Is it just me...or? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
binderline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Is it just me...or?

So I got ask...Is it just me or have other riders here noticed any increase in the number of cagers that are now 'yah mon...smoke i di ganja' while driving? It seems that every time I'm out riding in any kind of traffic these days (even if just a few cars out in front of me), I get a nice whiff of the burning herb. I'm in central cali but I wouldn't consider it weed capitol of the west coast....that place would be about a few hundred miles north of me.

I'm bringing this up because along with the smoking usually comes careless driving...such as the kind that I witnessed today where this jackass (who, with his lame girlfriend, smoking in their cage) was weaving in and out of traffic on hwy 1 and cut in front of me at about 70 mph... essentially reducing my clearance from the car in front of me to 1/2 of what was comfortably (and legally) safe. The idiot kept it up throughout the stream of cars for the next few minutes. I finally exited the hwy and I could still smell their weed in my helmet even after reaching the end of the long offramp.

Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed more cager burners.

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by binderline; 05-24-2015 at 10:48 PM.
binderline is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Waynesboro PA
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm thinking it's just a CA thing.
ray h is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
So I got ask...Is it just me or have other riders here noticed any increase in the number of cagers that are now 'yah mon...smoke i di ganja' while driving? It seems that every time I'm out riding in any kind of traffic these days (even if just a few cars out in front of me), I get a nice whiff of the burning herb. I'm in central cali but I wouldn't consider it weed capitol of the west coast....that place would be about a few hundred miles north of me.

I'm bringing this up because along with the smoking usually comes careless driving...such as the kind that I witnessed today where this jackass (who, with his lame girlfriend, smoking in their cage) was weaving in and out of traffic on hwy 1 and cut in front of me at about 70 mph... essentially reducing my clearance from the car in front of me to 1/2 of what was comfortably (and legally) safe. The idiot kept it up throughout the stream of cars for the next few minutes. I finally exited the hwy and I could still smell their weed in my helmet even after reaching the end of the long offramp.

Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed more cager burners.
Our drivers in Ohiya are just naturally dumb and unable to stay in their lanes. Cellphones, pot whatever, I'd just like to take their keys and throw them in the ocean.
saddlebag is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Member
 
Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Our drivers in Ohiya are just naturally dumb and unable to stay in their lanes. Cellphones, pot whatever, I'd just like to take their keys and throw them in the ocean.
Yep, Real fun is having to dodge a beer can some half toasted redneck tosses out the window at you. Makes me want to sign up for that CCW class at times.

Being from Florida I can say the worse drivers are there. Remember though they are the worse drivers from YOUR home state that got OLD and MOVED to Florida, they couldn't drive worth beans before and NOW they are OLD and drive even WORSE! PLUS they never turn off the blinkers...all the way from Jacksonville to Miami that damn thing will flash while they are in the left hand lane of I-95 doing 60 mph.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 05-25-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Time is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Yep, Real fun is having to dodge a beer can some half toasted redneck tosses out the window at you. Makes me want to sign up for that CCW class at times.

Being from Florida I can say the worse drivers are there. Remember though they are the worse drivers from YOUR home state that got OLD and MOVED to Florida, they couldn't drive worth beans before and NOW they are OLD and drive even WORSE! PLUS they never turn off the blinkers...all the way from Jacksonville to Miami that damn thing will flash while they are in the left hand lane of I-95 doing 60 mph.
My absolute favorite dumb drivers were in Maryland. I think it has something to do with the proximity to DC. I used to have to work on base there from time to time. It is nothing but stop light after stop light. These idiots would just race from light to light trying to cut ahead of one person without skidding thru the next stoplight.

You would think that it would be statistically impossible to get that many retards together in one small area. But it happens.
saddlebag is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 AM
Member
 
Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
You would think that it would be statistically impossible to get that many retards together in one small area. But it happens.
Well it is close to DC. That'd alone would lower the average IQ at MIT by 50 points.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2012 650 Versys
Time is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,329
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Yep, Real fun is having to dodge a beer can some half toasted redneck tosses out the window at you. Makes me want to sign up for that CCW class at times.

Being from Florida I can say the worse drivers are there. Remember though they are the worse drivers from YOUR home state that got OLD and MOVED to Florida, they couldn't drive worth beans before and NOW they are OLD and drive even WORSE! PLUS they never turn off the blinkers...all the way from Jacksonville to Miami that damn thing will flash while they are in the left hand lane of I-95 doing 60 mph.
Florida could make a fortune if it adopted Georgia's "Slowpoke" law. Google it. Basically a "left lane hog" driver can be ticketed for not moving from the left lane to allow a following vehicle to pass - even if the passing vehicle is speeding. Not as silly as it might seem - it is said to reduce lane darting and road rage.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Arion is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Member
 
IanThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There seems to be an increase of stoners, or at least stoners that leave the couch. I attribute it to the decriminalization for small possession. I don't have a problem with potheads ( I used to indulge), but there is a time and place for it. It's just like alcohol.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
IanThomas is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Member
 
silviefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: welches, oregon
Posts: 3,148
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
ya ya ya smoke u p that herb of life xD xD..............now really.....yes i be leave the consumption of cannabis is not a bad thing. the consumption of it when driving i dont think is the smartest of things.... they have anuff trouble with there phones and all of that wail driving i dont think they need to be trying to pack a bowl at the same time too......

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
silviefox is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Florida could make a fortune if it adopted Georgia's "Slowpoke" law. Google it. Basically a "left lane hog" driver can be ticketed for not moving from the left lane to allow a following vehicle to pass - even if the passing vehicle is speeding. Not as silly as it might seem - it is said to reduce lane darting and road rage.
Florida is two expressways going the length of the State, and one crossways going nowhere (Disneyland.) The rest is just a maze of redlights stopping up traffic in any direction. Unless you leave at midnight in FL, you just blew at least a day's time.

Bluehair's is all FL has left. Business left and the only tourists are the one's who can't figure out they are getting ripped off. I got 'beached' in FL for about 13 years in a business that went to China, and all I know is the Gulf central (Sarasota to St. Petersburg) is the most corrupt area in the State and maybe the country.

FL is not going to rile the bluehair's and they are ripping enough people off that their accountants can't keep up. Traffic tickets require too much labor and overhead. They max the old people's insurance and pensions and then "poof" they and their land disappears! NEVER send your parents there.
kawdog is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
binderline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the advice. I suspected Florida was going down hill ever since the 2000 election fiasco. The last 15 have evidently not helped and the next 15 might just finish it off as the coastline starts disappearing. I'll take the pot smoking cagers here in CA over the blue hair kind any day. My condolences to those that reside in the "Sunshine state".

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
binderline is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome