getting a shot - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
getting a shot

well well well...seems some people will actually come around when faced with the real truth...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...?detail=email#

hello Jenny McCarthy....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
well well well...seems some people will actually come around when faced with the real truth...

hello Jenny McCarthy....

We're all Darwin's imps. Some are fool hearty enough to test their luck in the open air in between SUVs and 18 wheelers others are just ignorant enough to think their faith trumps scientific validation.

But what fun would reading the morning paper be without all us death deniers?
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 03:44 PM

Garage
This story is from 2013........
http://www.healthline.com/health-new...ination-082613

So what's your point?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
This story is from 2013........
http://www.healthline.com/health-new...ination-082613

So what's your point?
oh yeah I must have forgotten that anything from 2013 was invalidated because of time..or something...BTW this had NOTHING to do with a relevant issue of these more modern (by two years) times...D'oh...
now there may be a lesson in there somewhere about false prophets..there might not be..it's all in the eye of the beholder...every STORY has two sides..one's right one's wrong...you get to pick...now Meg Kelly said "every FACT" has two sides...As always she was very wrong about that...

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Garage
I'm not sure where this conversation is going. I was just pointing out that the story was quite some time ago. With all the recent hype about the measles and vaccinations I'm sure it was resurfaced to further someone's agenda. There will ALAWYS be fanatics from BOTH sides of any issue. I try to look for the common ground and build my opinion from there. I have friends at my congregation that are of the "anti-vaccine" persuasion and some that are "pro-vaccine" To each his own. We all have an idea or method on how to BEST raise our children. Whether it's based on biblical principals or righting the wrongs of our own parents to give our children a better life than we had, or whatever we choose to base our decisions on. People are funny, and most of the time I am just sitting back and watching the show. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers chadams.

There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
oh yeah I must have forgotten that anything from 2013 was invalidated because of time..or something...BTW this had NOTHING to do with a relevant issue of these more modern (by two years) times...D'oh...
now there may be a lesson in there somewhere about false prophets..there might not be..it's all in the eye of the beholder...every STORY has two sides..one's right one's wrong...you get to pick...now Meg Kelly said "every FACT" has two sides...As always she was very wrong about that...

Find a way to go ride. I promise it will help

I'm no diplomat
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

The only stories that I've seen that only had two sides were just that...stories.
Life on the other hand is too convoluted to be narrowed down that much.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure where this conversation is going. I was just pointing out that the story was quite some time ago. With all the recent hype about the measles and vaccinations I'm sure it was resurfaced to further someone's agenda. There will ALAWYS be fanatics from BOTH sides of any issue. I try to look for the common ground and build my opinion from there. I have friends at my congregation that are of the "anti-vaccine" persuasion and some that are "pro-vaccine" To each his own. We all have an idea or method on how to BEST raise our children. Whether it's based on biblical principals or righting the wrongs of our own parents to give our children a better life than we had, or whatever we choose to base our decisions on. People are funny, and most of the time I am just sitting back and watching the show. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers chadams.
nice passive/aggressive response...but you did ask what's my point? When it comes to "infectious" diseases...it's a little more than to each his own...the recent "hype"...really..no one has gotten measles recently?
if I hadn't "ruffled" your feathers I believe you would've had a different response in the first place..."So what's your point?" which even to a blind man was obvious...You just didn't like it..still don't...

Last edited by chadams66; 02-08-2015 at 08:53 PM.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

hello Jenny McCarthy....

Men are fallible beings. Don't mistake the actions of man with what the Bible says. Man, by his nature is corrupt and selfish. Jesus pointed this out to the Pharisees on many occasions.
Shame on those pastors who practice self righteousness like the Pharisees.

Back to your regularly scheduled hate now.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 PM

Vaccines do nothing to prevent disease. Just look at Small Pox and Polio.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 10:47 PM

Garage
Well, for the record: 1) MY feathers are not ruffled. 2) I was vaccinated as a child and have vaccinated both of my children. 3) The hype I am speaking of is the crazy media and their actions. I am well aware of the recent outbreaks and their impact on the topic.
4) As for "infectious" diseases, IF you and your loved ones ARE vaccinated against them, then why would it be an issue to be around someone who chooses not to be? And 5) Just because I am a man of faith, live my life according to God's Holy Word and attend religious services with my brothers and sisters PLEASE don't stereotype me with with the "mega church" crowd and their failings. YES, I am human and fall short of God's glory from time to time, but I follow Christ's teachings in the Bible, NOT some money/power hungry nut job with a God complex who speaks false doctrine.
God Bless and ride safe

2011 ADVersys

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
4) As for "infectious" diseases, IF you and your loved ones ARE vaccinated against them, then why would it be an issue to be around someone who chooses not to be? And 5) Just because I am a man of faith, live my life according to God's Holy Word and attend religious services with my brothers and sisters PLEASE don't stereotype me with with the "mega church" crowd and their failings. YES, I am human and fall short of God's glory from time to time, but I follow Christ's teachings in the Bible, NOT some money/power hungry nut job with a God complex who speaks false doctrine.
God Bless and ride safe
I'm assuming then if the topic had been Ebola you would have the exact same response.
I didn't lump anyone in with anyone...You all got lumped either by yourselves or by others...I posted an "old" article...
I didn't jump on anyone's "faith" either...Unless you know and obey all of God's *365 laws it's darn hard not to be a sinner..and end up you know where...
If I said "Allahu Akbar" would you give me the skank eye?

Allahu Akbar and ride safe (no I an't no Muslim..)(<<find the grammatical error)...

* some people have a wonderful ability to be able to pick and choose the "right" laws and disregard the others that evidently no longer apply...Me? I'm not that smart...

Last edited by chadams66; 02-08-2015 at 11:21 PM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 AM

Again I will offer my mediation services free of charge. 66 posted a very relevant article and he did not seem to have a religious stab as he even mentioned the previous playboy model gone legitimate actor Jenny. I think AJ may have responded based on the context and slant of the article which did seem to put a bit of a downer on the church. Both gentlemen supported their case with strong articulation and in relatively good spirit. Bravo!

Last edited by rydbayb; 02-09-2015 at 03:12 AM.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:25 AM
MTS

The Grammy's were on last night!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:56 AM

last sentence from fromChad's almost three year old article (as Jeff points out):
Quote:
And that, children, is why the church run by an anti-vaccination crank is now holding free vaccination clinics in apparent contradiction to the beliefs of said crank. Curiously, there doesn't seem to be any word from Copeland himself; barring other evidence we can only assume that the rest of the church leadership locked him in a nice, sturdy cupboard for a while?
Chad calls out Jeff for being passive agressive. Chad goes on to post a preachy comment about 'false profits' and Megan Kelly. He doesn't get the response he is looking for so Chad comes back after denying he is a passive-aggressive troll, shouting:
Quote:
Allahu Akbar and ride safe (no I an't no Muslim..)(<<find the grammatical error)...
Chada66, go look in the mirror dude.

I'm no diplomat
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I'm trying to get my wife to accept a trip to the BIG BIKE SHOW as a Valentines day date
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Lady Gaga was good. Much better than avg for this generation of music, much of which seems inspired by football cheer leading chants.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 08:07 AM

One crackpot here. Never been injected, never been in hospital, 42 and in much better health than most of my colleagues who've had the shot. That's not to say the shots are the culprit. Daughter hasn't been injected, never been in hospital, yet our family members who've been injected have and their kids are in twice a year at least.

It's bollox. I love the complainers pushing people to be inoculated. If you are your kids have been yet you still get measles or the flu, doesn't that tell you the injection doesn't work. And for those who do receive the shots, have you actually taken the time to ask for the insert from the doctor before you do. It is in fact those parents putting their kids in harms way that don't even bother to read the dangers!

As for the church. Well of course they have measles, that's what measles do. But their immune system is going to be much better by fending it off themselves. As for the ones that have been injected and still get measles, well, i have no comment!

How many kids recently have just died from the shot. Yet the media tries to blame in on those that haven't. Go figure!

"Centers for Disease Control records reveal a startling truth – while no one has died of measles in the U.S. in the last 12 years, 108 have died as a result of the adverse effects of the vaccine in that same time"

And for anyone considering inoculating their child, check VAERS before you do so you can make an informed decision.

Last edited by BKKPhil; 02-09-2015 at 08:16 AM.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Allahu Akbar means God is great..or God is the greatest...now I didn't shout it (that's YOUR perception)..but what if I did..would that be a bad thing because it's in another language..or is it because it's the language of someone who you might not like...Heck that's the reason I put it in there...It was a test...how do you think you scored?
Pointing out a few fallacies here and there gets you called names..hater being the first one out of some peoples mouths...This by people who have "love" in their hearts...I believe Kenneth Copeland is a false prophet..hung on his own petard...Do I hate liars and con-men..sure do...Do I hate people who prey on the weak minded..yup sure do...
For all of you who like your Bible try reading Acts 4:32-35...Oh no..communism redistribution of wealth..right in the Bible...How does this settle with the GOP?

There are some 92 references in the Bible AGAINST rich people or being rich (that means having a lot of money)...Absolutely nothing about God or Jesus wanting you to be rich (happy yes..but not rich...if you think you need to be rich to be happy..........you're in trouble)...AND YET there is a whole political party which is devoted to the rich (wooot..some people will try and deny this..sadly to the peril of their eternal soul) that "christians" belong to...I don't get it..can't they read?

Last edited by chadams66; 02-09-2015 at 03:03 PM.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
I'm trying to get my wife to accept a trip to the BIG BIKE SHOW as a Valentines day date
take her to see 50 shades of grey instead....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode