Wife is torqued! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wife is torqued!

From some of my posts, you can tell I had been trying to find exhaust. Well, a couple of weeks ago I found the exhaust I was looking for. I also found my riding pants (you gotta match, got the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Jacket, so of course I needed the matching pants), hugger, and fender extender. I ordered it all a few days apart. All totalled about $800 or $900. So my exhaust came in one day. Wife looked at me funny. Pants came in the next day. She gave me a more disgruntled look. While I was putting the exhaust on the next day, my hugger and fender extender came in. Needless to say, the first question was how much is all this. Sheepishly looking at her I gave her a ballpark figure of about $600. She hit the roof. I then went into explaining about the how the hugger protected the seat, fender protected radiator, and how the exhaust made the bike louder so that other vehicles would hear me, and the pants protected my buttucks if and when I go down, just like the jacket. You can always tell when a man begans to worry stress out because we start to rationalize. Anyway, this morning when I arrived home from work, Stacy looks at me and says, I can't remember my password into our Navy Federal account, and I want to go in and check our bills so that we can revise our budget. I pay everything online. I knew where this was going....and sure enough. Now I feel like a child asking my wife for lunch money. But, my Mistress is HOT!

I can't help I am not on of the Sheeple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 PM

Luckily my wife has learned to live with my vehicle hobbies/habits. I know the UPS man well, he stops and takes a break to chat sometimes when he delivers my packages. I am of buying tons of parts for my new toys, my wife has just learned to accept me for who I am.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Versys View Post
Luckily my wife has learned to live with my vehicle hobbies/habits. I know the UPS man well, he stops and takes a break to chat sometimes when he delivers my packages. I am of buying tons of parts for my new toys, my wife has just learned to accept me for who I am.

Me too...

Actually, she's pretty cool about it. She understands there could be worse hobbies/past times.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Me too...

Actually, she's pretty cool about it. She understands there could be worse hobbies/past times.
Exactly !!!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Ah, singledom... so simple, no permission slips.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

one thing I neglected to mention, on purpose mind you, is that she is due in December and will probably not return to work. So she has been trying to tighten the screws on our spending.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 AM

I'm lucky, my wife has no interest in the bike, so parts are delivered to my office, go in the car and in the garage derictly (my sanctuary, another part my wife as no interest in) and on to the bike.

Great system, except once in a while my 2 boys will notice anything new on the bike and mention it out loud when my wife is around (of course).

I then get the "You are unbelievable look". I guess she also knows me very well and let's me off the hook with this hobby!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM

my soon to be wife orders my parts for me. out of no where she got me a brand new riding outfit. and when i put something on the bike she is always there helping me with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetsoup2003 View Post
my soon to be wife orders my parts for me. out of no where she got me a brand new riding outfit. and when i put something on the bike she is always there helping me with it.
C'mon guy, even hiding behind the internet, we can see you're lying!!!

j/k!!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

She has been real good about letting me buy stuff, She gave me the blessing to buy the two vehicles below. Last August and September. Maybe I am pushing it just a bit. I tell enough of my story so that I am felt sorry for. Gees, I'm such a loser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	th_6.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	418   Click image for larger version

Name:	th_DSC01297.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	419  

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM

My wife used to ask me what such-and-such cost (the R/C stuff I do is pretty pricey too), and my standard answer was always "about fifty bucks" - to which she would sigh and just move on.

This spring when I was thinking again about buying another motorcycle I thought it might be a good idea to ask my wife if she thought it would be cool to get a scooter that she could ride into town to pick up half-and-half or coffee or smokes, and she liked the idea.

To make a long story short, Val wound up with a GZ-250 and I wound up with a Versys. She's overwhelmingly happy that she learned how to ride (got her MSF class done over this past wkend and got her license yesterday), and has ordered a Monster 696 as her "first" bike. Today, she ordered a set of Vanson leathers and bought a fancy Shoei dragon helmet and a pair of Sidi boots. I know that receipt had four digits on it, but I didn't rib her about it because I know the answer would have been "about fifty bucks" .

Since she started riding, I'm all over the farkle list and have now bought luggage, a tank bag, a tail pack, ......... (you know how it goes), and I haven't gotten one question about what 'whatever' cost.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I am really looking forward to getting my wife into riding. We're expecting right now and she can't ride.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 07:46 AM

I'm the only person in my house with a pay check....I don't explain any thing!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to scaryfast777 Send a message via Skype™ to scaryfast777
I have ridden motorcycles for going on 11 years now, dirt primarily. When I met my wife, she was somewhat anti-motorcycle so I new my hopes of ever getting a street bike would be slim and that I would have to fight tooth and nail to get one. Well about 1 1/2 years after we were married (couple of months ago) her father bought a bmw 1100. He had not had a bike since around the time that she and her sister were born so he had been itching for a long time to get one. Oddly enough, she was visiting her parents one weekend and went for a ride with her dad on the beemer. I was shocked when I got off work to listen to a voicemail from my wife explaining how much she loved being on a motorcycle and that we had to get one. WHAT! You guys all know how hard it is to get a woman to do a complete 180 on something like that, so believe me I was amazed.
So, we now have the V and both of us enjoy it immensely. Probably gonna get one of the new corbin seats with a backrest though. Anyway, moral of the story. Just get your significant other on a bike and you will quickly find how they truly feel.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM

I know what you mean about changes of heart. My fiancee's cousin (a motorcycle safety instructor, I'm told) was killed on a motorcycle 2 or 3 years ago, I never thought she would agree to me getting a bike. A number of my friends ride and when one of them mentioned that I should get a license, she punched him. About a year later, I mentioned that I wanted to get my license, and basically she said that as long as I take a course and be as safe as possible, she was okay with it. I couldn't believe it, so I registered for a course the next day, before she changed her mind. Now I have a license, I just need a bike.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM

As long as the brown truck brings stuff for her bike too I'm golden.

Dan

$100 an hour for therapy or...
$100 for gas...
I'm going riding!

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Hey Hugerider,

Welcome to the forum, I am an Cdn. Ex-pat and lived in Edmonchuck for many years, love the summers (Golf until 11:00), but the winters kill.

One thing you have to be very careful with on Edmonton streets is the winter sand that builds up on the roadside and entrances and exits, it can quickly cause a wipe out.

There are some great riding areas out on the Eastern slopes, enjoy your new bike when you get it and try to keep the shiny side up!!

Cheers,

p.s. Used to be great fun to roar up Groat Road with my old Triumph Bonnie at 3:00am, Ha!!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetsoup2003 View Post
Thats a well behaved wife! WOW!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 AM

.....Yeah, my wife does not approve of my farkles at all!!! I get the silent treatment for a while, lol
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
My wife is thankful that I am only looking for the next bike or accessory. She knows that occupies all my free time.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode