Mirror Usage Seems To Be An Option - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Mirror Usage Seems To Be An Option

I see it all the time people changing lanes without checking their mirrors. The GirlFriend had a front row seat this day....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-19-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I see it all the time people changing lanes without checking their mirrors. The GirlFriend had a front row seat this day....
I think a lot of it is that people don't know how to adjust them properly and end up with blind spots.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I think a lot of it is that people don't know how to adjust them properly and end up with blind spots.

True but i think most just don't look...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any time I'm in a situation as the black civic was(lane to my left, approaching a big slow vehicle on my right), I would preemptively move left just in case that would happen. Avoids a lot of BS! Comes with the experience.

He had a free lane to the left (albeit closely following a truck [which he could then move back over after passing the big rig to his right]). If paying proper attention, you would have noticed that grey car to the right, and MUST assume that said grey car will maneuver recklessly.

When on bike, I would be hugging that left white line, which would basically allow that car to fully make that same mistake without hitting me.

That second video, the truck should've had a mental image of who was coming up behind him. People are too occupied with other things, or just staring straight ahead.. I am looking in my mirrors and around with my head almost more often than straight ahead! Again, as you saw someone go around that slow, left-lane-hogging Honda Element, you must assume the truck is next to follow. Preemptively move right, like the van did. There's free territory over to your right!

Yes, people are dumb as hell. This is why I want a camera in my car and LLV every day to protect me when someone does **** like this. You must get videos like this often. Be safe!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
Any time I'm in a situation as the black civic was(lane to my left, approaching a big slow vehicle on my right), I would preemptively move left just in case that would happen. Avoids a lot of BS! Comes with the experience.

He had a free lane to the left (albeit closely following a truck [which he could then move back over after passing the big rig to his right]). If paying proper attention, you would have noticed that grey car to the right, and MUST assume that said grey car will maneuver recklessly.

When on bike, I would be hugging that left white line, which would basically allow that car to fully make that same mistake without hitting me.

That second video, the truck should've had a mental image of who was coming up behind him. People are too occupied with other things, or just staring straight ahead.. I am looking in my mirrors and around with my head almost more often than straight ahead! Again, as you saw someone go around that slow, left-lane-hogging Honda Element, you must assume the truck is next to follow. Preemptively move right, like the van did. There's free territory over to your right!

Yes, people are dumb as hell. This is why I want a camera in my car and LLV every day to protect me when someone does **** like this. You must get videos like this often. Be safe!

The reason i put one of my old cameras in the GF's car was in 2012 she was on the 91 almost to Corona. A Big Rig lost a tire it hit a car flew up into the air and landed on the front of her car. Total Loss if it would have came back a few feet it would have landed on her. There are a lot of wrecks in that area so there are video cameras around there. The cop that come to the accident saw the whole thing on the camera before he got to her. The same tire also took out 2 more cars after hitting her.

390308_2672953497588_746487557_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Damn, I've seen videos like that before.. Bouncing tires are terrifying, there's no assuming anything on those ones!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Damn, I've seen videos like that before.. Bouncing tires are terrifying, there's no assuming anything on those ones!

Have had tires come at me 3 time on the road...This one on the bike but i had plenty of time to see it coming....http://youtu.be/LXtSdcZ5I7s?t=55s

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:13 PM

how the heck did you hit that sign? haha. I had to watch that trailer lose it's tires 4 times before it wasn't funny anymore.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
how the heck did you hit that sign? haha. I had to watch that trailer lose it's tires 4 times before it wasn't funny anymore.

I took my eyes off where i was headed and looked to the guy to my left.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Have had tires come at me 3 time on the road...This one on the bike but i had plenty of time to see it coming....http://youtu.be/LXtSdcZ5I7s?t=55s
3 times! Geemonitz! Are torque wrenches outlawed out there too?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
3 times! Geemonitz! Are torque wrenches outlawed out there too?

Once in Texas....Once in Missouri and the third here in Cali..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode