Your Favorite Street Bike You Have Owned - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Your Favorite Street Bike You Have Owned

My first street only bike was a new Black 1980 Suzuki GS550L i was 17. Kept it a year and sold it to a friend and bought my "Favorite" so far bike at age 18 a new 1981 GS1000L exactly like you see in the video .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWmWobEzlE

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hard to pick one, I've enjoyed them all. Gonna have to go with the only one I really missed when I sold it...a 1995 Ducati 900 SS SP. Red, of course, with awesome sounding carbon fiber Arrow slip-ons. And other assorted goodies, of course. I did everything on that bike. Street rides, track days, threw soft bags on it and toured...
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
thats a good toss up, the one i had the longest was my secaII turbo i toured japan on loaded with over 400lbs of crap,
but i also miss one of my first ever street bike (that was bigger then a 125) was 1250cc TwinTurbo ninja...... that got alota stupid out of me when i was younger.

the bikes i dont miss are the atk(all the drama i had with it, was a beast of a bike tho) and my last cafe bike i made (had loads of fun on it but it had loads of gremlins and problem P/O "forgot" to mention till a month after i got the bike >.>)
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Miss my Versys but my favorite so far is my new one.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM

My V1K. By far.

2013 Versys1000
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I know it's a pretty lousy bike, but I think my favorite is my actual Versys 650, believe it or not.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 12:14 AM

Garage
1982 Gpz550 followed by the Versys. Lousy bike? Your in the wrong forum
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 12:53 AM

Yeah, I also liked my golden 1982 GPz 550, and my 1990 ZX6, and my 2002 WR426F...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 05:35 AM

My fav is a1988 Honda Hawk 650GT.
Just sold it two months ago
Before that it was a 1984 Nighthawk S
700sc. One of the best looking bikes
Honda made.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 AM

Seems to be a moving target as to my favorite:

RD's were at the top of my list for years, the Gen 1 FZ1's

The Versys is on top at this point...and i've had many different bike including 13 Harley's I had Harley's when it wasn't "cool" to own one...

'15 DL1000
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 07:01 AM

I haven't owned a lot of bikes so my choices are rather limited. The bike that always seems to be my first choice when I go out to the garage is the Street Triple R. The Triumph is a great bike and quite a fun ride.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 AM

cuff, what bike is that? Looks nice! Also, I see a nesba sticker - I used to ride with them, until they folded early this year.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 08:41 AM

1985 Honda V65 Magna. Rocket Ship.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 09:08 AM

Having owned more than 60 motorcycles - it's a moving target. I remember when a 1972 BMW R75/5 was my favorite.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 1973 model and restored it. Holy crap, what was I thinking?

Oh yeah, it looked show room perfect, but it rode like a , ummm, 1973 motorcycle !

At present time, I've had a 2008 Harley Fat Boy for seven years - so I guess that's my favorite.

Other notable motorcycles - Yamaha FJR1300, Yamaha Super Tenere, and of course, this 2014 Kawasaki Versys.

We also have a Gold Wing GL1800 and it's my favorite if'n I'm planning to ride coast to coast. Otherwise, it's like a hippopotamus.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 AM

Folks are right, it's a tough call. Though I might change my mind again and again, I really liked my Moto Guzzi V50 III (back when I was younger and lighter anyway).

Overall though I still think my all time favorite was the 1972 Suzuki T-500J I owned while living in England. It wasn't fancy but it was described, quite accurately I believe, as a being like a pair of Levis - it did it's job and was very hard to wear out. And it took me thousands and thousands of miles without ever skipping a beat. It was the essence of a motorcycle - simple, reliable, and surprisingly comfortable.

But then there's the Suzuki GS450, the Norton Commando 850 Interstate, the BMW K75S, and the Gen 1 Versys. Each was, or still is, very good in its own right, though not perfect. Arrgh, it's tough to decide!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
Having owned more than 60 motorcycles - it's a moving target. I remember when a 1972 BMW R75/5 was my favorite.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 1973 model and restored it. Holy crap, what was I thinking?

Oh yeah, it looked show room perfect, but it rode like a , ummm, 1973 motorcycle !

At present time, I've had a 2008 Harley Fat Boy for seven years - so I guess that's my favorite.

Other notable motorcycles - Yamaha FJR1300, Yamaha Super Tenere, and of course, this 2014 Kawasaki Versys.

We also have a Gold Wing GL1800 and it's my favorite if'n I'm planning to ride coast to coast. Otherwise, it's like a hippopotamus.
Hmmm. Living in central Missouri, wouldn't that be coast to coast and a half?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
Seems to be a moving target as to my favorite:

RD's were at the top of my list for years, the Gen 1 FZ1's

The Versys is on top at this point...and i've had many different bike including 13 Harley's I had Harley's when it wasn't "cool" to own one...
harley's weren't ,arnt , and never will be "cool" to own, ride, or even be seen (ok some of the really old ones are ok to look at)
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
cuff, what bike is that? Looks nice! Also, I see a nesba sticker - I used to ride with them, until they folded early this year.
It's a 2006 zx14. Tonnes of work done to it by the previous owner. That's who put the nesba sticker on it. I'll be taking it to the strip though either in a few weeks or next spring. Damn work keeps getting in the way.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My favorite bike is also the bike I ride the least, but also the first bike I kept longer than four years. That bike is my '07 Vulcan Mean Streak. Now, if I can only own one of the bikes I have owned, or bike I would want back based on my current riding tempo, it would be the concours . But the reality is that and adventure touring bike would meet most of my riding wants.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I know it's a pretty lousy bike, but I think my favorite is my actual Versys 650, believe it or not.
I'm w/ invader! BOTH my '08 AND my '09 Versys' are my faves!!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode