Got A W-2 From Google - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Got A W-2 From Google

Came in the mail today. The video has done quite well. It's amazing the hatred people have for cops these days.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Came in the mail today. The video has done quite well. It's amazing the hatred people have for cops these days.
Not sure why that's a reason to hate a cop. It would definitely tick me off if he wasted my time like that, but hatred would be a little over the top.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think there is a misunderstanding with this thread.
Joe may need to clarify the W-2 part about this old video.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I didn't pick up on any hatred...but to answer your question...being stopped and harassed for your turn signals and license plate light are not "friendly" experiences from your buddies...they had to pass a law in Washington state to stop the cop harassment (plenty of youtube videos on this)...throw in the big "Libertarian" trend in motorcycling (read: hate ALL gubberment) and you have a nice toxic mix...

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If you read the comments in the comment section when viewed on YouTube. You can see what i'm talking about. I've had to ban more than a few people from comments there.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=zaRWElC4AiU

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-02-2015 at 04:59 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding with this thread.
Joe may need to clarify the W-2 part about this old video.

Got the W-2 because the video is making me over $100.00 a month. I've used that money to pay for A Scala G9, IPod for the GF and a New Helmet and it paid for my FJR's insurance too.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So why is google paying you instead of youtube? Please forgive my ignorance.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
So why is google paying you instead of youtube? Please forgive my ignorance.
Google owns YouTube.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 PM

Thank you sir. Btw did you ever look up the law, to see if the cop was correct?

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Thank you sir. Btw did you ever look up the law, to see if the cop was correct?
He noticed the Admore Light Bar which is perfectly legal. Also thought that i had done something with the Brake Light Lens. On my 09 (and probably the other years also but not sure) The Lens is clear but has red lights when you hit the brakes. I had no issue being pulled over. We saw all the police in the area earlier in the day and knew it could happen. A few weeks earlier a sport bike ran into a couple of bicyclist on "The Snake " in Mulholland that caused quite a stir.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:50 PM

I see. Guess the cop was just sniffing out a hunch. BTW I just watched your road rage video with the Tacoma. I lol'd at your comments during the video.

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I see. Guess the cop was just sniffing out a hunch. BTW I just watched your road rage video with the Tacoma. I lol'd at your comments during the video.

Well there was a lot more but my buddy asked if i could tame it down some. So what you see is the "PG" Version I muted out the best part when we were at the stop light..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-02-2015 at 07:55 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
nice.. i remember finding you befor i got my versys and being part of this forum from that video lol......
glad to hear there paying you so well lol

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
nice.. i remember finding you befor i got my versys and being part of this forum from that video lol......
glad to hear there paying you so well lol

Thanks, It's just that one video. YouTube approached me about Monitizing it. I wish i had a bunch out there worth watching.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
If you read the comments in the comment section when viewed on YouTube. You can see what i'm talking about. I've had to ban more than a few people from comments there.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=zaRWElC4AiU
ok..I went there and read them...some were over the the top..but I agree with most of them..that he used a cheap "excuse" not reason to pull you over..then gave you a bunch of BS about your lighting..claiming "safety" issues...I'm pretty sure you KNOW what he was saying was BUNK...police DO NOT get carte blanche to stop all bikes because of what one did...the dude was a motorcyclist..he knew what he was saying was bunk too..that's called lying..something the police can do to you..but you can't do to them...if you don't think that is somehow infringing on your freedom...........what more can I say?

it seems we as the public can't "profile" the police..but they can profile us..right?

crashes on Mulholland happen every day..as the videos will attest to...that particular video is on a turn where most of the crashes happen...dumb asses always misjudge this corner...bicyclist have no business being over there and in the direct line of fire..well if they have any sense as there's no law against it...

Last edited by chadams66; 02-02-2015 at 08:55 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
ok..I went there and read them...some were over the the top..but I agree with most of them..that he used a cheap "excuse" not reason to pull you over..then gave you a bunch of BS about your lighting..claiming "safety" issues...I'm pretty sure you KNOW what he was saying was BUNK...police DO NOT get carte blanche to stop all bikes because of what one did...the dude was a motorcyclist..he knew what he was saying was bunk too..that's called lying..something the police can do to you..but you can't do to them...if you don't think that is somehow infringing on your freedom...........what more can I say?

it seems we as the public can't "profile" the police..but they can profile us..right?

crashes on Mulholland happen every day..as the videos will attest to...that particular video is on a turn where most of the crashes happen...dumb asses always misjudge this corner...bicyclist have no business being over there and in the direct line of fire..well if they have any sense as there's no law against it...

I get what you are saying. But to me no harm no foul. The guy was polite and didn't give me a ticket. Yes it was a BS stop but it didn't ruin my day. In my younger days i once told a cop i knew my rights. Then i found myself in cuffs, car towed and a butt load of BS tickets. Took it to court paid a lawyer went before a jury and in some parts of the south a cops word is gold. So with the lawyers fees,fines and waste of my time. I find it much easier to let the cop give me a lecture so i can go on down the road.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 11:16 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Thanks, It's just that one video. YouTube approached me about Monitizing it. I wish i had a bunch out there worth watching.
you can monitize all of your videos... but then you also have ads playing all the time..

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I get what you are saying. But to me no harm no foul. The guy was polite and didn't give me a ticket. Yes it was a BS stop but it didn't ruin my day. In my younger days i once told a cop i knew my rights. Then i found myself in cuffs, car towed and a butt load of BS tickets. Took it to court paid a lawyer went before a jury and in some parts of the south a cops word is gold. So with the lawyers fees,fines and waste of my time. I find it much easier to let the cop give me a lecture so i can go on down the road.
got you there...I don't fool with the cops..yes sir..no sir...there's some fine youtube vids of people who did/do...mostly in Arizona for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3dDNPwJTU

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
you can monitize all of your videos... but then you also have ads playing all the time..
Ads ? ... What Ads!
Run Firefox and Adblock Plus + Ghostery... NO ADS on my computers! (sorry Joe)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on making a little $ on your videos. I am trying to convince my wife to start making videos with her hobby. She could easily use the time she spends playing candy crush and words with friends. LOL!

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode