Drink Driving - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Drink Driving

One of the most powerful Drink Driving ads to date.. This is still a large problem in our culture and the impacts that are left for the family after are lifelong..

Please don't Drink & Drive and make sure you SHARE this video to continue spreading the awareness!

>> WARNING << Contains graphic scenes...

NZ and Australia have real issues with drink driving especially around the summer holiday Christmas period

No Video

No Video

Last edited by kiwi 41; 11-25-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Important message Kiwi. Thanks for sharing.

After many years of strong campaigning we have made gains and reduced the death toll from drunk driving in Canada. Only now to be met with Distracted Driving. This year, for the first time, cell phone use has passed alcohol impairment as the leading cause of traffic fatalities here. Hang up and drive folks, please.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
just more reasons im glad im not a drinker @ 8y/o my step father chose to drive drunk and hit a 4 foot tall brick wall at 50+mph and i was sent head first thru the windshield and had to have the window cut away from around me and am forever pertinently scared from it.....
if your going to drink, call a cab, a friend /family member, or walk
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 PM

I'm not advocating drunk driving - but ...............

I have zero doubt the statistics reported re; drunk driving are misleading.

If an individual who has had a few drinks is rear ended by a dingbat fussing with her hair in the mirror, or a truck with poorly maintained brakes and moron at the wheel, the accident will be recorded as "alcohol related".

This is true in a great number of accidents where people are "over" the absurdly low limits and the supposed impairment had absolutely nothing to do with the accident.

Just sayin'... Statistics are only as good as the methodology used to gather them and our wisdom in interpreting them.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 09:00 PM

Drinking and driving or drunk driving, not drink driving lol. Are you drink typing?

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
Drinking and driving or drunk driving, not drink driving lol. Are you drink typing?
In Ireland it's called "drink driving", not "drunk driving".

I picked up the expression from my Irish wife.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 AM

Drunk driving is a slippery topic. Research has been made that people injesting minor amounts of alchohol (a glass of wine, a pint of stout) are far more careful behind the wheel than sober ones. It Russia there is zero tolerance for alchohol in the blood - even the residue from yesterday's party detected in either breath or the blood is enough to deprive you of driving license permanently.

I am all against stoned people driving - they are like grenades with no pin in my opinion. What I'm saying is the law should deal less in absolutes. If a person had some wine or beer at 5 o'click and ate something, it's pointless to accuse him of drunk driving at aroud 9pm. Yet they do, if the poor sod's breath betrays a hint of a scent. And once they do - it's over.

Carpe Diem
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei View Post
Drunk driving is a slippery topic.
I am all against stoned people driving - they are like grenades with no pin in my opinion. What I'm saying is the law should deal less in absolutes. If a person had some wine or beer at 5 o'click and ate something, it's pointless to accuse him of drunk driving at aroud 9pm. Yet they do, if the poor sod's breath betrays a hint of a scent. And once they do - it's over.
They are not going to get accused unless there is reason to pill them over. If there is reason to pull them over, then the impairment will be considered the cause.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan View Post
I'm not advocating drunk driving - but ...............

I have zero doubt the statistics reported re; drunk driving are misleading.

If an individual who has had a few drinks is rear ended by a dingbat fussing with her hair in the mirror, or a truck with poorly maintained brakes and moron at the wheel, the accident will be recorded as "alcohol related".

This is true in a great number of accidents where people are "over" the absurdly low limits and the supposed impairment had absolutely nothing to do with the accident.

Just sayin'... Statistics are only as good as the methodology used to gather them and our wisdom in interpreting them.
Sure sounds like you are defending it to me. If people would realize the seriousness of driving in full control of your vehicle there would be much fewer wrecks on the road. People follow too close and then make excuses for it when they rear end the guy in front of them. People don't keep their cars in safe working order, don't pay attention, are in a hurry, etc.

There is no excuse for driving under the influence of anything regardless of the statistics.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It is illegal to talk on cell phone or txt while driving in NZ

Last edited by kiwi 41; 11-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

There is no excuse for driving under the influence of anything regardless of the statistics.
+1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Our law on driving limit is changing in a few days, above 400 it is a criminal charge, between 250 to 400 you will now get a good fine and lose 50 points off your licence, once you get to 100 you automatically lose license for 3 months, the demerit points sit for 2 years.

From December 1, the alcohol limit will lower from 400 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath, to 250mcg for drivers over 20. The blood alcohol limit will reduce from 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100ml of blood, to 50mg
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:44 PM
MTS

You said drink "driving". I had one of those drinks one time and it was full of 151 rum. I could hardly walk!

Dam right they shouldn't serve that dam "driving"! The other one is the "pile driver". Hole [email protected]# that dam drink will kill you instantly!

The one that got me was 15 "slammers" in a row. I blacked out and wrecked my truck in the drive way?

At the age of 23yrs I did no more drinking, or drugs! Life is GOOD hell its GREAT!

Good luck with your "driving" but I'd stay away from it!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I Only Drink For The View!!

5dfc76a0bf8ba1c7bb811677b43558c9cadcb091f223905b24 59e05ce4bac07d by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
MTS

+1

Good Lord!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 12:13 AM

Me too ....
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
They are not going to get accused unless there is reason to pill them over. If there is reason to pull them over, then the impairment will be considered the cause.
There is NO reason not to pull anyone over. Coppers do it all the time here in Australia.

In NSW they will set up on the side of the road or an outside lane and just pull every one over in large blocks. Some of these Breath testing "Booze Patrols" can have 15-20 cars at a time. They sometimes also have Police on side streets before and after the line up to catch the dodgers who suspiciously pull off the road when they see lights.

This has been going on for like 20 years here.

They can also do roadside drug swabs.

Pretty much if you drink and drive it's not if, but when are you going to get busted.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan View Post
Me too ....
I thought this was one of those feel good posters... then I saw it was a Beer ad!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Sure sounds like you are defending it to me. If people would realize the seriousness of driving in full control of your vehicle there would be much fewer wrecks on the road. People follow too close and then make excuses for it when they rear end the guy in front of them. People don't keep their cars in safe working order, don't pay attention, are in a hurry, etc.

Are you saying there should not be a legal limit? Any amount of alcohol is too much?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 AM
RMS

Thank you,, KIWI 41
Today I will go to put fresh Fall flowers on Karen And David`s graves, Judy and Mrs Davis are buried to far away All 4 were killed by a drunk driver on this day.
04/24/1970
Are you saying there should not be a legal limit? Any amount of alcohol is too much?
I think that the Law`s need to be fair,, But verry serious !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode