California to Texas Translation Guide - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
California to Texas Translation Guide

http://www.youngcons.com/california-...ive-ever-seen/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds About Right......

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
A lot of truth in that there comparison.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yep. And that's why I got the hell out of Texas as soon as I grew up. I don't want to ever move back. Every time I visit my mom, I notice how smug and self-righteous Texans are.

I suppose the Texans here will think "good riddance" that I left. Like I said: smug.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Yep. And that's why I got the hell out of Texas as soon as I grew up. I don't want to ever move back. Every time I visit my mom, I notice how smug and self-righteous Texans are.

I suppose the Texans here will think "good riddance" that I left. Like I said: smug.

If you are in Florida. You've been punished enough.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
If you are in Florida. You've been punished enough.
Ha ha! So very true.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
On a related note, Toyota just announced they are moving Corolla production from Canada to Mexico. The linked article talks about Toyota moving from California to Texas. The area with the lowest cost of labor and least regulation is also the area where it is cheapest to produce a product. With NAFTA auto makers must keep a certain amount of production in the US and Canada to avoid import duties. The amount is in part proportional to market size but allows auto makers some leeway. You can be sure auto makers will move as much production to Mexico as they can within the NAFTA regulations because the cost of production is lowest there. What production does remain in the US has moved to "right to work states" where there is a low min wage, workers have few or no rights, and unions are prohibited. It's a race to the bottom.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/toyo...ario-1.3033661

Last edited by twowheels; 04-15-2015 at 09:50 PM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Funny. That's why I left California and that's what I said about Californians as well. Good thing you live in Florida where many citizens are too old to remember what smug and self-righteous mean. They also don't appear to see motorcyclists while driving their enormous land yachts. That's why I left Florida.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:16 AM

Florida...isn't that somewhere east of Dallas?

IBA 12512
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpeaux View Post
Florida...isn't that somewhere east of Dallas?
There's nothing worthwhile in Texas east of Fort Worth.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
th by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 02:38 PM

Texas is a terrible place, nothin' to see here.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Today I was accused of tail gaiting

I thought it was a joke at first, but the guy was soo angry it was almost kind of funny. I guess I might have been close 6 or 7 feet. I have had motorbikes ride close to me, but I never considered it a threat.

Cheers!

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
I thought it was a joke at first, but the guy was soo angry it was almost kind of funny. I guess I might have been close 6 or 7 feet. I have had motorbikes ride close to me, but I never considered it a threat.
Why would you do that?

You don't mind cars tailgating you when you are riding?

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I thought Florida was a county. Oh well...

IBA 12512
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
Texas is a terrible place, nothin' to see here.
Yeah, but most of it is so flat you can see nothin for a long long way. At least Dallas has a very high percentage of smokin hot wimmins.

I got nothing against Texas. I was born there, got kin there, even lived there for awhile as an adult. But I've also been to California. If I lived there, I'd have to be pretty damn hungry to leave it to move to Texas.

On a motorcycle note. I once ran out of money in Corpus Christie during spring break and sold a dead fish to some other drunk people to raise some gas money to get me back to San Antonio.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:55 PM

There's BIG money in dead fish. Glad it worked out for ya.

IBA 12512
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 PM
RMS

Holden,, all of the methain gas from the cow farts must be afecting your thinking
green 09 V in (DALLAS TEXAS)
???? If Texas is such a poor and stupid State, then why is every one moveing here ????
And on a side note,, Jack Shelby did give 50% of the credit to the fellow in Cal for the verry frist IC chip !!!!! And where did silicon vally get it`s start ?????
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:06 PM

I just moved from Fort Lauderdale to Dallas. I miss some things of FL like vegetation, beaches, and smooth pavement. Other than that Texas is a very nice place.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 06:00 AM

Garage
I go to the country of El Paso, TX for work. Amazing BBQ and Mexican food.

Why did I say country? Because you are spoken to in Spanish first, and you have to pass through a border checkpoint an hour in any direction when leaving El Paso.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode