Car Shopping Is Over!!!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Car Shopping Is Over!!!!!

Went out today to get the oldest boy the Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. But it would take about 2 months to get because it would need to be a special order with what he wants. So we went to see his cousin that works at BMW...

Heres what caught my eye.....

20141020_185401 by weljo2001, on Flickr

20141020_185416 by weljo2001, on Flickr

So we got him this 535D M Sport...

20141020_195516 by weljo2001, on Flickr

20141020_195533 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-20-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That i8 is pretty sweet looking!

I like his shopping technique..."Hey dad, I really want the $140K car. Oh, it's too much? OK I guess the $90K one will do."

Lucky kid to have such a generous dad. Congratulations on your success that you can help him buy a great car!

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
That i8 is pretty sweet looking!

I like his shopping technique..."Hey dad, I really want the $140K car. Oh, it's too much? OK I guess the $90K one will do."

Lucky kid to have such a generous dad. Congratulations on your success that you can help him buy a great car!

He wanted a truck or suv when he started his search. But everything he wanted was a special order. He had decided on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition with a Diesel Engine but it would take 2 months to get and i wasn't going to pay close to $60,000.00 before taxes on a Jeep. So he just happened to get a call from his cousin that just got transferred to a BMW dealership he still wanted an suv but after test driving the car it was all over. We were paying cash so we got a smoking deal. Price was $66,000.00 before taxes. We got it for $52,000.00 So after taxes and everything it was 60 thousand and some change.

He's a good kid. He works and goes to school and doesn't get into any trouble. I don't have any children but both her sons treat me like a father.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-21-2014 at 01:22 PM.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 01:23 PM

Damn dude i'll call you dad too......

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
Damn dude i'll call you dad too......

Well now how cute is mom..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
He wanted a truck or suv when he started his search. But everything he wanted was a special order. He had decided on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition with a Diesel Engine but it would take 2 months to get and i wasn't going to pay close to $60,000.00 before taxes on a Jeep. So he just happened to get a call from his cousin that just got transferred to a BMW dealership he still wanted an suv but after test driving the car it was all over. We were paying cash so we got a smoking deal. Price was $66,000.00 before taxes. We got it for $52,000.00 So after taxes and everything it was 60 thousand and some change.

He's a good kid. He works and goes to school and doesn't get into any trouble. I don't have any children but both her sons treat me like a father.
Sounds like a screamin' deal! That's rad

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
****...... what a spoiled ****.....xD
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM

granted i may be a little jealous, I'm also glad my parents never bought me something like that. for many reasons also to include: no matter how humble he may be, he will be treated differently because of what he drives.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
granted i may be a little jealous, I'm also glad my parents never bought me something like that. for many reasons also to include: no matter how humble he may be, he will be treated differently because of what he drives.
I'm sorry but that is complete BS. If your parents had bougyt you a car like that then you would yave jumped on it in a second. Anybody would, or should.
If a person can lay out that kind of $ in cash for a car, then my guess is that the people they are accosiating with will look at that car as completly normal.
My parents laid out cash for me on my first car. Granted it was less than $1k but that is normal for my area friends, and I was extremly grateful for that.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
I'm sorry but that is complete BS. If your parents had bougyt you a car like that then you would yave jumped on it in a second. Anybody would, or should.
If a person can lay out that kind of $ in cash for a car, then my guess is that the people they are accosiating with will look at that car as completly normal.
My parents laid out cash for me on my first car. Granted it was less than $1k but that is normal for my area friends, and I was extremly grateful for that.

You nailed it. He's Asian the entire family are doctors,lawyers,business owners. His friends all do well. Once he finishes school he'll be raking in the bucks also. He's put in the work and has done everything we have asked of him so deserves the car.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Adopt me!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Adopt me!

Well me and the boys have a deal worked out. When i get old and senile they have to change my diapers..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 PM
MTS

Cool car!

Well done!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:08 PM

60k on your stepson's first car? really? regardless of wealth, we live in dramatically different regions!

Last edited by fraz; 10-23-2014 at 10:10 PM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz View Post
60k on your stepson's first car? really? regardless of wealth, we live in dramatically different regions!
Not his first car by a long shot. He had a few old beaters to start with. Then i gave him my Nissan Xterra when i started riding the Versys. I rarely drive a car around the Los Angeles area. The Xterra got totaled in a accident that wasn't his fault. He wanted another one so he bought a high mileage Xterra he puts an easy 20,000 miles a year with his job and school on a car. That Xterra is just starting to have too many issues so we wanted him to get something that would last and he wouldn't need to upgrade for awhile. It's got the diesel engine so his gas mileage is great. With the service warranties and extended warranties. He doesn't have to pay for any maintenance for 100,000 miles the car is covered bumper to bumper for 7 years or 100,000 miles.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Well me and the boys have a deal worked out. When i get old and senile they have to change my diapers..
lol - nice
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post

No BS

oh course I would have then. Now, many years later with a life of experience behind me and understanding how the world works a little bit better I am thankful now that I had to buy all my own all the way.

meanwhile i went to school with kids whose parents bought them brand new bmw's, lexus', even porsches. After a number of class reunions I feel that I am better for it.

and no, not everyones situation is the same, I merely spoke to MY situation.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
No BS

oh course I would have then. Now, many years later with a life of experience behind me and understanding how the world works a little bit better I am thankful now that I had to buy all my own all the way.

meanwhile i went to school with kids whose parents bought them brand new bmw's, lexus', even porsches. After a number of class reunions I feel that I am better for it.

and no, not everyones situation is the same, I merely spoke to MY situation.

To clarify, He not a teenager he's 29. But he has watched most of his friends giving everything and pissed it all away and are bums. He's put off a lot for all the schooling he has to do. All along always working full time. He works nights so yesterday after work he helped me install a new toilet then he took me to lunch. I hate spoiled kids i grew up working for everything i ever got and he has been employed right out of high school. I don't give things away, They have to be earned. He has earned this car twice over.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
To clarify, He not a teenager he's 29. But he has watched most of his friends giving everything and pissed it all away and are bums. He's put off a lot for all the schooling he has to do. All along always working full time. He works nights so yesterday after work he helped me install a new toilet then he took me to lunch. I hate spoiled kids i grew up working for everything i ever got and he has been employed right out of high school. I don't give things away, They have to be earned. He has earned this car twice over.
bravo
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
He had some extras added on so the car was delivered today..

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode