What do you do for Christmas - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What do you do for Christmas

What do you do for Christmas?

I worked until 1 pm. Now we are getting ready for the "Christmas Big Dinner".
About at 9 pm we gonna be with a lot of relatives (grandparents, uncles, cousins, theirs sons etc... -about 25-30 peoples...-) together at my in-law's house.
Everyone are cooking a meal, mostly traditional meals, for the "Christmas Big Dinner" (we will eat for hours long ).
About 11 pm somebody will go to hear Mass.
This is the situation to come all relatives together , because in daily life is so hard to meet them together .

Bye

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by duffyduck1; 12-24-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Well Duffy, tonight we have about 30 of my wifes Italian relatives over (1/2 are Calabraze other 1/2 Premateze) They will eat and drink everything as if they fasted for a month
Funny story: The first year we were married and had her relatives over for Christmas I bought all top shelf liquor, Grey Goose, Johnny Walker Black etc. spent like 500 dollars on liquor.
Well, they drank everything. So I saved all the empty bottles, went out the next year and bought the cheapest booze and I do mean cheapest (like in the big plastic jugs or box), poured it in the top shelf bottles and guess what? Its been 20 years and they still don't know the difference
Will try to make it to midnight mass and call it a night...I wish you a good New Year Duffy and to all the other great V riders

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Ah ah ah!

Ehm...
what mean "premateze"?

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
vp7

I am at home at my parents and one of my sisters and her family is here as well. Other family is way too far away unfortunately. We will have a nice Christmas Eve dinner with family and some friends and then open the gifts on the 24th. We are European so we keep that tradition.

But nothing is better than to have a few days to spend with family. Who cares about the gifts. Coming from a guy that lives way too far away from the family.

Merry Christmas Everybody

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:16 AM

We will be spending tonight at my folks' place for Christmas Eve, then tomorrow we'll watch our 4 year old daughter go bonkers over what "Santa" left for her under the tree. I'll sip Jameson on the rocks, wife will drink the Yeunglings and we'll munch on veggies, meats, cheeses and any sweets I've managed to acquire/make in the last few days. And hopefully it'll be in the 50s this weekend so I can sneak several rides in.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:55 AM

Christmas Eve we will spend with my wife's family at her aunt & uncle's house. There will be lots of people & great food. We will exchange gifts, have a few drinks & enjoy the quality time together. It's always a great time.

Christmas Day will be at my house this year, with my wife, her brother & his wife, his mother-in-law & brother-in-law, my son & me. My daughter has to work, but will join us in the evening. We'll eat & watch Christmas stuff on TV all day. This will be my first time cooking for them, so wish me (and them!!) luck!!

Merry Christmas everybody...

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Heading to Mass in 30 minutes (by "V", of course!!!), home by 7:30 to watch "Polar Express 3D", then to bed (after 'helping' Santa... ). Up early tomorrow to see IF the OLD fellow got here, some champagne, little nap, then off to friends' place for turkey, etc!

Merry Christmas EVERYONE

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Sorry Duffy...What I meant was Piemontese...Got to excuse my Italian...Merry Christmas

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 PM

I just got done with the big christmas eve with my folks brother and kids. Christmas we all sit in and watch my 5 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy play with everything cook a nice relaxing dinner and drink sam adams winter all night and thank god for all we have
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
Sorry Duffy...What I meant was Piemontese...Got to excuse my Italian...Merry Christmas
Oooook!
Thanks

later we'll exchange gifts, in family lunch, relaxing and spend time with family.
This is a special Christmas for us, because last week we knew a great news: we are waiting for a baby , next summer I'll became FATHER !!!
It's great! I think I'll ride less with V, but time spended with my baby will be incredible

Bye!!

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:33 AM

i relax,spend time with my wife and any family who drops by.I cook dinner for My wife ,my sister i law and myself ,and usalley we watch a movie we have rented or obtained from the library after.We stepped away from the insane ,stressful antics of trying to visit everyone ,ect ect a few years ago.Our Christmas has been better ever since

AMA EAA STN
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 AM

Wherever YOU are or doing,

Have a Great Christmas at home! With or not having your family or friends.

From my mum, I celebrate Christmas.
From my dad, I celebrate Chinese New Year.
From my wife, Deepavali (Indian festival of Lights).

To Duffyduck1, Congratulations on being a Father soon. All the Best...

Have A Great Time, New Year's Next

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 AM

I'm working all day on X-mas, and my family is on the other side of the country, so this forum will be keeping me company today! Merry Christmas everyone.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:24 AM

Hey Duffy....Great news and congrats and your soon to arrive child...And Skeezix, sorry bout the work gig, when I lite up a Padilla today I'll be thinkin of ya

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:48 AM

Congrats Duffy!

Merry Christmas Skeezix!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode