my first strap-on.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
my first strap-on....

You're all sickos

image hosting over 10mb

The ramps I had were way too steep, so I used some plywood on an extendable ladder and it worked just fine

I miss the old single motorcycle trailer I had. Some day I'm going to get an enclosed trailer or a toy hauler camper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
What a topic title! LOL!

have you looked at the shark cage? If I was going to haul frequently I would get one. Way to many fail videos out there when trying to load bikes with makeshift or incorrect ramps for the job.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:49 AM

I see it wasn't a tight fit. No lube or elbow grease to ease it in was needed.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
I see it wasn't a tight fit. No lube or elbow grease to ease it in was needed.
Once I had her in my sights I rammed it right in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
What a topic title! LOL!

have you looked at the shark cage? If I was going to haul frequently I would get one. Way to many fail videos out there when trying to load bikes with makeshift or incorrect ramps for the job.
Never heard of the shark cage, I'll have to look it up

This was only to take it to the dealer. As much as I'd like to take it on trips I can't because I have a 5th wheel non toy hauler so there's no room. And when I go someplace it's always to go camping so bike trips aren't in my immediate future

And I have watched a ton of those fail vids....and learned from them
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I bought one of these from Harbor-Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-...res-42708.html

I moved the axle rearward when I was trailering my '09 from AZ to Canada, but then moved it back to the stock location, as that had been TOO far back (too much tongue weight). I added a spare wheel, etc, but it COULD use a longer draw-bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05960 copy.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	53929   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05961 copy.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	53937   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05962 copy.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	53945  

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 08-26-2014 at 03:57 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I thought about getting an ultralight trailer to tow my dual sport behind the solstice or Voyager. I borrow my wife's truck to bring the trials bike to my buddy's place on Saturday mornings.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 07:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I bought one of these from Harbor-Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-...res-42708.html

I moved the axle rearward when I was trailering my '09 from AZ to Canada, but then moved it back to the stock location, as that had been TOO far back (too much tongue weight). I added a spare wheel, etc, but it COULD use a longer draw-bar.
Very neet setup FastEddie !!!

Any fear that it would tip over ?

LOP
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 08:48 PM

I got this one at HF. It's larger and when not in use folds up.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb...els-90154.html
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

I had a trailer when I had my gixxer. You could stand it upright when not in use, which ended up being maybe 6x3 ground space by 8 feet tall. Of course I didn't like the exposure to the elements but it was ridiculously easy to load and strap down
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
...I moved the axle rearward when I was trailering my '09 from AZ to Canada, but then moved it back to the stock location, as that had been TOO far back (too much tongue weight). I added a spare wheel, etc, but it COULD use a longer draw-bar.
I used it w/ the axle moved back to the stock location to tow the GREEN HORNET to Kelowna from near Calgary, three years back. Worked FINE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Very neet setup FastEddie !!!

Any fear that it would tip over ?

LOP
Nope.

IF you want one Phil, head to New York state to the nearest H-F, and get one. Takes a few hours to bolt together, and the two boxes should fit into pretty much anything (they fit inside the Nissan Maxima in the pics, pulling the trailer).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Nope.

IF you want one Phil, head to New York state to the nearest H-F, and get one. Takes a few hours to bolt together, and the two boxes should fit into pretty much anything (they fit inside the Nissan Maxima in the pics, pulling the trailer).
Very tempting ... Just have to find a way to go true customs ... (so far, I don't have a passeport, a nexus card, or an ''enhanced Provincial Drivers License '')

Thank's Eddie

LOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode