How about those Atlanta Braves? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How about those Atlanta Braves?

LOL, Espn ranked them at number 27 out of 30 teams, and they are 5-0 already. They put Philly at the bottom at 30 of 30 and they are 3-2. And of course, their favorites the Nationals at number one, and they are 1-4: beat 2 of 3 by Philly.

Espn has the worst commentators and rankings, but it is just to sway bad betting (how the sports industry makes their money.) However, the Espn commentators make me puke. No one could ever be so bad at predicting as they are.

Those idiot commentators never played a sport in their life, but at least they make low salaries anyway. Can you believe the "in" subscription where you pay to read their dribble? Year after year, nothing changes. Oh well, I just thought I would make an obvious observation Go Braves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Phils - 5
Braves - 4

Bet my Phils lose more games than the Braves win this year...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM

Garage
The Mets didn't really struggle with the braves.....

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
The Mets didn't really struggle with the braves.....
That'd because the Met's are the hottest team in all of MLB, duh!

NYM has a bankroll riding on this year, where the Braves are cheaping out (no sluggers and no pitchers - $$,$$$,$$$ each one.)

I like the Mets and glad to see them shine, finally. I hope it doesn't fade out. Right now, they should win out if betting doesn't change scripts to make more money in playoffs. All sports are like Live Wrestling in the playoffs especially, but with betting.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
That'd because the Met's are the hottest team in all of MLB, duh!

NYM has a bankroll riding on this year, where the Braves are cheaping out (no sluggers and no pitchers - $$,$$$,$$$ each one.)

I like the Mets and glad to see them shine, finally. I hope it doesn't fade out. Right now, they should win out if betting doesn't change scripts to make more money in playoffs. All sports are like Live Wrestling in the playoffs especially, but with betting.
The Mets have the 19th highest salary this season at $108 million. The braves are 23rd, with $98 million. Only $10 million difference.....You may have the Mets confused with the other NY team the Yankees.... #2 in payroll at $216 million.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
The Mets have the 19th highest salary this season at $108 million. The braves are 23rd, with $98 million. Only $10 million difference.....You may have the Mets confused with the other NY team the Yankees.... #2 in payroll at $216 million.
The Braves have some of their best fire power and pitchers on a year or so loan to other clubs; so I don't know how all that fits in (oh yeah, Braves took big contract hits with a lot of losers last year or so, so they are thinning the herd this year and writing them off for the next few.) The Mets are from the big apple and they always have had skimpy teams. They got a killer team this year, so all that talent will be gone next year getting big bucks. The big cities always have an advantage, but the Mets don't take advantage of it like the (damm) Yanks.

And the Braves just got the new ballpark in the nice side of town in Cobb County, so I don't know what's going on yet (maybe dumbing down the team to stop crowds??) Maybe they want Fredi out as Manager, but he's done ok. They didn't ask me though. I've watched/followed them from the start about 1966, win or lose. They are definitely Atlanta's best sports team followed by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Football (#7 last year Coach's Poll! How 'bout them Jackets?)

Last edited by kawdog; 04-28-2015 at 01:56 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

The Braves swept the Mets in a 3 game series finishing up with a 1-0 shut out (although the Mets won the last series)!

Now we need to at least win in the Gnats series starting tomorrow.

What a miraculous turn around after selling all stars in pitching and hitting this year! Of course the Mets or Gnats will just hire ringer pitchers and hitters for the playoffs like all the big city clubs do

Between those 2, I'd pull for the Mets: the Gnats just make my butt suck lemons (because they are Espn's favorite team maybe.)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 03:24 PM

It's sad to say but since my Phillies are soooo bad this year, I'm actually rooting for the Mets too. I think everyone in our division see's the Gnats as the rival to beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode