Wow - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Wow

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gymnastics were awesome .. . Glad you got away from that one mate ..

Ignore the Keyboard critics and ride on ..

Ian
Growing Older is Inevitable, Growing Up is Optional.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 AM

The lesson here, this is why you don't want to be in a hurry to be the first person into the intersection.
Yes, the cage blew the light but you have to ask, why did the guy riding beside you make it through the exact same situation that took you out.

Last edited by ray h; 01-31-2015 at 04:46 AM.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wasn't someone here just recently bemoaning red light cameras
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 05:20 AM

WOW is right...I watch a lot of youtube motorcycle crashes. I think it helps to keep me aware. I think the cage and the rider BOTH decided they were going...period , that GO part of their brains took over and no countermanding data fed from anywhere (like the eyes) was good enough to overrule that action. I believe it is a dangerous mind-set on the part of the rider and I have learned to recognize it in myself. I have observed a similar behavior with drivers at a busy intersections governed by a stop sign where the driver seems to have some sort of 'timer'. This is where he will GO either when it is clear to go OR when when his 'timer' runs out...whichever is sooner Watch for these people!

I'm no diplomat
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
the suck of the city

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 AM

If he hadn't taken the hit, those people crossing the street might have straight up died. Crazy.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Wasn't someone here just recently bemoaning red light cameras
And what is a red light camera going to do in this situation? Only provide evidence of the fact. The rider will still be hit. Many who blow through red lights weren't paying attention, and when they notice and feel like trying to stop would place them in the middle of the intersection, they stupidly hit the gas hoping to clear the intersection before the green light traffic enters.

I taught my children that a green light means you can go when you are 100 percent sure all traffic has stopped.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
And what is a red light camera going to do in this situation?
Provide an economic disincentive to engage in self centered behavior. IOW, people tend to behave if they know not doing so will cost them.

Even if this one didn't, at least it would have provided conclusive evidence for who was at fault if the victim wasn't running a video camera of his own.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 09:57 AM

Always a good idea to take a quick pause and look when a light changes.

Did the car bail? Didn't see it later in the video.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Provide an economic disincentive to engage in self centered behavior. IOW, people tend to behave if they know not doing so will cost them.

Even if this one didn't, at least it would have provided conclusive evidence for who was at fault if the victim wasn't running a video camera of his own.
Again, you keep thinking the government is going to keep you safe. Only you can keep you truly safe. This was the car drivers fault, but the rider put himself in harms way. That is thermal answer. Be responsible for your actions, regardless of who is in the right.

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Hey saddle, what if the persons tend to be irresponsible and not apt tp live up to their financial obligations, public and private? How does the traffic camera help? I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just asking the question.

I'm no diplomat
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Again, you keep thinking the government is going to keep you safe. Only you can keep you truly safe. This was the car drivers fault, but the rider put himself in harms way. That is thermal answer. Be responsible for your actions, regardless of who is in the right.
You have a peculiar mindset and love to project thoughts that no one has intimated. No one said the gov't can keep everyone "truly safe." But to extend your line of thinking, nothing would be criminal. I mean, why make it a crime to murder someone, since people will murder other people anyway. Can't have that nanny gov't picking on the bloods and the crips right?
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Yamadog View Post
Hey saddle, what if the persons tend to be irresponsible and not apt tp live up to their financial obligations, public and private? How does the traffic camera help? I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just asking the question.
It's been said that locks are made to keep honest people honest. The same goes for red light cameras. MOST people will normally do the right thing and things like locks and red light tickets are sufficient to keep them on the path of righteousness. There are a small percentage who don't care about consequences or locks, red light fines, or even jail cells. For them, there are no societal rules that will alter their self absorbed behavior.

Based on the video, my guess is the person that hit him was part of the majority of those who normally do the right thing. You'll notice after the accident, they didn't flee the scene. The threat of a fine probably would have been enough to prevent that particular accident.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You guys have your little argument... If i got hit and landed on my feet like that i would be the happiest guy on the planet....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You guys have your little argument... If i got hit and landed on my feet like that i would be the happiest guy on the planet....
You would be happier than the guy who just putted right through the intersection untouched?
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
You would be happier than the guy who just putted right through the intersection untouched?
Sorry but you are not going to pull me into a bitchfest thats seem to be happening way to often on this forum lately...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sorry but you are not going to pull me into a bitchfest thats seem to be happening way to often on this forum lately...
Its winter..we get grumpy..and I have been good

I'm no diplomat
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Yamadog View Post
Its winter..we get grumpy..and I have been good

I understand.....This is the crap I'm having to deal with. ...https://weather.yahoo.com

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 03:34 PM

haha I clicked that. it told it it was sunny and 59 deg outside in Birminggam..actually its 67 deg and sunny..perfectly fine riding weather...waiting on out of town company to arrive, in laws with kids...getting grumpier...

I'm no diplomat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode