of fact. it just turned me sour on the ruger despite the much lower price point. the other one I was looking at was a Smith rail. but I don't know I saw the emperor and just went for it.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I really wish it was legal to Carry in Canada. Beautiful Scorpion, though... makes me want to pick one up!

I've found some Sig's to be really top-heavy, with the polymer grip.. how's the Scorpion feel?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
It isn't "traditional" as it has a tac rail (for the light) the slide is bigger, Fit and finish is real nice, crisper trigger than some others and just the looks. My buddy has the sr1911 by ruger and he is good about cleaning and storing his fire arms. His ruger is stainless, and it is starting to pit if you look close. He has had a few problems with it as a matter of fact. it just turned me sour on the ruger despite the much lower price point. the other one I was looking at was a Smith rail. but I don't know I saw the emperor and just went for it.
I watched a few vids on their more modern 45 and there were a lot of complaints. What I've seen on the SR1911 even after a couple years and 1-2k rounds is that they've been about flawless.

I have a Ruger revolver and you could use it to pound nails when you aren't shooting and it won't ever break a sweat.

I also like 1911s. Kinda like old guitars, just a masterpiece that's hard to improve on. Don't know if I wanna pay for 45s to perforate paper though. May just use the little 22 revolver I recently inherited.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Just got a new toy and man I am in love. its a new full size Sig Emperor Scorpion. What a nice piece. I know this is a motorcycle forum, but it is too pretty not to share. probably should've bought an exhaust or something like that as I have been griping about it, but screw it.
I've been a big fan of 1911's for...EVER! First handgun ever was a Colt 1911, then I picked-up several in 'Nam in '73. Then 'built' a couple w/ Ranger aluminum frames, one in .45ACP, the other in .22 w/ the Gold Cup top-end, plus an accurized Colt .45, ported, trigger, etc (14 shots at 25yds, standing two-hands, into about 6").

Right now I have a Colt Gold Cup .22 in AZ (made by Walther), and the Colt/Ranger Gold Cup .22 I made all those years ago, here in BC....

And this "oldie-but-a-goldie"

I put the .22 shell on to obscure the serial numbers....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Turns out I inherited an old Nazi Sauer (pre Sig) 32 ACP. Cool old gun. I just bought a few mags for it off ebay. Look forward to putting a few rounds though it soon, even though shooting is usually more of a winter diversion for me.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 07:38 PM

I'm not a 1911 fan but I have to admit they do look very sexy, especially anything not blue. Very nice purchase, you'll get many years of range enjoyment and faithful defense from it.
Now start farkling it.
I would post some of my Glock pics but they would just ugly up an otherwise sexy thread.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I'm not a 1911 fan but I have to admit they do look very sexy, especially anything not blue. Very nice purchase, you'll get many years of range enjoyment and faithful defense from it.
Now start farkling it.
I would post some of my Glock pics but they would just ugly up an otherwise sexy thread.
Speaking of sexy. Another recent impulse purchase. It's a midget 1911 that directs 38 supers to their final resting place. It's called a Dan Wesson. Anyone know if he's related to Smith or just a coincidence?

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Dan Wesson is a blood relative of the founder of S&W. They made/make some innovative & accurate firearms.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
Dan Wesson is a blood relative of the founder of S&W. They made/make some innovative & accurate firearms.
Kewl, thanks!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 AM

Beautiful gun. A .45 will likely be my next purchase. The Sig 1911 Ultra Two-Tone is what keeps me awake at night. ( http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...-two-tone.aspx ) Maybe my wife will treat me at Christmas. Sig 2022 9mm is my nightstand gun. SW M&P Shield 9 is my current carry.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Speaking of sexy. Another recent impulse purchase. It's a midget 1911 that directs 38 supers to their final resting place. It's called a Dan Wesson. Anyone know if he's related to Smith or just a coincidence?

Can't post a pic, but I used to compete in International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association (IHMSA) w/ a Dan Wesson .357 Mag, 10" barrel, and a load that put a 178 gr lead semi-wadcutter out the 'front-end' at about 1,500fps (couldn't find my chrongraph files right now to confirm), and would knock down the ram targets like it was a .44 Mag!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode