FML thread - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
FML thread

Ever wake up and just have one if those days right off the bat were you just say f*#% my life?
I do quite often to be honest but I also like to laugh at them afterwards.
Here's one to start the thread off
Woke up 2am(quite normal) made coffee and came back half hour later and nothing. .. Machine was unplugged... Oh well plugged it in came back another half hour later went to make the cup of now made coffee and no jars washed a jar filled it with coffee and started to go back to my room and had a muscle spasm and dropped it ;( at this point I'm annoyed so I try to watch some TV and nothing on. Grrrrr. Go to play piano tiles on phone ( fun game) and phone fights me so I in a pissed mood toss my phone onto the table and it bounced to the corner of the table and the screen shatters... FML!!!!!
I just got this phone a few months ago ;( gorilla glass 3rd gen still can't stand up to the fox... After medicating and calming down I put packing tape over it it is still working so let's see how long it lasts......
Heck this was typed on it with only one typeo
Give us one of your FML moment

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So you have sleeping isuses and first thing you do is go get coffee?

I don't sleep well either, some alcohol will help me sleep but I have to be carefull with how much I have, or it will have the opposite effect and make me wake up in the middle of the nigth. Benedril also helps me sleep, but it does nothign about the anxiety, and it sucks feeling the stuff kick in while I'm anxious.

FML moment? I got a small laptop for my moto trips, it was an HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11. I got the model with a dual core 1Ghz A4 APU, not the one with the 4 core, 1.6ghz A6 APU, and it was slow as molasses, hated it. After a while I decided to upgrade it, APU is soldered into the motherboard, so I had to get the whole motherboard with the A6. Lots of research later, part numbers, cross references, I had the right motherboard. I went on to install it, everything went well until I turn it on: "fan error", and the fan wouldn't work. I assumed I had got a bad motherboard, so I filed a complain with the seller. Then I went to put back in the old motherboard, so I could prove the seller that the fan did work...

Guess what? "Fan error". Turns out that the only connector that could be plugged in backwards was the fan connector. It didn't quite fit, but it was made out of very cheap plastic and it was very small, hard to tell you were forcing it. I don't know if I screwed up the fan or the motherboards, but at that point, buying more parts would be just throwing good money after bad. Salvaged the RAM, which now lives in my mom's laptop, and the HDD that is now used in a USB 3.0 housing and threw the laptop away.

And then I closed the complain with the seller, had to swallow my pride and explain I had ****ed up two motherboards. I hate my tablet, it just can't replace a computer on the go.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 03:02 PM

sitting in the Seattle police car..handcuffed..riding "downtown" to jail..I'll get out in two years...what for you ask? I had an ounce of pot..which besides being worth a big 10 bucks at the time was also good for 5 to twenty behind bars...I actually had one hell of a lot of FML moments in those next two years...
Did I mention I was on LSD on that ride? at least the lights were "pretty"...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
During single-engine jet training in the RCAF (MANY years back...), we were ONLY to do aerobatic maneuvres that we'd been 'checked-out' to do.

Flying 'dual' w/ my instructor he 'cleared' me for solo spins, loops and barrel-rolls, then, as it was on the NEXT lesson plan, demonstrated a "half-roll-and-pull-through" (essentially - from the very top portion of a loop to the straight-and-level at the bottom). At this point in training I was NOT 'automatic' at "unusual attitude recoveries" - essentially how to recover if you suddenly found yourself pointing UP or DOWN accidentally....

Back at base I dutifully wrote entry speeds, power settings, etc down for the authorized three (ANY instructor could ask for this card, and IF you had directions for anything NOT authorized you were in DEEP sh*t), then went for a solo hour of spins, etc.

My instructor had shown me that you became MUCH better IF you practiced 10,000' higher than the 'norm', as it gave you a much finer touch on the controls, so I was at 25,000' (local rules were that if you were NOT in a recoverable position or attitude by 10,000' AGL - 12,000' MSL at Moose Jaw, my training base - then you were to eject.

At that altitude I could practice everything and STILL have sufficient 'air under my *ss' to spin left, recover, spin right, recover, and be ABOVE THE 12,000 at the end.

Everything was going well, so I thought - "Let's try a half-roll-and-pull-through". I looked at the card which said (for a roll) power of 94% to Max Continuous, speed of 250K to max.... I had 94% power, speed about 250, altitude 25,000....

I rolled inverted, then started "pulling my nose through" .......

My airspeed IMMEDIATELY started climbing, my altitude began unwinding....

I knew that IF I pulled TOO hard I could "pull the wings off", so I focused on the "G" meter and 'pegged' it at the maximum (6.5 I think...), NEVER once remembering to close the throttle OR POP the speed brakes as the Tutor trainer SCREAMED down towards the rapidly approaching wheat-fields!

I recovered at 10,000' MSL (meaning that IF I'd done this stupidity at 15,000 like most guys did, I would have hit the ground at around 400 knots, around 60 degrees nose-down, not leaving any big pieces of the plane OR ME, for the accident board to try to find the cause of the crash...), shaking like a leaf....

I went back to the base, joined the circuit, and called for a 'full-stop' landing, then went and "changed my shorts"....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
During single-engine jet training in the RCAF (MANY years back...), we were ONLY to do aerobatic maneuvres that we'd been 'checked-out' to do.

Flying 'dual' w/ my instructor he 'cleared' me for solo spins, loops and barrel-rolls, then, as it was on the NEXT lesson plan, demonstrated a "half-roll-and-pull-through" (essentially - from the very top portion of a loop to the straight-and-level at the bottom). At this point in training I was NOT 'automatic' at "unusual attitude recoveries" - essentially how to recover if you suddenly found yourself pointing UP or DOWN accidentally....

Back at base I dutifully wrote entry speeds, power settings, etc down for the authorized three (ANY instructor could ask for this card, and IF you had directions for anything NOT authorized you were in DEEP sh*t), then went for a solo hour of spins, etc.

My instructor had shown me that you became MUCH better IF you practiced 10,000' higher than the 'norm', as it gave you a much finer touch on the controls, so I was at 25,000' (local rules were that if you were NOT in a recoverable position or attitude by 10,000' AGL - 12,000' MSL at Moose Jaw, my training base - then you were to eject.

At that altitude I could practice everything and STILL have sufficient 'air under my *ss' to spin left, recover, spin right, recover, and be ABOVE THE 12,000 at the end.

Everything was going well, so I thought - "Let's try a half-roll-and-pull-through". I looked at the card which said (for a roll) power of 94% to Max Continuous, speed of 250K to max.... I had 94% power, speed about 250, altitude 25,000....

I rolled inverted, then started "pulling my nose through" .......

My airspeed IMMEDIATELY started climbing, my altitude began unwinding....

I knew that IF I pulled TOO hard I could "pull the wings off", so I focused on the "G" meter and 'pegged' it at the maximum (6.5 I think...), NEVER once remembering to close the throttle OR POP the speed brakes as the Tutor trainer SCREAMED down towards the rapidly approaching wheat-fields!

I recovered at 10,000' MSL (meaning that IF I'd done this stupidity at 15,000 like most guys did, I would have hit the ground at around 400 knots, around 60 degrees nose-down, not leaving any big pieces of the plane OR ME, for the accident board to try to find the cause of the crash...), shaking like a leaf....

I went back to the base, joined the circuit, and called for a 'full-stop' landing, then went and "changed my shorts"....

I understood about 1/12 of this post lmao.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
I got the "he sh*t his pants" part...

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 10:26 PM
MTS

Great stories guys, and I understood your story Eddie!

Condensed story!

Stressed out so time to take black lab for walk on river. Dog wonders out on ice and falls through. Drag huge log out on ice and also go through ice, half way out, hang on to log and fight so not to go under ice. Continue out log to dog just as she was going under ice. Drag dog across ice and open water crawling on slippery log, back to shore. Back blown out and shaking! No words to explain!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
Just a LOT of words to describe... STUPIDITY...!

AND I lived thru it! Damned lucky...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Great stories guys, and I understood your story Eddie!

Condensed story!

Stressed out so time to take black lab for walk on river. Dog wonders out on ice and falls through. Drag huge log out on ice and also go through ice, half way out, hang on to log and fight so not to go under ice. Continue out log to dog just as she was going under ice. Drag dog across ice and open water crawling on slippery log, back to shore. Back blown out and shaking! No words to explain!
two words to explain: Dumb Dog
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 04:02 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
two words to explain: Dumb Dog
Correct!

She was old and would never had done that in younger years and more aware! But she was my girl and I loved her, as she struggle against the current in the small hole of broken ice she never took her eyes off me! I couldn't let her go down. I almost paid the ultimate price myself.

My mom who is long dead now heard about it and was so mad at me. A week later a guy died trying to rescue his Golden Retriever in Seatle. Good Lord!

Level of understanding......

Dog Lovers! ........Yup!

Non-Dog Lover.... You are a dum sh#$! Never put you own life on the line!

I get both! What would you have done?

She lived for five more years and died at the ripe age of 17 and a half years old! Unfortunately I think it took about five years off my life! LOL

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Correct!

She was old and would never had done that in younger years and more aware! But she was my girl and I loved her, as she struggle against the current in the small hole of broken ice she never took her eyes off me! I couldn't let her go down. I almost paid the ultimate price myself.

My mom who is long dead now heard about it and was so mad at me. A week later a guy died trying to rescue his Golden Retriever in Seatle. Good Lord!

Level of understanding......

Dog Lovers! ........Yup!

Non-Dog Lover.... You are a dum sh#$! Never put you own life on the line!

I get both! What would you have done?

She lived for five more years and died at the ripe age of 17 and a half years old! Unfortunately I think it took about five years off my life! LOL
I'm hip...I'll drown before my dumb assed dog does...

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The AVERAGE dog would rather die than let down it's mate & my dog is welcome more places than I am.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Unfortunately I think it took about five years off my life! LOL
MTS - you WON'T know till your "time's up", but I HOPE not...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
MTS - you WON'T know till your "time's up", but I HOPE not...!
Thanks Eddie, me too! BTW -12F this morning!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode