Like all beginings there shall also be an end! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Like all beginings there shall also be an end!

The V is the best motorcycle I have ever owned hands down. New in 2010 it has been unbelievable. Not one problem knock on wood! Fun oh yes so fun!

The direction from here is the unknown. A side by side of which I have never owned. The small Honda that fits into the back of my truck.

My reasons are many and personal. But I am having a hard time admitting I am not as sharp as I use to be.

This is not my final sign off but it may be close. I will let you know how the trade goes. Of coarse I will linger like Capn Kirk, Weljo and others.

Thank you my fellow V forum members and friends! What a great group and some of the most nice down to earth people I have ever met.

Ride on my friends! Safe travels!

Always CCW

MTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
All the best with the trade, enjoy your posts and always CCW.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
MTS

LOL Really!

Have no idea who you are and don't care, but this is funny AHLMAO!

Why not post for all to see, if its how you feel?

CCW all the time!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Funny jpeg!.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	61914  

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
All the best with the trade, enjoy your posts and always CCW.
Thanks Phil! I'll be around, let you know how things go. Would love to ride around your country some day un armed of coarse!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Your most welcome, just had a awesome day out at methven street races, will post vid and photos later. last day of daylight saving as the clocks go back 1 hour tonight at 3am sun morn but its been a hot day as had put sunscreen on at the races.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
...Thank you my fellow V forum members and friends! What a great group and some of the most nice down to earth people I have ever met....MTS
And DON'T forget that YOU are ONE of them, TOO!!!

Maybe I'll 'hit' Montana again, sometime (thinking of Beartooth Pass...).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to see you go, we all have our reasons for change. That's what makes this life interesting. Be safe and God bless.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
LOL Really!

CCW all the time!

Who is that god damned idiot who's never posted? What an arse hole. "InvadeHer?" WTF? 1 star motherphucker
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Who is that god damned idiot who's never posted? What an arse hole. "InvadeHer?" WTF? 1 star motherphucker
lol

-------------------------------------------------

MTS,

If it's the steel bit oem pads sliding that spooks you, you have a good reason. They are the worst pads I've ever had for the quickest bike too.

For $105 from Rocky Mountain ATV, get the EBC copper HH pads all 3 brakes. The first emergency grab (an every other day occurrence in LA, CA) they SWIFTLY and SMOOTHLY decelerated the bike with no pad break in at all. It is the best brakes of ANY vehicle I've driven: abs or not, ANY vehicle. They are like all the other members said here (they have not steered me wrong yet.) I'd quit riding too if I could not find better braking solution to the oem pads (they are a nightmare!) My nerves could not take emergency braking repeatedly sliding on steel bits not grabbing into brake discs.

Anyway, just in case: get some copper pads and stay a little longer Oh yeah, an every other year change in brake fluid front and back wouldn't hurt at the same time.

Last edited by kawdog; 04-04-2015 at 08:04 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL Really!

CCW all the time!

Sent this person ( invadeher) a message a while ago asking how their bike is going, no response lol also go no response from a joeblowell
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
And DON'T forget that YOU are ONE of them, TOO!!!

Maybe I'll 'hit' Montana again, sometime (thinking of Beartooth Pass...).

Thanks Eddie, post before coming out maybe we can meet up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Sorry to see you go, we all have our reasons for change. That's what makes this life interesting. Be safe and God bless.
Thanks Jeff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
LOL, I know what you mean who are all the mental cases and why even post if no one knows who you are?? :huh

MTS,

If it's the steel bit oem pads sliding that spooks you, you have a good reason. They are the worst pads I've ever had for the quickest bike too.

For $105 from Rocky Mountain ATV, get the EBC copper HH pads all 3 brakes. The first emergency grab (an every other day occurrence in LA, CA) they SWIFTLY and SMOOTHLY decelerated the bike with no pad break in at all. It is the best brakes of ANY vehicle I've driven: abs or not, ANY vehicle. They are like all the other members said here (they have not steered me wrong yet.) I'd quit riding too if I could not find better braking solution to the oem pads (they are a nightmare!) My nerves could not take emergency braking repeatedly sliding on steel bits not grabbing into brake discs.

Anyway, just in case: get some copper pads and stay a little longer Oh yeah, an every other year change in brake fluid front and back wouldn't hurt at the same time.
Good call but I really am ready for a change. I'll get another bike, just going to side by side it for awhile. More time with family, type of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Sent this person ( invadeher) a message a while ago asking how their bike is going, no response lol also go no response from a joeblowell
LOL Nice names!
As they say always one in the crowd!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 02:20 PM

You have to do what's right for you. Good luck, and don't be a stranger!

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
You have to do what's right for you. Good luck, and don't be a stranger!
Thanks Dave! Lots of great people on this site! I'll stick around!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode