getting rich - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
getting rich

I know I know..sounds like a good idea...GOP is all about it..BUT here's what the good book says..

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. (NIV, Proverbs 23:4-5)

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? (NIV, Matthew 16:26)

Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. (TNIV, 1 Timothy 6:9-11, emphasis added)

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (NIV, Matthew 6:19-21)

darn I so wanted that money..but I'm thinkin' my soul just might have more VALUE than money...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You seem to assume that one has to be "bad" to get rich. Plenty of examples where that's the case. And plenty of cases where that's not the case.

I say, if you want, aspire to be rich; then work with integrity, etc to get there.
Not sure why this is on a Versys Forum....
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNeal View Post
You seem to assume that one has to be "bad" to get rich. Plenty of examples where that's the case. And plenty of cases where that's not the case.

I say, if you want, aspire to be rich; then work with integrity, etc to get there.
Not sure why this is on a Versys Forum....
no no no...go to the wealth thread...it's not bad to be rich..it's what you do after you get there and how you get there...

you may note those are good book passages...if you have an argument with them..you know who to call..and it ain't ghost busters...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 PM

Motorcycles

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 08:53 PM

It really doesn't matter how you get rich. Jesus said the rich are going to hell . . . but what would He know?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
Motorcycles
Jesus
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
It really doesn't matter how you get rich. Jesus said the rich are going to hell . . . but what would He know?
My friend,
From the good book, most of the rich guys followed after GOD, but material wealth is to be used to bless others, not to enrich oneself only for selfish reasons. The recent EXODUS film didn't show a great part that the Jews leaving Egypt were millionaires and Pharaoh went after them because of that wealth. With the moolah, they were able to build a grand temple when they entered Canaan.

Also :
Proverbs 13:22 ‘A sinners wealth is stored up for the righteous’

Proverbs 28:8 ‘He who increases his wealth by exorbitant interest amasses it for another, who will be kind to the poor

Ecclesiastes 2:26 ‘To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God

Isaiah 60:5 ‘The wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come’

Isaiah 60:11 ‘Your gates will always stand open, they will never be shut, day or night, so that men may bring the wealth of the nations ‘

Isaiah 61:6 ‘You will feed on the wealth of nations, and in their riches you will boast’.

Isaiah 66:12 ‘I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream’.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
Motorcycles
If you own one, Jesus said you should give it to me along with your cloak or in this case, riding gear.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Gotta love when Atheists quote the Bible.

If you don't believe it, you certainly don't understand it.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 08:27 PM

Gotta know the secret handshake. When Jesus said the rich were going to hell he didn't mean it.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 11:08 PM

I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz will fix most of our problems.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 11:20 PM

So, exactly what is your definition of "rich"?

IBA 12512
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Gotta love when Atheists quote the Bible.

If you don't believe it, you certainly don't understand it.
He who has an ear to hear, let him hear ......
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpeaux View Post
So, exactly what is your definition of "rich"?
Kinda like what the definition of "is" is.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Even "poor" people can have a hyper focus on money. Stealing from others, scamming the social services, playing the lottery, etc.

Joshua 7:21
When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, two hundred shekels of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath."

Psalm 62:10
Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.

Proverbs 15:27
The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.

Ecclesiastes 2:19
And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless.

Matthew 6:19
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Matthew 13:22
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Mark 4:19
but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

1 Timothy 3:3
not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

1 Timothy 6:9
Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

Of course, people like Chaddams use this as an excuse not to work hard and contribute to society. Instead they become takers and users.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode