Ever got any bike present ? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ever got any bike present ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2aGS-cA090

How about this for a birthday gift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Sure.

But mine came in a little box that said 1:15th scale.

Looks like someone wants to get their inheritance a little early by giving their dad a bike too powerful for most to ride confidently.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 AM

I totaled my first bike. After my fractured thumb healed and I came back from deployment, my wife tells me that we needed to stop by another guy's house (his wife and my wife had become friends while we were deployed) on the way home. She had bought me a new Vstar 1300 while I was out. She new that I wanted the tourer model but they didn't come in blue that year. She had the dealer make a blue tourer for me. That's probably the only reason I still have that bike. I ride it occasionally but put way more miles on the Versys these days.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
nope.. tho i did build my husbands bike and gave it to him for my bday....... maybe one of these days ill get one

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
nope.. tho i did build my husbands bike and gave it to him for my bday....... maybe one of these days ill get one
You built a bike and gave it to him for "your" birthday? Are you starting a new trend, like you have to give gifts on your birthday instead of getting them. Actually, that just might keep people from forgetting your birthday if they think they are getting something.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
You built a bike and gave it to him for "your" birthday? Are you starting a new trend, like you have to give gifts on your birthday instead of getting them. Actually, that just might keep people from forgetting your birthday if they think they are getting something.
our anniversary is on my birth day so there it one less date to remember and i dont really care about my birthday. tho in the past my bday has always been a party day that i pay for so thats kinda a gift lol

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
Actually the logic is good. In the chinese tradition, the birthday boy (grand-dad usually) throws a party (dinner) to celebrate his existence still. Something like giving thanks. Cash red packets will be distributed but this is just a show of wealth by the organizer.

So, no harm in giving presents to loved one on the day you were born. Maybe they'll want you to be around the following year too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode