Scala Rider Q2 Owner Review - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Cool Scala Rider Q2 Owner Review

Just Recieved the unit and for anyone intrested. The unit works fantastic just connected to the phone or throught the Zumo 550. Set up was very simple just follow instructions.Has 6 presets for FM radio that is embedded in the unit. The included clamp wasn't working well for the Scorpion helmet used the glue mount but put a couple screws in the mount for extra protection with the unit connected to the base it covers the screws. I;ll attach a couple of photos. It also has an outlet and cord to attach to an mp3 player. Makes the ride more enjoyable and catch important calls.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-30-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i have the teamset, non q2, version.
scala does indeed mak a great product.
gps conectivity, mps3 connectivity, bluetooth to the cell phone, intercom system, weatherproof, great customer service, and some smokin' deals on ebay.
who could ask for more?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have the Q2 teamset. It works great with 2 riders, but when trying to connect a third it seems to have some problems.

I got a great deal on craigslist $160 shipped for the pair, brand new!!!

Definitely nice to have on long rides with a friend, or when the gf wants to go along. Last friday I used it almost continuously as an intercom for 8 hours, and never got a low battery indication. Will see how much longer the charge lasts. During that ride there was one instance where the units wouldn't connect with bluetooth. My friend was still able to call me through the connected phones. I turned mine off, and back on, and all was well.

I routinely ride with the same 2 guys and we all have Q2s. It would be nice to have the ability to all talk at once like the G4 offers, and if I read correctly it seems that with one G4 you can talk 3 people in full duplex, so I might be tempted to put up the money to give that a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode