Mad Maxx Fury Road - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mad Maxx Fury Road

I saw this with my son; because I love him I took him, not that I was looking forward to it; and I'm always disappointed by the impracticallity of it all. THe waste of fuel, the wreckless driving, the WASTE of good women. How do these Jokers come up with such gigantic machines, let alone the fuel to run them? Its fool if you can get paste the lack of logic I guess.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How? They're Aussies! They know how to build big, powerful and . . . uh, interesting.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 PM

It's fantasy. Road Warrior is the ****! The new one is probably over the top CGI crap anyway. The originals were done by crazy savage who risked their lives making it. The dude who flipped the rig at the end was terminally ill, and old, so he volunteered to do it, and lived through the crash.

Everything on the idiot box makes me feel that way, but its so popular. game of thrones, etc. crap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 AM

I was not too impressed with Fury Road myself. The logic found in certain parts of the movie baffle me. IE, during the last quarter of the movie, how is it a whole mob of freaks gets taken out and defeated by 1 guy (well 2 guys if you count bleachy) and 3 or 4 chicks? Also, why would in anyone in their right mind take a small crew back through the mob after escaping from them?

About the only aspect of the movie I liked was the bouncy death metal player riding on the speaker/amp vehicle.

But yeah, the whole thing was ridiculous. Although, Jurassic World was infinitely better!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 11:45 AM

Wait until you see the new Jurrasic movie... I especially liked the lever-action Marlin Model 1895 that our hero shot repeatedly without touching, let alone operating, the lever... Second only to him racing a Triumph scrambler at breakneck speed through the jungle... at night... in the dark... with his hands on the handlebars and nothing bouncing or jerking. I could go on, but don't have the energy.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Can we say fantasy here? Sometimes you need the Three Stooges to drown out the world instead of going with #7.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
I saw this with my son; because I love him I took him, not that I was looking forward to it; and I'm always disappointed by the impracticallity of it all. THe waste of fuel, the wreckless driving, the WASTE of good women. How do these Jokers come up with such gigantic machines, let alone the fuel to run them? Its fool if you can get paste the lack of logic I guess.
I would give up a limb to be able to watch a movie with my dad. He's passed on. Just enjoy the time spent with your son. Movies are just a pass time anyways, not realistic.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Me too . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
I would give up a limb to be able to watch a movie with my dad. He's passed on. Just enjoy the time spent with your son. Movies are just a pass time anyways, not realistic.
I LOVE spending time with my children. Believe me. My Pop passed on a several years ago. I KNOW the feeling.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode