Popup ads on this site - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Popup ads on this site

Does anyone else find the highlighted words that popup an ad on this site annoying?

I've been trying to avoid any sites that use this technology, but with a little googling found out yoou can disable it.

Here's how:
Point at one of the words, but don't click on it. When the ad opens, click on the question mark in the upper right-hand corner.
When the page opens look for the tab named Disable, select it..
Click "Click here to disable."

Refresh the page, and voila!, the ads no longer pop-up...

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:52 PM

I don't get those on this forum

I would however like to disable advertisements tab on the right with google ads.
Is that possible?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM

its a two edged sword disabling ads

yes they can be a pain, but unless this site goes subscription only then there can be a shortfall in income to cover the running costs of the site.

unless the site owner is a sugar daddy prepared to fund or carry that cost, or can stuff the costs onto a paying customer elsewhere there is a problem.

so as I see it ads are a necessary evil, unless people agree to pay a subscription. if you switch to the subscription model then you complicate the design of the site and you risk choking new Versys owners, and killing of a few existing visitors.

for sheer devilment sometimes I deliberately click on some adds, especailly for big firms with no intention of buying, merely to generate some click through revenue and I hope some presence on those companies advertising here.

there is a truism, that there is no such thing as a free lunch. the advertising as annoying as it can be is the price you pay for the site. shutting off the adverts means the site may be devalued in the medium to long. its not as if this is the only bike forum, and its not the only Versys Forum
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

I don't feel bad about disabling the ads on this site.

(I've used the donations button on the top of the page to make a donation to this site.)

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode