Man Made Global Warming Disproved!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
MTS
Member
 
MTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Man Made Global Warming Disproved!!!

End of topic!



http://joannenova.com.au/2012/10/man...ing-disproved/

10-4 roger that over and out!!!!





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MTS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Interesting. The article takes into account how the doubling of c02 will only raise the temperature 1 degrees Celsius, it doesn't address what effect that will have on the planet in general. Especially on the living creatures here. I agree that global warming has become a buzz word, and really is not the central issue. More like a side effect of the real issue. But for whatever reason everyone focuses on global warming.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
Obijack is offline  
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So I take it this forum allows politics and religion to be discussed?

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
Obijack is offline  
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
End of topic!
From your article:

"If there is a planetary imbalance in energy, and Earth is acquiring more heat than it’s losing, we ought to be able to find that heat. Energy can not be created nor destroyed. It has to be somewhere."

From the world of science, it is:

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/o...realized-18139

"Under an international program begun in 2000, and that started producing useful global data in 2005, the world’s warming and acidifying seas have been invisibly filled with thousands of these bobbing instruments."

"Research published Sunday concluded that the upper 2,300 feet of the Southern Hemisphere’s oceans may have warmed twice as quickly after 1970 than had previously been thought."

"Durack and Lawrence Livermore colleagues worked with a Jet Propulsion Laboratory scientist to compare ocean observations with ocean models. They concluded that the upper levels of the planet’s oceans — those of the northern and southern hemispheres combined — had been warming during several decades prior to 2005 at rates that were 24 to 58 percent faster than had previously been realized."

"Seas have risen 8 inches since the industrial revolution, and they continue to rise at a hastening pace, worsening floods and boosting storm surges near shorelines around the world. Another 2 to 7 feet of sea level rise is forecast this century, jeoparizing the homes and neighborhoods of the 5 million Americans who live less than 4 feet above high tide, as well as those of the hundreds of millions living along coastlines in other countries."
saddlebag is offline  
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:00 PM
ggg
Member
 
ggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: south australia
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
End of topic!



http://joannenova.com.au/2012/10/man...ing-disproved/

10-4 roger that over and out!!!!
bring back 2 stroke triples now we know CO2 is not an issue
ggg is offline  
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,279
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
So I take it this forum allows politics and religion to be discussed?
It would much more pleasant if we didn't. Most "discussions" concerning those subjects degenerate into rants and name-calling.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Arion is offline  
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Member
 
lacucaracha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

2014 Versys ABS
lacucaracha is offline  
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
MTS
Member
 
MTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
It would much more pleasant if we didn't. Most "discussions" concerning those subjects degenerate into rants and name-calling.

Agee!

My hope is to let the rads and on both sides see how ranting on a motorcycle forum, trying to get everyone to see the light which of course is thier view on everthing is futile. If they don't see that they can rant on these two threads and the rest of us can go back to the motorcycle forum and enjoy. Nothing worse than some one trying sell they view on things. Sharing a view great! Trying to sell everyone lol stupid and jams up the forum!







To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MTS is offline  
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Agee!

My hope is to let the rads and on both sides see how ranting on a motorcycle forum, trying to get everyone to see the light which of course is thier view on everthing is futile. If they don't see that they can rant on these two threads and the rest of us can go back to the motorcycle forum and enjoy. Nothing worse than some one trying sell they view on things. Sharing a view great! Trying to sell everyone lol stupid and jams up the forum!

Who keeps posting threads about it?

Who not only posted about it, but trolled the group by insisting that a conclusion reached nearly unanimously by the highly educated people qualified to come to such conclusions is false and fat, old, redfaced men who rant and rave on am radio and Fox News for a living are correct because they said so?
saddlebag is offline  
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Stud Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mantua, New Jersey
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just saw $1.95/gal gas on my way to work today!! Bet the Prius crowd is pissed now...
Stud Muffin is offline  
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
MTS
Member
 
MTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
From your article:

"If there is a planetary imbalance in energy, and Earth is acquiring more heat than it’s losing, we ought to be able to find that heat. Energy can not be created nor destroyed. It has to be somewhere."

From the world of science, it is:

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/o...realized-18139

"Under an international program begun in 2000, and that started producing useful global data in 2005, the world’s warming and acidifying seas have been invisibly filled with thousands of these bobbing instruments."

"Research published Sunday concluded that the upper 2,300 feet of the Southern Hemisphere’s oceans may have warmed twice as quickly after 1970 than had previously been thought."

"Durack and Lawrence Livermore colleagues worked with a Jet Propulsion Laboratory scientist to compare ocean observations with ocean models. They concluded that the upper levels of the planet’s oceans — those of the northern and southern hemispheres combined — had been warming during several decades prior to 2005 at rates that were 24 to 58 percent faster than had previously been realized."

"Seas have risen 8 inches since the industrial revolution, and they continue to rise at a hastening pace, worsening floods and boosting storm surges near shorelines around the world. Another 2 to 7 feet of sea level rise is forecast this century, jeoparizing the homes and neighborhoods of the 5 million Americans who live less than 4 feet above high tide, as well as those of the hundreds of millions living along coastlines in other countries."
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Who keeps posting threads about it?

Who not only posted about it, but trolled the group by insisting that a conclusion reached nearly unanimously by the highly educated people qualified to come to such conclusions is false and fat, old, redfaced men who rant and rave on am radio and Fox News for a living are correct because they said so?
Tell me more.....leaning toward your way of thought on this issue. Also I don't like a loud fat man, who is this fat man you speak of and his part in the global warming? Don't hold back saddlebags, tell us how you feel about this issue! And what aggravates you the most?





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MTS is offline  
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Member
 
kenr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The wet part of Oregon
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
End of topic!



http://joannenova.com.au/2012/10/man...ing-disproved/

10-4 roger that over and out!!!!
Enjoy your visit from the IRS this year.
kenr74 is offline  
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Tell me more.....leaning toward your way of thought on this issue. Also I don't like a loud fat man, who is this fat man you speak of and his part in the global warming? Don't hold back saddlebags, tell us how you feel about this issue! And what aggravates you the most?
I think I trust scientists to do and disseminate science more than I trust right wing political hacks who pretend they can.

I don't care if the world is governed by people too self centered to do anything about it. World is going to end sooner or later no matter what humans do. Indian say no day a good day to die...today as good as any.

I don't mind off topic posts or posts that counter scientific consensus. I do mind the type of brain washing tactics used by right wing political hacks...like "Man Made Global Warming Disproved." If it does get disproved at some point, it won't be because Rush Limbaugh screamed that Al Gore is evil. It will be the result of clever scientists developing experiments or models that can demonstrate why the current knowledge on the subject is flawed.
saddlebag is offline  
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Member
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,342
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
This argument reminds me of the smoking causes cancer debate. For years tobacco companies secretly funded pseudo research organisations to claim smoking did not cause cancer or other health problems. This strategy worked as it made us question doctors and it took 25 years for this scientifically proven fact to become accepted fact in the minds of the population.

You won't find an accredited academic in related fields of study anywhere who thinks man made air pollution is not to blame for climate change just as you won't find one who will dispute gravity.

Some of us are good at lying to ourselves too when we don't like the truth. This is why superstitions like a magical all knowing, all seeing man and his son living in the sky still persist.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-12-2015 at 07:49 PM.
twowheels is offline  
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Member
 
chadams66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Garden Home, Oregon
Posts: 1,139
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
This argument reminds me of the smoking causes cancer debate. For years tobacco companies secretly funded pseudo research organisations to claim smoking did not cause cancer or other health problems. This strategy worked as it made us question doctors and it took 25 years for this scientifically proven fact to become accepted fact in the minds of the population.

You won't find an accredited academic in related fields of study anywhere who thinks man made air pollution is not to blame for climate change just as you won't find one who will dispute gravity.

Some of us are good at lying to ourselves too when we don't like the truth. This is why superstitions like a magical all knowing, all seeing man and his son living in the sky still persist.
enlightened thinking in Canada.. we all know the universe is control by a big spagetti monster in the sky...join the Pastafarians and learn the real truth..the real threat is that planet Nibiru...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fq37g1ncNw

chadams66 is offline  
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As long as Algore's monthly electric bill is $3,000 I don't think I will worry.
waltermitty is offline  
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Member
 
lacucaracha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I think I trust scientists to do and disseminate science more than I trust right wing political hacks who pretend they can.

I don't care if the world is governed by people too self centered to do anything about it. World is going to end sooner or later no matter what humans do. Indian say no day a good day to die...today as good as any.

I don't mind off topic posts or posts that counter scientific consensus. I do mind the type of brain washing tactics used by right wing political hacks...like "Man Made Global Warming Disproved." If it does get disproved at some point, it won't be because Rush Limbaugh screamed that Al Gore is evil. It will be the result of clever scientists developing experiments or models that can demonstrate why the current knowledge on the subject is flawed.
This.

2014 Versys ABS
lacucaracha is offline  
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
They have the theory they just can't get the model to work.
waltermitty is offline  
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Member
 
IanThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm not one to get into these type of debates, but look at the current CO2 levels and the historic CO2 levels going back millions of years. It's impossible to argue that we have an enormous impact. If you don't believe that CO2 levels have a direct impact on global climate.. well you're wrong. The truth is that the climate historically fluctuates and that can be proven by looking at ice core samples, fossil evidence, and other geological data. The real issue is the rate of change. At this point the global climate has changed 0.8° c since 1880, which may not sound like a lot, but 2/3rds of that warming happened since 1975. That is significant. I think you should look at some of the data from NASA's Goddard institute for space studies (GISS), and learn how a one degree change in GLOBAL temps will affect ocean temps therefore change climate. There is a lot more to it than saying "well in 120 years it has only changed less than 1°c, so who cares it makes no difference if it 25°c or 26°c outside". I think you should properly educate yourself before you say "its a hoax, can't be true its cold as hell outside".

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
IanThomas is offline  
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Member
 
IanThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
yeah that's normal....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CO2levels.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	58938  

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
IanThomas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome