BMW M4 Smokes Sport Bike - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
BMW M4 Smokes Sport Bike

On 10/19/2014...Heading out to check on the progress of the new shop we are opening in Riverside. A BMW M4 smokes a guy on a sportsbike on the 91E just before the 5. My girlfriend couldn't believe there were no cops in the area. There are usually several cop cars pulling people over in that strip of road. The bike caught up to the car when they had to slow down for traffic. But once they had room the BMW took off and left him again...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRb...ature=youtu.be

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The only way a M4 could smoke a sport bike is the bike didn't know they were racing. An average Jap 600cc sport bike will do the quarter in the 10s and top out around 160. The M4 can't even match it in top end and is about 3 seconds slower in the quarter.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
The only way a M4 could smoke a sport bike is the bike didn't know they were racing. An average Jap 600cc sport bike will do the quarter in the 10s and top out around 160. The M4 can't even match it in top end and is about 3 seconds slower in the quarter.

Found out it was a 6 series not a 4..Whatever i saw the BMW beat that bikes ass....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 AM

A few cars can beat a sportbike top end but no car can match a sportbike under 120 mph. I have a couple of local Viper drivers I like to humiliate.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
A few cars can beat a sportbike top end but no car can match a sportbike under 120 mph. I have a couple of local Viper drivers I like to humiliate.

We were at the dodge /jeep dealership yesterday. Glanced at the vipers. I don't think i could get one leg in that thing... We bought the boy a car from the bmw dealership that the car in the video had a tag from i showed the sales manager the video. He said that that color tag only goes to certain customers.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-21-2014 at 01:16 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My Versys caused quite a stir with a '14 Corvette owner. He was breaking loose at every shift trying to keep up with me and I wasn't even hitting the rev limiter. Had I been on my Concours he would have been humiliated.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 AM

They had a Top Gear video McLaren, Porsche and Ducatti. Duck ate 'em both until it hit the rev limiter at 190+. With good riding the Versys will take most Corvettes in the 1/4 mile. There are some out there like Z06s and such that are faster. The Versys probably won't quite make 120 but the stock C6 will do 190 so once you hit the open road they are gone.

Last edited by waltermitty; 10-22-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode