Reading & Talking On The Phone While Driving - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Reading & Talking On The Phone While Driving

Just got in from Puerto Rico yesterday. Went to Arby's for lunch today and came across this...Seems things around here haven't changed......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yEEjWS2bE

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 06-12-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Probably not much better when confined to one task, stupid is the dominate theme these days.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I keep thinking "Israeli built cellular signal jammer" in one pannier.

I don't care if it's illegal. I don't think the FCC ride around and look for people with jammers.. plus, I would be a moving target.

Cell Phone Jammers Keep Peace

It was the reporters who noticed first. Unable to call their editors while covering the weddings of the rich and famous, they asked the priest why their cell phones never worked at Sacred Heart. His reply: Israeli counterintelligence.

In four Monterrey churches, Israeli-made cell phone jammers the size of paperbacks have been tucked unobtrusively among paintings of the Madonna and statues of the saints.

The jarring polychromatic din of ringing cell phones is increasingly being thwarted - from religious sanctuaries to India's parliament to Tokyo theaters and commuter trains - by devices originally developed to help security forces avert eavesdropping and thwart phone-triggered bombings.

The Indian parliament had jammers installed after politicians ignored requests to turn off their cell phones and legislative sessions were constantly interrupted.

In Italy, universities started using the blockers after discovering that cell phone-savvy teenagers were cheating on exams by sending text messages or taking pictures of tests.

The four Roman Catholic Churches in this northern city began using the devices, from Tel Aviv-based Netline Communications Technologies Ltd., after an insurance salesman imported them as a personal favor for a priest.

"There are still many people who don't understand that being at Mass is sharing a moment with God," said the Rev. Juan Jose Martinez, a spokesman for archdiocese. "Sadly, we had no other choice but to use these little gadgets."

Purchased for about $2,000 each, they can be turned on by remote control and emit low-level radio frequencies that thwart cell phone signals within a 100-foot radius.

Users get a "no service" or "signal not available" message on their cell phones.

Although Mexico has no law against the devices, the private use of cell phone blockers is illegal in the United States and most Western countries.

Illegal?
So is cursing on Sundays, spitting, DISTRACTED DRIVING and popping wheelies..
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cops are ALWAYS looking at something on the screen, and when you drive by and it all goes to static, they will stare directly at you. Just be aware and be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable_rider View Post
I keep thinking "Israeli built cellular signal jammer" in one pannier.

I don't care if it's illegal. I don't think the FCC ride around and look for people with jammers.. plus, I would be a moving target.

Cell Phone Jammers Keep Peace

It was the reporters who noticed first. Unable to call their editors while covering the weddings of the rich and famous, they asked the priest why their cell phones never worked at Sacred Heart. His reply: Israeli counterintelligence.

In four Monterrey churches, Israeli-made cell phone jammers the size of paperbacks have been tucked unobtrusively among paintings of the Madonna and statues of the saints.

The jarring polychromatic din of ringing cell phones is increasingly being thwarted - from religious sanctuaries to India's parliament to Tokyo theaters and commuter trains - by devices originally developed to help security forces avert eavesdropping and thwart phone-triggered bombings.

The Indian parliament had jammers installed after politicians ignored requests to turn off their cell phones and legislative sessions were constantly interrupted.

In Italy, universities started using the blockers after discovering that cell phone-savvy teenagers were cheating on exams by sending text messages or taking pictures of tests.

The four Roman Catholic Churches in this northern city began using the devices, from Tel Aviv-based Netline Communications Technologies Ltd., after an insurance salesman imported them as a personal favor for a priest.

"There are still many people who don't understand that being at Mass is sharing a moment with God," said the Rev. Juan Jose Martinez, a spokesman for archdiocese. "Sadly, we had no other choice but to use these little gadgets."

Purchased for about $2,000 each, they can be turned on by remote control and emit low-level radio frequencies that thwart cell phone signals within a 100-foot radius.

Users get a "no service" or "signal not available" message on their cell phones.

Although Mexico has no law against the devices, the private use of cell phone blockers is illegal in the United States and most Western countries.

Illegal?
So is cursing on Sundays, spitting, DISTRACTED DRIVING and popping wheelies..
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Just got in from Puerto Rico yesterday. Went to Arby's for lunch today and came across this...Seems things around here haven't changed......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yEEjWS2bE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqZ704Um-s
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
That is f'in BRUTAL. BMW driver needs to be beat within an inch of their life.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
This is beautiful. I could watch this all day. I would LOVE to be this cop.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
This is beautiful. I could watch this all day. I would LOVE to be this cop.
I'm assuming you meant the follow-up video for the undercover cop ticketing people on their cell phones?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
I'm assuming you meant the follow-up video for the undercover cop ticketing people on their cell phones?
Yup!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode