A real American Hero - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
A real American Hero

You're a 19 year old kid.
You are critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .
It's November 11, 1967.
LZ (landing zone) X-ray.
Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to stop coming in.
You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.
Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.
As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.
You look up to see a Huey coming in. But.. It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.
Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.
He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway.
Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway.
And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.
Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety.
And, he kept coming back!! 13 more times!!
Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm.
He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.
Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force, died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho.
May God Bless and Rest His Soul.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 03-09-2015 at 04:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
RIP

I'd like to give you a Thumbs up... but all I could give you is 5 Stars.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
RIP

I'd like to give you a Thumbs up... but all I could give you is 5 Stars.
Haha, better to have something like this in off topic than all the other political crap.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RIP Ed Freeman,
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you for posting that kiwi 41. Great way to start my Sunday morning.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force, died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho.
Ed W. "Too Tall" Freeman died on August 20th 2008 at the age of 80 due to complications from Parkinson's disease.

He was awarded with the Medal of Honor on July 16, 2001, in the East Room of the White House by President George W. Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Freeman

Last edited by invader; 03-08-2015 at 12:46 PM.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Thank you for posting that kiwi 41. Great way to start my Sunday morning.

Ditto..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Men like ED are few and far between..for which the world is a sadder place...RIP ED...thank you for your service...
Someone mentioned he died in 2008...Maybe the "media" brought it up then...
Using an American hero to make some point about the media..this from someone in New Zealand..is what? especially when the point has none (it's 7 years after his death..you think they should mention it now for what reason?)...
You could've honored this gentleman without the screed...

American heros as your political fodder..nice...
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
Men like ED are few and far between..for which the world is a sadder place...RIP ED...thank you for your service...
Someone mentioned he died in 2008...Maybe the "media" brought it up then...
Using an American hero to make some point about the media..this from someone in New Zealand..is what? especially when the point has none (it's 7 years after his death..you think they should mention it now for what reason?)...
You could've honored this gentleman without the screed...

American heros as your political fodder..nice...
It was just posted by a friend of mine on facebook so was inspired by the story, no hidden agenda to post just felt passionate to honour a true hero fullstop, comment about all the political crap stands ( was not in the original post) as I would rather read about hero's than people bickering from the right or left about politics end of story. By the way we as New Zealanders have a proud military history of fighting along side our allies including the USA, Canada, Great Britain and Australia.

Im sure anyone on this board who has served along side kiwi soldiers would also understand the alliances.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 03-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

OK Chad dude, you got to me. Just for the record for everyone who cares to read this post, It was not posted for any particular agenda the chad man suggests but it was something I posted as the article was a great inspiration and example of a un selfish human spirit, very low of you chad to make a accusation that someone would try to make a political point out of what I would consider a great war hero. Still would rather read about articles like that inspire than all you negative put down BS, I would rather say that to you face to face so I could add in some good old fashion Kiwi attitude than type half a world away but you have become a right royal pain In the arse.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 09:13 PM

Garage
It is a great story kiwi. Sadly, your post came up the same day Canada lost a soldier in Iraq. These inspiring stories are timeless. Thanks for posting.

Always trust your cape.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Marines in New Zealand

Quote:
Kiwi, thanks for posting this. My dad was in the Marines fighting in the South Pacific and he had a stopover in New Zealand. I was touring New Zealand in 2011 on a swapped motorcycle and a nice fellow from Wellington took me on a tour around the area. We stopped at a park, I believe it was on Porirua Harbour near Whitby. The park had a memorial for our soldiers who had camped there during the war and I wondered if my dad had been in that same location?
I had a great tour of your country, spending three weeks on each island. My swapmate and friend lives near Taumarnui. It's a wonderful place to ride a motorcycle. He came to the US the same year and rode my bike (Honda ST1300) from West Virginia to the west coast and back.
If you're ever here on the east side, please, stop in for a beverage of your choice!
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 02:25 AM

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we've sure seen a whole bunch about the thug Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin,
The gov. shut down, "what difference does it make!!!?")
and the bickering of congress over Health & OBAMA CARE!
BUT NOTHING ABOUT THE PASSING OF
Medal of Honor Winner Captain Ed Freeman.
Shame on the media !!!
Now... YOU pass this along.
Honor this real Hero.
Please

kiwi dude..you could've edited the above part OUT and I truly would've had No point to make myself...nothing I said had ANYTHING to do with the New Zealand military and ALL about a New Zealand guy posting an obvious screed against the media HERE..in disquise of honoring a hero...
to answer the one question above..what difference did the government shut down make?? it cost 24 billion dollars for that fiasco...so NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL..I guess...And that wasn't a political question he asked..was it?? doesn't sound like THAT guy has a beef...nope..no beef...You could not for the life of you tell what side he's on..or whether or not you agree with it...ALL about the hero alrighty...SHAME...
the time of Ed's death was long before the the other things..trayvon..gov. shut down..happened...there's NO equivalency at all...they didn't happen at the same time...
American heros die every day...Here in the Portland area we have the Patriot Riders Group..who show up at their funerals and honor vets who have died with no family...several of these people are my friends...They get TV press..not that that's what they're looking for..just about once a month it seems for doing so...We in the motorcycling community here are proud of them and the service they provide for our veterans at the last moment of their lives...Where's the media?? Right here in Portland honoring the now past veterans and the people who honor them too...
Some people post feel good for them postings full of lies..others go out and do things...I hang with the doers...Sue me..and once again SHAME ON YOU AND THAT POSTING...

https://www.patriotguard.org/content.php?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZci1PtX2ew

http://www.oregonlive.com/O/index.ss...make_sure.html

finally..read this and weep..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp

that's where your story came from dude...you fell for that huh?? someone asked me about gullible once...really they did...

dumb assed media hates veterans huh?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vietnam-...0-years-later/

Google which I can only imagine ISN'T part of the media or Wickileaks another BAD source of information HAVE NOTHING on ED right?? don't look it might hurt your eyes...

Last edited by chadams66; 03-09-2015 at 02:47 AM.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 02:53 AM

the real truth is worth repeating...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp

SHAME ON THOSE PEOPLE..SHAME on those who repeat their lies...

I am soo sorry some would use a TRUE AMERICAN HERO like this...

Ed my man I salute you...
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:00 AM

That's right, kiwi41. Just tell him to phuck off.

True heros did not save the country for a sick transvestite bastard like you, chad, so just shut the phuck up. We can do quite well without your kind here.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post

True heros did not save the country for a sick transvestite bastard like you, chad, so just shut the phuck up. We can do quite well without your kind here.
It alright me old mate Mr Invader, if I was going to say those things would rather do it to someone's face, in regard to the article I thought it had just happened so do apologise if the article has been manipulated for political purposes, honestly thought the guy had just died last Wednesday.

In regard to the other person chad I suppose it gives him something to go on about as the lsd has fried his brain.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:44 AM

i bet invader is one of the shamefull gullible idiots...read it all and weep invader..you've become chump meat for the right...believe me I know Trannies who aren't STUPID enough to fall for that..even Kiwi saw his mistake...slightly veiled racism followed by sexist name calling...puff out that chest invader..you be the MAN...
winning invader..winning and IT FEELS GOOD..man I wouldn't want to be your pitiful self...

SHAME ON THOSE USING ED for their racist anti-government rants...go read it and weep SUCKERS...

really?/ tranny is your best argument for believing lies?? really? wow..the intelligence is blinding...I'm melting I'm melting....ooohhhhh....

what you really don't realize is your waving a flag that says..LOOK AT ME..I'M STUPID...

tranny huh?? phuck off?? wooooooooooo...didn't your MOTHER tell you about words like that?? ahahahahahahahahaha little little boi..who popped your cherry and was it bareback..did you bleed? ahhh..was HE black?? bwahahahahahahaha...

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
It alright me old mate Mr Invader, if I was going to say those things would rather do it to someone's face, in regard to the article I thought it had just happened so do apologise if the article has been manipulated for political purposes, honestly thought the guy had just died last Wednesday.

In regard to the other person chad I suppose it gives him something to go on about as the lsd has fried his brain.
you believed a bunch of crap..and I'm the one with the fried brains..ok then..what's YOUR excuse?
I prove that you fell for a not only is a bunch of lies..BUT old lies that change with the times..depending on which BLACK person is in the news..and MY brain is fried...what the hole in the ozone get yours??
Personally I doubt if invader has one (A BRAIN..FOLLOW ME HERE)...hasn't proved it with his name calling...you fall for a RACE BAITING floating email..don't even see the RACE BAITING..really have no knowledge of the story..don't fact check it..and I'VE GOT THE FRIED BRAINS??
You fall for a story that wasn't true when it first came out HOW LONG AGO?? that's right..I'm the one with the bad brains...
nice try dude..but how many people do you think you convinced?? that's right..the ones that fell for that RACE BAITING EMAIL..coughGULLIBLEcough...

SHAME ON THOSE USING ED FREEDMAN FOR THEIR POLITICAL FODDER..even Kiwi has come to see this..even though his brains AREN'T as fried as mine...supposedly...

Last edited by chadams66; 03-09-2015 at 04:02 AM.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post

winning are you?? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha..etc.

true american heros did not die to be used as RACE BAITING fodder either...SHAME SHAME SHAME...YEAH YOU have none..IT'S QUITE EVIDENT...
WHAT you DON'T need is someone calling YOU out on it...How long did you get away with this stuff before I called you on it?? before I shown the light of TRUTH on your lies and slightly veiled racism and other forms of HATE?? argue the points..not you...tranny that's YOUR point...
homophobia..feel good? who wants in on that? make you a MAN?? supposed to make me feel bad if called a tranny?? where's your head at dude...that is sooooo yesterday...you didn't get the memo??
world change too fast for you?? did you blink? everything past you by in the blink of an eye?? think YOUR PAL Kiwi is on board? bad boi bad boi..whatcha gonna do..whatcha gonna do when the QUEERS come for YOU??
NO matter what you think of me..my thoughts or whatever..dudes I would not want to be YOU either...hate hurts..I don't like it..but for you??? well there is a place in HELL just for you..why should I waste my time hating??
Keep on lying..posting lies..I'll be HERE to catch you...I wonder..just who did you scare off by calling them a tranny?? was that supposed to work?? go look in the mirror and call yourself a tranny and see if you get scared...

Last edited by chadams66; 03-09-2015 at 04:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode