Could Have Been Killed Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Could Have Been Killed Today

Was watching the big rig just miss the cones on the road and i just noticed the Guy holding the stop sign at the last second. Don't know why but i pull off the road onto the shoulder. Not something i would normally due but glad i did and will do from now on. Seconds later a Dodge Pick-Up blows right by me when he was suppose to stop. If i hadn't been on the shoulder of the road. Things would have been very bad for me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ax...SSyPVjUdRIRZdQ

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You weren't supposed to stop at all. There was no reason to have you stop there either. Sign guy on the other shoulder had a slow sign for the opposing traffic only... As far as the Dodge truck was concerned, you're just a motorcyclist that pulled over, so he drove by at a very reasonable pace without any real drama. You finally realized you could ride on once you turned your music off. You need to be more alert and aware, or you will get killed for real with some nice background music.

Last edited by invader; 10-07-2014 at 03:08 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Invader is right
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:16 AM

Yeah, it's tough love... I'm just looking out for you, buddy. Your riding antics have me very concerned.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Invader is right
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Yeah, it's tough love... I'm just looking out for you, buddy. Your riding antics have me very concerned.
Agreed.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Shaking my head. Sign guy was on the opposite side of the road.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 AM

I'd have to agree with that sign only applying to the oncoming traffic, and since construction zones tend to be a confluence of the many levels of stupid, I would have been on a much higher level of awareness any way.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have to disagree with you. If you noticed the sign guy moved to the middle of the road where he should have been after the truck passed.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-07-2014 at 10:03 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM

whatever happened, glad you are safe.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Better safe than squished! Aside from the construction, it looked like a pretty cool road and nice day too..
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
One sign is used for both directions of travel only when there is one lane available. Traffic from one direction has to stop to allow traffic from the other direction through, and vise versa. With both lanes allowed to go through, why would the guy stop the traffic except to let a dump truck out, in which case he might have to stop both lanes if the dump truck is taking a left.
Glad you are OK, but that pickup truck did not need to stop.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
almost died is a bit extreme there at most id say i almost got hit by a retard
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
One sign is used for both directions of travel only when there is one lane available. Traffic from one direction has to stop to allow traffic from the other direction through, and vise versa. With both lanes allowed to go through, why would the guy stop the traffic except to let a dump truck out, in which case he might have to stop both lanes if the dump truck is taking a left.
Glad you are OK, but that pickup truck did not need to stop.

Not sure...But what you guys couldn't hear on the video was him radioing ahead to let them know the pick-up went through.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
almost died is a bit extreme there at most id say i almost got hit by a retard

"Could Have" If i had not moved to the side and he hit me while i'm at a dead stop and him going let be conservative and say 30mph. What do you think your chances would be??

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I have to disagree with you. If you noticed the sign guy moved to the middle of the road where he should have been after the truck passed.
When he moved to the middle of the road he set up behind you as not to impede
your movement. I would not of stopped.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 PM

I wouldn't have stopped there either. The sign guy should've been in the middle of the road.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
"Could Have" If i had not moved to the side and he hit me while i'm at a dead stop and him going let be conservative and say 30mph. What do you think your chances would be??
i think if you hadnt moved over the guy would have stopped. but regardless glad you DIDNT get hit and alls well that ends well right?. and i have been rear-ended on a bike at a stop and was estimated the driver was going 35-40 mph and yah wasnt fun but am still alive, bike on the other paw is not...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i think if you hadnt moved over the guy would have stopped. but regardless glad you DIDNT get hit and alls well that ends well right?. and i have been rear-ended on a bike at a stop and was estimated the driver was going 35-40 mph and yah wasnt fun but am still alive, bike on the other paw is not...
I think its every riders nightmare to be hit from behind while stopped.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 08:11 AM

I wonder if there's a Dodge truck forum where a guy's posted a dashcam video of a motorcycle pulling over in front of him and he's labeled it something like "Is This Guy Drunk Or High?".

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode